question

Why is Gaga not openly endorsing Biden?

barnabesk

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherry Blues

Maybe because politic unfortunately often a is very false game and unfortunately in many cases like a reality show. What are the true ambitions behind the facade? Do LG know everything exactly?

bluemonkey
12 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

Well, they're asking because she was so vocal last time. They find it odd that she isn't vocal this time. Some people, even the celebrities themselves, might feel its a moral imperative to try and get people to be proactive about voting, especially for the candidates they themselves are voting for, hence celebrity endorsements are a common thing. It's possible a lot of users on here feel she isn't meeting her moral imperative by keeping silent. It's the same kind of imperative some fans might feel about their idol is neglecting not speaking on other controversial issues, like BLM or #FreeWhoever. 

And since you asked, no, I don't ask, the people important in my life I speak freely about politics and vice versa, so I don't need to ask. I'll leave asking strangers to campaign volunteers. 

Last time was years ago, you act like people don’t change over time, she went through a lot between then and now, and views/opinions/attitude etc can change or evolve. Look how much she’s grown and evolved, again she’s not obligated nor does she have to carry that responsibility. She’s an entertainer foremost and the political stuff is just an extra. She can choose to or not to say anything just like she has the right to not talk about her personal life if she doesn’t want to. It could be that she wanted a female president instead of a male hence supporting Hilary, and this election doesn’t have any. There could be so many reasons but for me, I don’t care about her political views or anything she does in her personal life cuz it’s her choice and she’s allowed that.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:37 PM, Dulo Peep said:

Because she has the right to keep her political views private after Hilary

This entire comment. Plus it can hinder Chromatica’s success.

jimmytimestep
13 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

Her fan base already despises Trump. This is the most polarizing election of all time and everyone knows exactly who they’re voting for. She wouldn’t be swaying anyone’s vote if she did get vocal and would only be inviting Trumpster fires to attack her which she doesn’t need. We all just need to get out, vote and get through 2020 together.  

THIS

Meruk Holland
9 hours ago, bluemonkey said:

Last time was years ago, you act like people don’t change over time, she went through a lot between then and now, and views/opinions/attitude etc can change or evolve. Look how much she’s grown and evolved, again she’s not obligated nor does she have to carry that responsibility. She’s an entertainer foremost and the political stuff is just an extra. She can choose to or not to say anything just like she has the right to not talk about her personal life if she doesn’t want to. It could be that she wanted a female president instead of a male hence supporting Hilary, and this election doesn’t have any. There could be so many reasons but for me, I don’t care about her political views or anything she does in her personal life cuz it’s her choice and she’s allowed that.

You are right that her views/opinions/attitude may have changed over time, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is true for her fan base. Which was my point. She may not feel the imperative anymore, for any reason such as the fact that Biden isn't a woman. But that doesn't mean there aren't those here that feel she still has that imperative. I'm not saying those fans are right or wrong, as you said, it's up to Gaga to decide her feelings.

But my original argument wasn't whether Gaga herself should endorse Biden, it was that celebrities have the right, and possible moral imperative, to be involved in politics. Celebrity endorsement is a basic marketing strategy with proven effectiveness, so to say that celebrities should stay out of politics is potentially harmful.

The Edge Of Glory

Because she's an artist, if she wants: good, if she doesn't want: okay, good too

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

Archived