💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mariah Carey Accuses Celine Dion of Blasphemy

Bodum

Featured Posts

flyaway

Mariah is very talented and all, but she wishes she had a voice like Celine's. If anything it was a tribute to Aretha, they were singing her song (More like the song Carole King wrote and Aretha made hers). Celine was asked to sing, and she rightfully did it. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Adarsh said:

I love Mariah but Celine can still outsing her, so who really won at the end :yennefer:

I mean, Celine been using lipsync for her whole life, of course her voice would be im better condition after all these years

10 hours ago, swakby said:

Mariah is off her meds again. 

She needs serious professional help 

Mmm honey, no

Mental health is not a joke

4 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

Mmm honey, no

Mental health is not a joke

just like shading people for no good reason years after and after youve raised it several times in the media. time to let go, mariyah. 

FentyGa
8 hours ago, dzox said:

but what happened with her and Jlo? i mean if she didnt "know" her she could've say it nicely and less shady

mariah’s husband tried to sabotage her career using jlo, stealing mariah’s song ideas

also jlo built her career off stealing from black women

StrawberryBlond

After finding out a lot of stuff I was unaware of in her past in her autobiography, my view of her personality is starting to change. So I wish she wouldn't say stuff like this. It just sounds like jealousy. These kinds of performances are all about being OTT and vocally battling. Isn't Celine's voice on the same level if not better than Aretha's? Why shouldn't they show equal vocal respect to each other? I don't hold with the idea that you've got to treat certain legends like literal royalty and not feel like you should get on their level in any way. I don't see why your feelings about something so irrelevant should be made public after all these years anyway. It just sounds petty and a cheap shot.

14 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Like who? Name artists.

J-Lo, of course (I know why she doesn't like her of course but it's still shade), Nicki Minaj (ditto), Christina Aguilera and Madonna. She's also subtely shaded Demi Lovato once and has subtely shaded Ariana Grande every time someone brings her up. She's famously always shaded female artists, it's clear she's threatened by the popularity of her competition. And as for male artists, well, Eminem, obviously. And for the record, he only started dissing her when she denied getting with him (in his own words "the only reason I dissed you in the first place was cos you denied seeing me").

she still cant seem to get over that night...Mariah girl...your vocals were FRIED that night. Her other performances were not it vocally speaking either. This was a period in her career where her voice was on and off at times. It is not that she wouldn't do it out of respect. It's that she COULDN't do it. Also Aretha was asking for someone to help her lift Jesus name and at one point was directly looking at Celine while saying that. Celine just stood up to the challenge and had a cool call and response performance with Aretha like they do in some churches. It was a special moment and Mariah's insistence after all these years to still paint it out to be a sign of disrespect is ridiculous. 

Reality

Some of y'all really need to either learn about looking at context, or stop being so uptight. I'm so sick and tired of GGDsters taking something that wasn't meant to be taken seriously and giving themselves headaches over something that isn't ultimately that big of a deal.

She's already talked about this before. Mariah can be shady, but she also has a shady sense of humor. She doesn't hate Celine or anything like that. The fact that y'all get so worked up over this is astonishing :smh: 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
16 hours ago, dolce vita said:

it was clearly in jest. the way everyone takes everything she says so seriously :rip: 

GGD has this weird superiority complex where most of its members say that social media is "too sensistive," but then do sh*t like complain and whine about something that was never serious in the first place :reductive:

🃏🖤👹

If you watch the video Aretha approaches Mariah first to do some riffing. Mariah tried a little but then backed off. Aretha then clearly looks at Celine and sings “help me lift him” and she did. Aretha also sang over the part of Carole King, and kept ad lobbing while the other divas sang their solos. Celine had enough of that **** and showed out with Aretha. They looked like they were having a good time. Mariah is mad because her voice was not in tip top that night and she couldn’t hang with Celine or Aretha. 

18 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Let’s be honest. If Mariah had done what Celine did she would have been swiftly torn to shreds by the press as a disrespectful diva, but because Celine-girl-from-next-door did it she got a free pass. That is the honest gospel truth.

I get what Mariah is saying but she obviously has to be careful saying it. There was a double standard in the 90s between “good girls” and “bad girls” , and after her breakup with Tommy Mottola (the devil himself according to Michael Jackson) in 1996 Mariah was now being framed as THE bad girl (as opposed to her early 90s good girl persona).

Aretha literally looked at Celine and said “help mw lift him” and they had a nice back and forth with each other. THE ONLY person in the history of this whole thing that has ever mentioned it in a negative way, is MARIAH.  I love Mariah, but she has been pressed about this for years. The only fact here is Mariah’s voice was tired as hell that night and she could not hang. Celine and Aretha has a good ol time and tore it up on that stage, while Mariah faded into the background. She’s been bitter about it ever since. 

• Admin changed the title to Mariah Carey Accuses Celine Dion of Blasphemy

Archived