Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

NORMANDIE
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

But the general public doesn't rememer much of Avatar. That's just the reality of the situation. I'm not hating on Avatar or James Cameron, I'm just simply saying that I think people are overestimating the influence that special effects may have on people. Look, we haven't seen the movie, so for all we know, maybe it will be the most technologically advanced thing we've ever seen, but in a world where there are already a lot of technological advancements, I don't think people are going to be as impressed as they once were back in 2009.

But Titantic and Avatar had special reasons for being such high grossing movies. IDK if Avatar 2 can strike lightning twice. He is a visionary, but just because he is a visionary doesn't mean that he'll get the highest grossing movie of all time again.

Wait for the trailer and your narrative about the GP halving "no interest" will quickly change. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
2 minutes ago, NORMANDIE said:

Wait for the trailer and your narrative about the GP halving "no interest" will quickly change. 

I’m confused at people saying people don’t remember much of Avatar. People who are deep in the Marvel fandom seem to think the GP and casual fans remember the movies as much as the hardcore fans, but in reality the general movie going audience just remembers these movies as fun rides and doesn’t think about them that much.

6 minutes ago, Phlop said:

If they’re 100% and 95% complete why the late release dates?

Their filming is complete, not the entire post-production.

Reality
12 minutes ago, NORMANDIE said:

The GP will go, "Oh another Avatar movie? I kinda remember the last one. That's interesting." but nothing more. Unless the tech he has surpasses the amount of hype that the first movie generated, then Avatar 2 will simply just not do as well as the first.

13 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Did I say that it would? Regardless I’m sure the film will do well. The first Avatar was a cultural phenomenon and the last time James Cameron directed an extraterrestrial sequel starring Sigourney Weaver it was extremely successful.

But you have to think about the context in which those films were released. You can't bring up Alien because that was decades ago. So much has changed since then. You also have to remember that the first Avatar was released in 2009. Visual effects in movies have progressed much more rapidly since then. Unless he literally has holograms showing up in movie theatres while you're watching the movie, are some new tech advancements really enough for Avatar 2 to be the highest grossing movie of all time?

The answer is simply no. I'm not downplaying Cameron or the Avatar movie, but I think it's a little ridiculous to think that it'll be the MEGA SMASH HIT when the first movie came out 11 years ago, and technological has advanced the point where it's surpassed the original Avatar movie.

Take a look at the Lion King (2019) for example. Whether or not people liked the movie, we can agree that the technology used there was incredible. The fact that they were able to make the animals and environments look so realistic is outstanding, yet, no one really cared....It was a technological marvel, but that wasn't enough. It made $1.6 billion at the box office, which is fantastic, but that's also not the "MEGA SMASH HIT" that Avatar was. 

🃏🖤👹

NORMANDIE
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

The GP will go, "Oh another Avatar movie? I kinda remember the last one. That's interesting." but nothing more. Unless the tech he has surpasses the amount of hype that the first movie generated, then Avatar 2 will simply just not do as well as the first.

Does it have to sell the same as the highest grossing film in history (which was AVATAR until a few days ago) for the film to be a success? Answer: NO Cameron's record speaks for itself. Wait and watch it happen.

gumzy3000

I am 100% sure that the studio behind all these Avatar sequels are working with the best and biggest marketing agencies in the world. Trust me, they 100% will get it to a point where everyone will be talking about these movies for the next decade. They have invested a billion dollars into the sequels and will probably spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing alone. It is definitely a huge leap of faith but the studio will do everything to make them a success.

Also, lets not underestimate James Cameron. People doubted him throughout his whole career and the man has proved his naysayers wrong all the time. And for those saying the first Avatar was bad, I think it is just easy to hate on successful movies like it. It was critically acclaimed, won a ton of awards and obviously made a lot of money. Even the story wasn't as bad as people make it seem. It was basic but it wasn't bad, far from it. I am looking forward to the sequels, mainly for the technology and effects though. Mark my words, Avatar will be a huge cultural phenomenon by the end of the decade 

trolly troll troll

Reality
6 minutes ago, NORMANDIE said:

Does it have to sell the same as the highest grossing film in history (which was AVATAR until a few days ago) for the film to be a success? Answer: NO Cameron's record speaks for itself. Wait and watch it happen.

Endgame became the highest grossing movie for a while now but okay......

I'll be glad to come back when it does mediocre numbers compared to the first :vegas: 

🃏🖤👹

NORMANDIE
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'll be glad to come back when it does mediocre numbers compared to the first :vegas: 

Reaction Gif GIF by MOODMAN

Chromatican
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Why does Avatar 2 have to outgross Engame? Will Avengers 5 outgross Endgame? I’m sure Avatar 2 will be a huge box office hit, and the first film held its place for a decade before being overtaken. 

Last time I watched it in cinema with my 3D glasses, the screen froze for 30 min, I had the biggest headache of my life I wanted this movie to end. It's too long and the colors etc make me sick, I get triggered just seeing the word Avatar 

Chromatican
21 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

But you have to think about the context in which those films were released. You can't bring up Alien because that was decades ago. So much has changed since then. You also have to remember that the first Avatar was released in 2009. Visual effects in movies have progressed much more rapidly since then. Unless he literally has holograms showing up in movie theatres while you're watching the movie, are some new tech advancements really enough for Avatar 2 to be the highest grossing movie of all time?

The answer is simply no. I'm not downplaying Cameron or the Avatar movie, but I think it's a little ridiculous to think that it'll be the MEGA SMASH HIT when the first movie came out 11 years ago, and technological has advanced the point where it's surpassed the original Avatar movie.

Take a look at the Lion King (2019) for example. Whether or not people liked the movie, we can agree that the technology used there was incredible. The fact that they were able to make the animals and environments look so realistic is outstanding, yet, no one really cared....It was a technological marvel, but that wasn't enough. It made $1.6 billion at the box office, which is fantastic, but that's also not the "MEGA SMASH HIT" that Avatar was. 

The GP doesn’t remember the plots of most action movies but will go to the sequel if it’s marketing is effective and they enjoyed the previous entries. Comparing Avatar 2 to The Lion King is a pretty weak comparison, as that was a remake and not a sequel and didn’t have any new technology that wasn’t already done in Jungle Book, whereas Avatar 2 seems to have some sort of new tech to entice viewers that is unlike what we have become accustomed to in the post-Avatar theatre experience, not just CGI animals.

Archived