šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga Talks About Americano Performance in Mexico in recent interview

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

NFRatwell
21 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Americano is such a powerfulĀ song. I just don't understand why fans hate it. If you don't understand Americano, you don't understand the message behind BTW.

Hate is a strong word, but some of us are allowed to not like the production of songs. Itā€™s a beautiful song lyrically but the album versionĀ is too loud for me. But people are allowed to like and dislike what they do.Ā 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

Hate is a strong word, but some of us are allowed to not like the production of songs. Itā€™s a beautiful song lyrically but the album versionĀ is too loud for me. But people are allowed to like and dislike what they do.

Then it probably wasn't directed at youĀ :vegas:

I've seen the discussions on this one here since the album release and it has received some bizarre hatred. The song isn't bad or horrible by any means, unlike what stans tend to say. Some have even gone as far as saying that it shouldn't be on the album altogether when it addresses the central theme head-on.

Of course, people are allowed to like or dislike. It's the hatredĀ that is weird.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Daylight Jokers
24 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Americano is such a powerfulĀ song. I just don't understand why fans hate it. If you don't understand Americano, you don't understand the message behind BTW.

Ikr?? I remember stumbling upon the puss n boots clip and everyone in the comments that are non-Gaga fans were asking what song was playing.

19 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I was there that night. :bradley:Ā That exact night,Ā Iā€™ll never forget it.Ā 

It must have been so special to share this exprience with her, and even more now in retrospect. BeautifulĀ 

ugh i forgot about this, so powerful, so iconic, this version makes the message be even more impactful/ have a stronger meaning

also it sounds so good and dramatic!

... and now i just sit in silence.

derpmonster

She is living for Born This Way recently and I'm living for that

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Pennywise

The first time I heard it live was this, and if I remember right it was all improvised. This concert also introduced me to jazz GagaĀ Ā :vegas:
Ā 

Ā 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Anderson123
26 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Wow, that must have been such a powerful experience. Witnessing a new, never-before-heard song live as part of an audience that the song was intended for. You're so luckyĀ :bradley:

It was also the same day where she served this look right? IconicĀ :firega:

Dcfdf97UwAAEcg2.jpg:large

That is from a press conference she did. My date was May 3rd. She performed Americano with just a piano and there hadĀ been rumors about it on this website actually so I told my friends this was gonna happen then when she did I cried.

There were a lot of surprises that night because it was her first night in Mexico, she performed Born This Way and then Judas for the very first time as well, choreography and everything. Then in Mexico City she brought Fernando Garibay to play the guitar for Americano. This is why I love that song so much, never understood the hate it gets.Ā 

51 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

I like the lyrics and the feeling of the song but the production isĀ messy afĀ :huntyga:Ā Should be cleaner.

MANiCURE1295
54 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It really is such an underrated song. A couple days ago there was that 8 Song BTW thread and there was no wayĀ for me to not include Americano, it is such a key BTW song and maybe behind BTW the song might be the song that most displays BTW (the albums) meaning. Like you said, if you donā€™t understand Americano, you really donā€™t understand the whole concept behind Born This Way.

Ā 

Gaga was doing political pop all the way back in 2011 and was actually doing it rightĀ :pawsup:

1 hour ago, HybridAT said:

Oh okay, my bad. I might have gotten the dates mixed up thenĀ :sweat:

Nonetheless, iconic!Ā :firega:

I just checked to be sure.

The Guadalajara concert (the one in the op) was on May 3rd.

The concerts in Mexico City were on May 5th and 6th. (I went to both btw XD)

And the press conference was on the morning of May 6th.

5 minutes ago, Achromatic said:

She loves mexico yet she didnā€™t came backĀ :selena:

This may be more a label decision than hers...

unfortunately, even tho MBT was SUPER successful in Mexico City, BTWB didnt sell out, i know this also happened in some Latin American countries,Ā it was the time when she received a lot of hate from the media and internet.

but iā€™m sure if she came again, she would 100% sell out, she is in a great position again

Archived