🔥 HEAD RUSH 🔥 HEAT SPELL 🔥

Our latest 💌 monthly fan mail 💌 includes a Chromatica pop socket, 2 glow-in-the-dark wristbands, a sticker set, and a set of art cards. Hurry up!
Sign in to follow this  
question

Why Katy chose clowns instead of NRO's aesthetic?

Buddy Zen

Hi! 

NRO's music video is Katy's most visually pleasing work yet. I wonder why she didn't go with that style for the newly released album? 

She should've gone with ‘70s-inspired boho-chic aesthetic - exploring illuminati sphere, achieving mental zen, therapeutic New Age concept, fortune-telling and star signs.

Katy-Perry-Never-Really-Over-Video.jpg

... instead she chose a clown theme. Why? I don't get it -.-

PoliticalSoupyJunebug-size_restricted.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Ryusei

I guess you have to ask her :poot: 

Stan Fujii Kaze
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

breakourstigmas

it really doesn’t fit the album at all but we know katy isn’t the best when it comes to taste 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Buddy Zen
4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Well, she doesn't answer. :bear:

I'm asking you guys, instead.

Edited by Buddy Zen
  • LMAO 2

dynamite
3 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

@Katy Perry why u chose clowns henny?

Love it when you give me shade in the morning call me neyde
  • LMAO 5

Red

Because she just got the Haus Labs Stupid Love Palette™ and wanted to have fun with it

ELl7Bt_XYAAWXL-.jpg

says Campbell, chuckling.
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1

Buddy Zen
4 minutes ago, breakourstigmas said:

it really doesn’t fit the album at all but we know katy isn’t the best when it comes to taste 

And so are the yes men around her I guess.

• Like 1

Snorlax

Honestly, I think she knew the album would loew key flop so she decided to embrace and own the clown aesthetic :flop:

• LMAO 2

I think she got pregnant and was so happy that decided to make it about getting smile back and being happy 

I hoped that she will continue story from NRO in next videos but sadly it didn't happen

Edited by 777777777777777777
(っ◔◡◔)っ
  • Like 1

Steven

I agree with the OP, the whole clown theme doesn’t match the album, I guess she wanted to play it safe but it turned out to be a big fail, sadly.

• Like 1

pop ate my heart

right??? it makes no sense. not that i'm surprised tho, it's KP after all lol

but back when she released HIH, it really seemed like the aesthetic was going somewhere. it seemed cohesive and honestly very pretty. but she just went ahead and ruined it as usual :ladyhaha:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic
  • Thanks 1

SHALLOW

Exactly. I’ll never understand 

Don't you know my a$$ is famous?

CameltoeKween

Katy has consistently chosen comedy and what her team thinks is "camp" to lead her public image. Almost all of her videos are in the same vein as most of P!nk's videos, Blink 182's All The Small Things or Eminem's Real Slim Shady. She grew up in a time when pop videos were made to be cheesy teen comedy films condensed into a 3 minute clip and that clearly resonated with her. :bear:

Its really too bad - NRO was a bold step in the right direction and caught the eye of many... only for her to completely ditch it and go back to her Glee-esque roots. Oh well. :billie:

Buddy Zen
8 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I think she got pregnant and was so happy that decided to make it about getting smile back and being happy 

I hoped that she will continue story from NRO in next videos but sadly it didn't happen

This still applies to the NRO theme. A therapeutic recovery to bring the joy back.

And by the way - Daises MV kinda fits the aesthetic I'm talking about - ironically it was made thanks to the restrictions, lol.