đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No wonder Gaga failed..

Madame Goo Goo

Featured Posts

To elaborate on my comment:

1. Diamond Heart - Talks about how she left everything to go-go dance in bars so she could pursue her dreams, what her father thought of it.

2. A-Yo - Full of americana imagery, ferrari, horses, Marlboro, road rail, etc. Very much her father's universe.

3. Joanne - Her father's sister.

4. John Wayne - Talks about how she likes rough men (daddy issues)

7. Million Reasons - Can be about fame, Taylor and her family

8. Sinner's Prayer - About her family

9. Come To Mama - her father is a Trump supporter, talks about not fighting and coming together for the sake of the human kind

10. Hey Girl - women coming together. Trump supporter :bear:

11. Angel Down - About social justice, again, Trump supporter :ally:

So yeah, 9 songs out of 11 could be songs to heal her father.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga is kindhearted and always doing what she can to lift people up.   :heart:  And she cares for others before she cares for herself.

I live outside the space time continuum.

HausOfAntonio
6 minutes ago, Sunny said:

the concept of the album failed when she decided to put a song about having sex and masturbating on it :billie:

That doesn't prevent it from being deeply personal to her... imo DIC is a very well written account of loneliness and really shows Gaga's sexually liberated side. It has a real third-wave feminist unapologetic approach to the banal yet strangely taboo topic of masturbation.

Stephen

Meh. Obviously she means the song Joanne and the fact that she named the album Joanne. You're reading too much into her comments.

Joanne is also about her, and how she feels that Joanne's spirit lives through her - for some reason she was hesitant to say this during the album promotion, but she's said it in earlier interviews. That's why she says "Call me Joanne".

LGMonster95

Joanne is mostly about herself and her family. I can sure you that that album wasn't only created to "heal her dad" I mean yeah she talks about this because it was one of the things that she thought it could do. Remember last year at the Grammys how happy she was when Joanne won that grammy? It probably meant a lot for her

Daylight Jokers

When an author dedicates their book to a specific person, does that mean that book is about that person? No.

Anveeroy

Am I the only one who thinks that to prepare herself for ASIB, she experimented with Joanne. I think, you all have to read between the lines, not always things are clear.. 

It was an attempt to tone down her persona, she tried to play with it  - Joanne was decent and ASIB turned out a jackpot! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
7 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

When an author dedicates their book to a specific person, does that mean that book is about that person? No.

But have you heard her interview at the actress roundtable? She clearly stated that even Joanne World Tour was emotional for her because his dad’s sister. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Mister G
51 minutes ago, Doot said:

I don't think Joanne was purely based on the actual person Joanne, and her attempt to heal her father's grief. 

I think Joe started to go down a path which was a hard contrast from Gaga's values (Trump, his employee money stuff, etc) and the album was her attempt to hopefully heal her strained relationship with him. 

And it didn't work. 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

4 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Gaga writing DIC thinking that it's going to have a profound effect on her strained relationship with her father

tenor.gif?itemid=15616624

"lemme make a song about how i masturbate to help heal my father"

"try masturbating dad i heard it helps"

27monster27

Maybe Lady Gaga tried to put some of Joanne's personality into the album? That might be why it isn't fully just ten "Joanne"'s in the whole album.

he/him/his

I can't with everyone saying DiC is about masturbation. It's just scratching the surface of the surface lol It's about the idea of learning to love your loneliness. "It feels good to be lonely". It's a song exploring the concept of self love via sex and sexuality. Gaga, being a *very* sexual person, would naturally confront a topic like this on her so-called 'self titled' album. The immaturity here lol sex and masturbation, to Gaga, are as fun and frivolous or serious and thought provoking as anything else.

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, ToxicHot said:

I get your point, but some of you forget that the title Joanne is actually referring to her middle name, so it’s like showing the world a different and much more personal side to her. And one of the most important themes of the album IS her family, but obviously not every song is about it.

I HATE when people say "she wrote an album about/dedicated to her dead aunt" or whatever. :saladga: Obviously that's not true, only the song "Joanne" is directly referring to her aunt.

Not gonna lie, I don't think "naming an album after your dead aunt" makes much sense. As I said before, it's mostly referring to her middle name and is basically a self-titled album without it actually being titled "Lady Gaga". And I love that. It works.

Thank you! Completely agree. It's def her self titled album. And it was her most personal album at the time (now we have chromatica)

organic salad
2 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

In her interviews for promoting Chromatica, she discusses Joanne and how she made that album to heal her father/family and how she made Chromatica to heal herself. In fact, she states failing to heal her father put her in even deeper pain and she realized that could never be done. According to Gaga, Joanne is an album for her father. (primary references: Zane Lowe and CBS interviews)

No wonder she failed. Literally most of the album has nothing to do with her family. Did Gaga forget what songs are on this album? Does she think the tracklist is just Joanne and Million Reasons over again or something? 

Uh, no. Gaga wrote the SONG, Joanne, inspired by her aunt, with Mark R. She played it for her grandma in her DOCUMENTARY. (Her dad walked out, remember??)

She decided to name the album after her aunt as a TRIBUTE. The rest of the album had NOTHING to do with her aunt. Some people name their boat after their late mom, you know? 

Her aunt died young and never got to be the artist she'd wanted to be. Maybe Gaga thought naming an album after her - and sharing Joanne's story WITH THE WORLD - would make her dad feel better. :heart:

Of course it didn't. As she's since found out, it's NOT all about Lady Gaga. She can't fix herself, much less her dad!

3 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

I get your point, but some of you forget that the title Joanne is actually referring to her middle name, so it’s like showing the world a different and much more personal side to her. And one of the most important themes of the album IS her family, but obviously not every song is about it.

I HATE when people say "she wrote an album about/dedicated to her dead aunt" or whatever. :saladga: Obviously that's not true, only the song "Joanne" is directly referring to her aunt.

Not gonna lie, I don't think "naming an album after your dead aunt" makes much sense. As I said before, it's mostly referring to her middle name and is basically a self-titled album without it actually being titled "Lady Gaga". And I love that. It works.

The middle name bit also makes more sense when she says "I'm my father's daughter." It's about her figuring out her relationship to her family, her career, her love life, herself, women, the political landscape outside, etc. As Zane Lowe said, it's about a woman figuring it out. I thought that that was pretty obvious from how many times she did radio interviews explaining it :ladyhaha:

Archived