⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Pentegon bought military gear with the $1 billion meant for covid-19

myluis617

Just when you thought America couldnt get worst. Apperently the military needed more funding during the pandemic. They literally bought gear and engine parts!!! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/22/covid-funds-pentagon/

5RFAQCHMNQI6VPIIDMIBGK2FR4.jpg&w=767

/Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper speaks as President Trump listens during a news briefing with the coronavirus task force March 18 at the White House. (Evan Vucci/AP)/

"A $1 billion fund Congress gave the Pentagon in March to build up the country’s supplies of medical equipment has instead been mostly funneled to defense contractors and used to make things such as jet engine parts, body armor and dress uniforms."

5e73b693c485407b1b0b5f49?width=1100&form

"Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in Senate testimony last week that states desperately need $6 billion to distribute vaccines to Americans early next year. Many U.S. hospitals still face a severe shortage of N95 masks. These are the types of problems that the money was originally intended to address."

Edited by myluis617
  • Sad 9

weed

The US Military is soooo overfunded it’s insane 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

gabeoz
1 minute ago, weed said:

More than the next 5 countries combined, but for some reason we have to spend more while cutting education and other vital needs :selena:

• Sad 3

papergangster

The unnecessary greed, it’s so tiring. 

• Thanks 1

bionic

Tear gas isn't cheap you know

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Dirkje

:neyde:

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

:saladga:

• Like 1

RahrahWitch

Is that even Legal? Will anything be done about it?

America continues to confuse me :saladga:

• Like 2

lilmonster2424

Not surprised at all, so tired of this corrupt evil country, I want to move to Canada or Europe so bad :saladga: I know that nowhere is perfect and each country has their issued but still :saladga:

• Like 3

NCgaga
6 minutes ago, lilmonster2424 said:

Not surprised at all, so tired of this corrupt evil country, I want to move to Canada or Europe so bad :saladga: I know that nowhere is perfect and each country has their issued but still :saladga:

Please move. The American guilt this website breeds is pathetic. You can be a proud American and not agree with everything the govt does. That’s the same for every country. This website loves to bash America. Like damn, worry about your own country’s problems. Or, if you’re from America, and you want change- do something about it. Vote. Run for office. do something inspirational that evokes change.  Or get the **** out. 

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

lilmonster2424
Just now, NCgaga said:

Please move. The American guilt this website breeds is pathetic. You can be a proud American and not agree with everything the govt does. That’s the same for every country. This website loves to bash America. Like damn, worry about your own country’s problems. Or, if you’re from America, and you want change- do something about it. Vote. Run for office. do something inspirational that evokes change.  Or get the **** out. 

I totally agree, I don't know if you are trying to apply that I'm not doing anything and should leave but I am extremely active in my community and politics, I always volunteer for campaigns and am always talking to people about the importance of voting. I do everything I can but sometimes it feels helpless when the elite in charge are so corrupt and don't care what the people say. We will see what this election looks like and decide what to do from there.

• Like 2

myluis617
33 minutes ago, lilmonster2424 said:

I totally agree, I don't know if you are trying to apply that I'm not doing anything and should leave but I am extremely active in my community and politics, I always volunteer for campaigns and am always talking to people about the importance of voting. I do everything I can but sometimes it feels helpless when the elite in charge are so corrupt and don't care what the people say. We will see what this election looks like and decide what to do from there.

If Trump wins theres gonna be a whole movement. I just know it. Theres no way this man should he president again. 

Economy

I guess imaginary threats overseas are a bigger threat to deal with than Covid 19

If 200,000+ American civilians had died from war attacks like the ones with Covid hell the army would be on full alert and the entire nation would have been put into war efforts and conscriptions

But because it's a virus and politically there's no one to dominate, I guess it's not as fun to fund it's efforts :madge:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4

brownie
1 hour ago, weed said:

Saddest part is, try and tell most americans this and they start babbling on about “ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD AND FOR OUR PROTECTION CAUSE WE ARE THE BEST” but when you point out that their insane military budget can solve world hunger or send everyone to college or pay off everyones medical bills....you get a shrug. 

Edited by brownie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1