💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

It was Gaga's idea to reference Armenian filmmaker Parajanov for 911 MV

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

Just now, malazam said:

Jeez, stop thinking everything is an attack. Views = exposure = more people watching your art. I'm not talking about success.

They seem to have connected right away and were very excited about making such a beautiful and well crafted video so yes I wish it had more views so more people could witness it.

You said it's "flopping" when it's not and I'm just correcting you on that. That's an exaggeration. Daisies is at 23M after 4 months. 911 is at 16M after 4 days. Now tell me which one is a flop. That's the word you used, not me honey :haroon:

Anyway, it's doing fine and will pick up in views again with more promo and hopefully some airplay

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, malazam said:

Sadly it's flopping in views:ohno:

Views??? Sad??? Flop???

Ok can stop with this "flopping" nonsense over one damn metric please? The video went viral! It was trending on social for two days. It has 1 million likes on day 5 (Stupid Love is at 1.6 after 7 mos). Everyone's been talking about it and loving it. The Armenians are gagged. Armenian government gave her a shout out. At least three pop girls were boosting her on social.  I didn't even see this amount of react vids go up so fast for ROM. Analysis articles are everywhere from Vogue to NME. 

She has set off a cultural moment for surrealist art and cinema. Like, how many people know about Colour of Pomegranates now? (It's on Amazon Prime btw)

And the general consensus, from stans to critics, is that this is Gaga's masterpiece.

So...define flop :shrug:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Guest Messy vers
1 hour ago, HybridAT said:

Basically the video's visual direction was guided by Gaga's idea to reference Parajanov's work in The Color of Pomegranates

Sis GaGa watched lot of good movies during quarantine I guess :ally:

16 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Views??? Sad??? Flop???

Ok can stop with this "flopping" nonsense over one damn metric please? The video went viral! It was trending on social for two days. It has 1 million likes on day 5 (Stupid Love is at 1.6 after 7 mos). Everyone's been talking about it and loving it. The Armenians are gagged. Armenian government gave her a shout out. At least three pop girls were boosting her on social.  I didn't even see this amount of react vids go up so fast for ROM. Analysis articles are everywhere from Vogue to NME. 

She has set off a cultural moment for surrealist art and cinema. Like, how many people know about Colour of Pomegranates now? (It's on Amazon Prime btw)

And the general consensus, from stans to critics, is that this is Gaga's masterpiece.

You're right. Good sis doesn't know what she's saying

EJe0cRIXUAAQB0s.jpg

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

not a french fry
1 hour ago, DiskoBaby said:

We been knowing she likes avant garde art. Bad Romance, Born This Way, Applause all say hi. This is not shocking that she came up with it.

Don’t forget million reasons:triggered:

social experiment gone wrong

Daylight Jokers
1 hour ago, malazam said:

It's not. She's not a KPop act to be able to achieve 100m views on the fiest day, she's an artist that's already twelve years into her career.

joannesrats
1 hour ago, Red said:

I honestly don't know why she stopped self-directing her videos, every time she just asks other people to bring her ideas to life. I mean, her past self-directed videos did have their flaws but she's learning, no one ever directed a masterpiece in their first try.

MTN video says hi 

SHALLOW
34 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Views??? Sad??? Flop???

I agree but it’s still weird that it’s been stuck at 16M for like three days. I just don’t get why. It has a lot of replay value, why don’t people keep watching it? I know i watched it like 20 times and probably still missed some details. Maybe it’s too complicated for the GP. They probably watch it and think “wtf was that” and never watch it again

elijahfan

Wow I didn't expect the reference to be coming from her. We know she loves art, but we also know she isn't necessarily as versed as she might make it seem... like, I can't help but remember how she kept naming Botticelli's Venus the "Venus de Milo" back in the days :awkney: So props to her for knowing her classics (tho pronouncing Parajanov could use some work apparently :awesome:).

organic salad
3 hours ago, Red said:

I honestly don't know why she stopped self-directing her videos, every time she just asks other people to bring her ideas to life. I mean, her past self-directed videos did have their flaws but she's learning, no one ever directed a masterpiece in their first try.

I do. MENTAL ILLNESS IS REAL. CHRONIC PAIN IS REAL.

There are things she can't do anymore. Some of her dreams may never come true. That's life!

e.g., I'm pretty sure she'd love to do BROADWAY, but 7 or 8 shows a week would be hard on her, if not impossible. Physical therapy can only do so much. 

Maybe she'll find a way. Maybe there'll be a cure. Maybe she'll direct a music video/play/film someday, just not right now. 

Gaga knows her limits. She has RADICALLY ACCEPTED her condition. Maybe her fans should, too. ;)  

As it is, she sings, she acts, she writes, she plays the piano... She's one of the most versatile artists of her generation. What does she have to do to be good enough for you??

Don't put her on a pedestal. Remember she's HUMAN, just like you and me. :heart:

HausOfMiklaus
7 hours ago, Red said:

but she's learning, no one ever directed a masterpiece in their first try.

I very much agree (and have a casual wish that one Chromatica video be directed by her) but I also think Marry The Night is a masterpiece, and one of her best videos. It’s certainly my favorite.

SchwineLove
7 hours ago, malazam said:

You have such a flop focus, flop timing, and flop perception of flop.

Archived