Dua Lipa's submissions for the Grammy's are revealed

Dirkje

Featured Posts

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby

“Don't Start Now”  ezgif-1-5a2cb2b5ba28.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Bradley
2 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Considering that Folklore is a pop album, yes. It may be in that category. 

Isn't it more befitting in Alternative or something?

Bradley
1 minute ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I didn’t see any NEGATIVE reception, per se, but I don’t remember it being RAVED about :shrug:

Well acclaim kinda means a consistent positive reception across critics, it doesn't mean the video or song has to be praised as the next Thriller and deserving of 10 VMAs or something.

But anyway, if it really bothers you that much, it doesn't make that much difference to me to say it received 'positive reviews'.

1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Taylor has no chance there especially because Fiona released the most critically acclaimed album in years. Alternative people are snobbish and would never vote for a pop girl. They’ll most probably submit her for pop.

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

The Grammys adore Gaga tho.

Not for general field. :selena:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Didn't they even submit a other category like Pop Solo or something? Even if she's unlikely to win, she should give it a try! 

Even Gaga submitted Gypsy and Dope for SOTY and ROTY:ladyhaha:

8 minutes ago, Bradley said:

The Grammys adore Gaga tho.

Also Chromatica is much more coherent, sonically and visually. It has deeper and more personal lyricism, with cohesive production and songwriting that is reminiscent of dance genre of the 90s, is divided into three cinematic Acts with clear distinction between the sonic directions of each Act, has iconic, huge collaborations with AG, BP and EJ, has already earned her 5 VMAs including a Tricon Award and has spawned three music videos acclaimed by critics, especially ROM and 911.

I really doubt FN exhibited qualities and achievements as impressive as these.

How is FN not coherent,sonically and visually? I agree with the deeper and more personal lyricism tho

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Not really. It’s just standard acoustic pop music. It’s not unique or boundary pushing. It’s definitely not folk, either 

Bradley
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

Taylor has no chance there especially because Fiona released the most critically acclaimed album in years. Alternative people are snobbish and would never vote for a pop girl. They’ll most probably submit her for pop.

There goes the last great Chromatican Grammy.

She had a marvelous time, ruining everything.

Just now, joannesrats said:

Not really. It’s just standard acoustic pop music. It’s not unique or boundary pushing. It’s definitely not folk, either 

I agree 

Archived