A little delulu knowing Ava Max will sweep those awards with H&H 

Heaven And Hell GIF by Ava Max

She's eligible for next year tho :trollga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

This is really frustrating. Nowadays in every GGD threads, we are having vigorous arguments; can we at least keep one thread civil? I might sound harsh, but WHY? :oprah:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

HausOfAntonio
54 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Well acclaim kinda means a consistent positive reception across critics, it doesn't mean the video or song has to be praised as the next Thriller and deserving of 10 VMAs or something.

But anyway, if it really bothers you that much, it doesn't make that much difference to me to say it received 'positive reviews'.

It doesn’t bother me :laughga: I’m sorry if it came across that way. I actually like the video lol

BeIIadonna
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Instead of describing in vivid terms why Future Nostalgia should win over Chromatica, you said 'big era' 'peak' and call it an argument. :rip:

Chromatica is the superior album, and Future Nostalgia isn't even that big, it didn't even hit #1 in the US, and you call it her peak, but failed to consider whether this peak is actually bigger than the peak of other artists, like Gaga, Billie, Taylor, etc.

I mean... not really. It's lyrically really good - it has some of her best lyrics, but the production is dated or boring for a lot of the tracks; Free Woman and 1000 Doves sounding like they came out of a 2015 royalty free intro pack, ROM's production is watered down and needs a bit more, Babylon's was good but really needed a longer length to be fleshed out better, etc etc. FN on the other hand doesn't have much lyrical depth (which, songs don't need to anyways imo, but that's a different topic) but the production is a lot better & more exciting.

As for success, that's not really fair to say imo, but I'm not going to say much because chart stuff isn't that interesting & shouldn't be that important anyways.

President Biden
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

As if Folklore and After Hours don’t exist :zilla:

Both Folklore & After Hours could be snubbed. I wouldn’t be shocked

I got drunk

MJHolland

Unless you're a grammy voter (which I don't think any of us are), it's not up to you to decide 

Stop the drama and start the music! We should listen to FN to celebrate.

I hope she gets these noms at least. No clue if she'll win but FN had the biggest impact on the gay community this year for sure (honestly even over Chromatica...). I still rather see Chromatica sweep the grammy's like she did the VMAs :)

Let's wait and see! 

TheArcher
27 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

It is but if you’re black you’re always checked in the rap and r&b categories.

Bruno Mars won all general categories in 2018 (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY) 

Childish Gambino won ROTY and SOTY in 2019. Lizzo won Best Pop Solo Performance in 2020.

DiskoBaby
3 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

Bruno Mars won all general categories in 2018 (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY) 

Childish Gambino won ROTY and SOTY in 2019. Lizzo won Best Pop Solo Performance in 2020.

Bruno Mars isn’t black :huntyga:

I’m extremely doubtful that either Dua or Gaga will win AOTY. The Grammys aren’t voted by stan Twitter people. It’s probably gonna go to The Weeknd or someone else. Maybe even Folklore. If Taylor gets nominated for pop vocal album then she’s getting that, since maybe they won’t want to give her a third AOTY.

Well Dua is a multigenre chanteuse who is loved by everyone I see her getting a nom

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

ArtpopAct2
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Stupid Love video was acclaimed? :selena:

Critics actually loved SL song and video, it’s mainly monsters that didn’t 

Thomas P

I’m rooting for so many people this years it’s crazy. 

I want: 

Fiona - AOTY and alternative categories 

Weeknd - SOTY and the r&b awards he submits to

Megan - ROTY/BNA and all rap categories 

Dua - Pop Solo

Taylor - Pop Vocal Album

Gaga - Pop Duo Group/Best Music Video

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

2 hours ago, Varys said:

Is there a remix catergorie by any chance :oprah:

Actually there is, a remix for I Rise by Madonna won last year :vegas:

ToxicHot

This is great! And honestly, quite reasonable submissions. If the album doesn't get a nomination, hopefully Don't Start Now does at the very least. It's a HUGE record. I definitely think she'll be nominated for SOTY and/or ROTY. But idk if she'll win, there's going to be some tough competition.

Although, I wish they would've also submitted songs for Best Dance Recording, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video...... (songs like Physical and Break My Heart could've also been nominated for non-televised categories).

I don't know why some of you are saying she won't be nominated. She won both her nominations last year, so.... Stay pressed? :ohwell:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived