🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
society

Men convicted of rape will be castrated in Nigeria under new law

Blue Lagoon

nigeria-castration.jpg?quality=80&strip=

Men convicted of rape in one Nigerian state will now face castration — while child rapists can be executed, under a strict new law that passed this week.

Male rapists in Kaduna state can be subject to surgical castration, while a woman convicted raping a child faces the removal of her fallopian tubes.

Men can also now be handed the death penalty for raping a person under age 14 — and a life sentence for the rape of an adult.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/men-convicted-of-rape-to-be-castrated-in-nigeria-in-new-law/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 11
  • Shook 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

PunkTheFunk

In theory this is great, but I'm concerned about those who will be wrongfully convicted under this law.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 15

DiskoBaby
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

In theory this is great, but I'm concerned about those who will be wrongfully convicted under this law.

Does Nigeria have due process?

Faysalaaa
16 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

I mean they do I guess, but its a corrupted country so..

Also, even with due process in America you can still make mistakes and falsely punish innocent people.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 4

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

No idea.

RenegAde
33 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Offcourse

Autumn

mutilation is never the answer to anything. simple. this is a regression, not a progression.

people can rape without being rapists. they can do it one time and then reform and do it never again. this is purely punishment over rehabilitation. 

open your mouth, say something warm I've spent a while, on the stranger's side of your door
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 7

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

mutilation is never the answer to anything. simple. this is a regression, not a progression.

people can rape without being rapists. they can do it one time and then reform and do it never again. this is purely punishment over rehabilitation. 

Raping someone just once makes you a rapist 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 20

Economy
57 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Even if they did the justice system is hardly infalable anywhere. I too would be worried about this

Although on the flip side it's good too see they are taking rape seriously and not taking it lightly

• Like 1

Autumn
6 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Raping someone just once makes you a rapist 😂

does killing one person make you a mass murderer? does cooking one meal make you a chef?

no. 

open your mouth, say something warm I've spent a while, on the stranger's side of your door
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 8
  • Sad 3

Cookie Tookie

No sympathy for murderers and rapists. I’m here for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

DiskoBaby
4 minutes ago, Autumn said:

does killing one person make you a mass murderer? does cooking one meal make you a chef?

no. 

Keyword mass murder. Mass murder means you murdered a lot of people. And yes killing someone will make you a murder if it’s not from self defense. And a chef is a title someone earns, cooking a meal does make you a cook. 

Edited by DiskoBaby
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

DiskoBaby

I can’t believe this person seriously believes raping someone just one time doesn’t make you a rapist. As if you need a line of victims to earn that title wtf is this s*it I’m reading

Edited by DiskoBaby
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

The Fame
13 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

I can’t believe this person seriously believes raping someone just one time doesn’t make you a rapist. As if you need a line of victims to earn that title wtf is this s*it I’m reading

Agree with you. Can't believe I just read someone comparing a harmful, violent attack against someone that could alter the course of their entire life with literally cooking a meal. Gross. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

PartySick
39 minutes ago, Autumn said:

Agreed with this except for the bolded statement :poot:

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1