💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Global 200

Lighter

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

LITERALLY what I said earlier, the fact that this chart doesn't even take into account some of the local streaming services IN THESE OTHER COUNTRIES is a huge issue. No one will care about these charts just like no one cares that RS tried to create a chart.:interestinga:

"official-only streams on both subscription and ad-supported tiers of leading digital platforms, and downloads from key online music retailers."

Where does it say that there is no local services? :oprah:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I'm interested to see how this will be handled in terms of weight of a #1 on this chart. As this global chart is from America, will only Americans truly respect its outcome? Will having a global #1 "count" in any capacity? Will we know say "My fave has 5 US #1's and 2 global #1's" or something? Will we start to separate chart achievements because of this? It sounds pretty complicated but it's a total win for music that has been underrated on the US stage for decades just because its not local and opens up its existence to American listeners.

MANiCURE1295
7 minutes ago, JustTea said:

"official-only streams on both subscription and ad-supported tiers of leading digital platforms, and downloads from key online music retailers."

Where does it say that there is no local services? :oprah:

I don't know I was going through the OP and saw the tweet that said

"The charts exclude domestic streaming platforms (for example QQ Music, AWA Music, Anghami), the main included: YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music."

So I mean if it only includes those 3 then it doesn't seem too comprehensive, there's a lot of countries that don't have Spotify :shrug:. I mean I guess I could be wrong but that's what it said in that OP lol. You would think a truly "global" chart would include the most local streaming services in some of those countries that they're trying to test popularity in...I don't know...weird.

7 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

"The charts exclude domestic streaming platforms (for example QQ Music, AWA Music, Anghami), the main included: YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music."

So I mean if it only includes those 3 then it doesn't seem too comprehensive, there's a lot of countries that don't have Spotify :shrug:. I mean I guess I could be wrong but that's what it said in that OP lol. You would think a truly "global" chart would include the most local streaming services in some of those countries that they're trying to test popularity in...I don't know...weird.

Hmmm... QQ Music has more users than Spotify :duck:

But yeah, idk how it works. I guess YouTube, Spotify and AM are considered as the main trio. :shrug:

MANiCURE1295
Just now, JustTea said:

But yeah, idk how it works. I guess YouTube, Spotify and AM are considered as the main trio. :shrug:

But that's the issue........so how are these charts TRULY showing what's globally successful if these aren't the main streaming platforms used in some of these countries? Like I said, I think it's a fine idea, I mean I don't think anyone will really CARE about the charts but that's fine. I do hope that it becomes a little more clear though cause right now it just seems like a chart randomly thrown together for Billboards sake lol

Flawless

Ofc people will care. It's an official Billboard chart and even if doesn't include some plataforms yet, it's the closer we get to a fair global chart. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Taylucifer

is ignoring local streaming services really getting the full scope?

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Gagaloo911

I was all about this until I read that they won't even be considering local streaming services and only the "main" ones when they aren't even uniformly dominant or used everywhere.

This will only lead to biased charts that aren't actually accurately reflecting the songs from individual countries except for those where Spotify, AM and YouTube are the dominant streaming services.

MANiCURE1295
2 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

I was all about this until I read that they won't even be considering local streaming services and only the "main" ones when they aren't even uniformly dominant or used everywhere.

This will only lead to biased charts that aren't actually accurately reflecting the songs from individual countries except for those where Spotify, AM and YouTube are the dominant streaming services.

6 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

THANK YOU finally people agreeing with me lol

fede ARTPOP
6 hours ago, Midnight Summer said:

A hip hop song sitting at the top of the global charts? Pretentious pop stans stay losing lol.

WAP. 🤢🤢🤢

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

littlepotter
11 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

:ladyhaha: Some (myself included) won't take it seriously because it doesn't even include some of the biggest local streaming services in these other countries....seems like they have a lot of work to do to make it seem legit cause right now it seems so randomly rushed and thrown together. I can see the majority of people not even caring about this chart and knowing it exists. Do you think people know about the RS chart and have changed their music listening because of differences between them and Billboard....cause no :huntyga:

11 hours ago, JustTea said:

But that's the issue........so how are these charts TRULY showing what's globally successful if these aren't the main streaming platforms used in some of these countries? Like I said, I think it's a fine idea, I mean I don't think anyone will really CARE about the charts but that's fine. I do hope that it becomes a little more clear though cause right now it just seems like a chart randomly thrown together for Billboards sake lol

5 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

5 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Did you guys really think it through before wanting local platforms included? It only makes sense that a GLOBAL chart only takes streams from GLOBAL platform, like spotify Youtube and apple music. If they take QQ Music for example, which as you said has more registered users than Spotify and is based in China, chinese hits could top the global chart even though no one outside of china may be listening to them because they dont have qq music.

Note that this is coming from someone whl uses a local platform (Anghami). And while its inclusion makes more sense since it tracks all the MENA region and not just one country, it's also not very reflective nor relevant. ROM has accumulated just 1.1M streams in 4 months. Global hit shallow has 7.9M. Even Dynamite by BTS who have many fans here has barely 500K streams. These won't make a dent on a weekly chart.

chaeri pls

Daylight Jokers
18 hours ago, Red said:

OH HONEY, Brazil is gonna make Lady Gaga have #1s for days in this chart

She won't be devastated anymore. :bradley:

Archived