💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony । Ray of Light । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Deserved top 5 

So did Little Star, but nobody will agree with me.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

10. Mer Girl - 7.88

Highest Score: 11 @Inferno @Towelney @Brad

Lowest Score: 0 @heygurlhi

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice skip

@whoresup Stunning and haunting. I really try and hone in on the lyrics with this one and listen to the story.

@HausOfAntonio I remember being really scared of this as a kind lol. I’ve grown to appreciate it though.

@Inferno probably in my top 10 of madonna all time, i love its minimalism. not much to say

@Lionel Ronaldo Not the best but still very good.

@monster Haunting.. so haunting..

@MingersPrayer This is sparse and eerie. A learning is being shared. Her Cathlocism is present here (as with all the tracks) and of course it reminds me of the scene from Truth or Dare at her mothers grave. I read Christopher Ciconnes book and he retells that story. This seems like a different Madonna. There are so many visuals on this that I relate to “Hid my tears, hid my fears” - story of my bloody life - “the earth took me in her arms” in my better moments of connection - “I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still” - the reason I find the theraputic process frustrating yet reassuring. Then finally, a bleak but honest confession “I ran, and I ran. I'm still running away”. It cuts deep. This isn’t an easy track but it’s one of the most necessary. Strange to think this is the last message we get from Madonna until we hear “Music” from “Music” in 2000 (unless you count Beautiful Stranger and American Pie). Another transformation is in process.

@DirrtyPony This track is such a unique experience. Truly paints a picture of her story perfectly. It feels like I'm lucid dreaming.

@Pennywise More spoken word than it is a song, BUT THE LYRICS ARE ****ING INSANE LIKE WHAT. THEY ARE SO GOOD. WHEN SHE SAID "MY MOTHER WHO HAUNTS ME, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S GONE" I FELT THAT. This song is giving me all the feels and while objectively I cannot give it an 11 as a song, I REALLY want to. Like, I truly get what she's saying in this, because I often feel the same. The exact same feeling.

@Lorde Von Kok MY WIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The storytelling, ...Taylor could never !!

@MessyTop A highlight in her discography. poetic and magnetic

@Brad My FAVORITE track on the album. The lyrics. The composition. It's perfect in my eyes.

@Blown Away This is a total borefest, I just woke up and now I feel like I need to go back to bed. The soft acapella ending is a nice touch though, the perfect way to end the album.

The fact that i could predict the bottom 5, anyways 

Anveeroy

8. Swim - 8.22

Highest Score: 11 @Cupid Boy

Lowest Score: 3 @Creyk

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Catchy and I love her vocals here

@whoresup Probably one of the ones I listen to less from the record but that doesn’t mean it’s not fantastic.

@BadGurlMadge Love this

@HausOfAntonio I love the trippy guitars. Very of its time.

@Lionel Ronaldo I really love the sound here.

@MingersPrayer Each time I get into the ocean, the opening notes of swim play in my head. I hear vibrating electric guitar reflecting the motion of the water around me. I think about the imagery of renewal, water cleansing the soul. Baptism & purification against an undertone of darkness & drowning. The vocals, recorded on the day her good friend Gianni died, reach through the speakers and carry the weight of a song Madonna from the past could not have carried. This feels like both a loss and a rebirth. It’s stark and rich at the same time. One of my all time favourites – possibly my favourite album track by Madonna.

@heygurlhi started cool but then meh

@Pennywise One of Madonna's best, I think. The lyrics are amazing, the production is amazing, vocals are great. The MEANING is also great. Ugh, her power.

@Lorde Von Kok We shall swam hoe.

@Ulisaax640 the message is clear, i love the waves in the beginning. very soft.

@El Greco Again, the beat of the song does it for me. Madonna's vocals are angelic.

@MessyTop Chill and cool. A nice intro

@Brad William Orbit does an amazing job on this album and I wish they'd team up again.

@Blown Away I love the chill production of this song and the vocals are great, but after a while the song gets a bit monotonous. I wouldn't mind listening to it again though.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Pennywise

This is turning to yet another thread of tastelessness :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Blown Away
Just now, Aarghya said:

8. Swim - 8.22

COMMENTS:

@whoresup Probably one of the ones I listen to less from the record but that doesn’t mean it’s not fantastic.

@BadGurlMadge Love this

@MingersPrayer Each time I get into the ocean, the opening notes of swim play in my head. I hear vibrating electric guitar reflecting the motion of the water around me. I think about the imagery of renewal, water cleansing the soul. Baptism & purification against an undertone of darkness & drowning. The vocals, recorded on the day her good friend Gianni died, reach through the speakers and carry the weight of a song Madonna from the past could not have carried. This feels like both a loss and a rebirth. It’s stark and rich at the same time. One of my all time favourites – possibly my favourite album track by Madonna.

@Pennywise One of Madonna's best, I think. The lyrics are amazing, the production is amazing, vocals are great. The MEANING is also great. Ugh, her power.

@El Greco Again, the beat of the song does it for me. Madonna's vocals are angelic.

@Brad William Orbit does an amazing job on this album and I wish they'd team up again.

@Blown Away I love the chill production of this song and the vocals are great, but after a while the song gets a bit monotonous. I wouldn't mind listening to it again though.

Miss @Aarghya and his bamboozling ways strike again

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Just now, Aarghya said:

8. Swim - 8.22

COMMENTS:

@BadGurlMadge Love this

res_da591adf21d19ace0404800ef2f44d27.jpg

:triggered:

1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

8. Swim - 8.22

COMMENTS:

@BadGurlMadge Love this

Almost all my faves have been eliminated already :cryga:

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

Lorde Von Kok

swim deserved better :rip: 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

MingersPrayer
4 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Me too. I expected a big donkey judging by the Twitter comments, only to see... that

Totally. I wouldn’t mind seeing a proper nude tbh 

MingersPrayer
Just now, Aarghya said:

Another fantastic track is coming

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

GGD is full of rats

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

I don’t think I understand this gif tbh

Anveeroy
Just now, MingersPrayer said:

I don’t think I understand this gif tbh

Neither do I