Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana’s fragrances have made over $500 million dollars since launch

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons
18 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

But why she would hate it? She did all the hard work, pefumes sell on their own. Its not like they have to promote it over and over again. They only promote new fragances and the perfume company do the rest. 

I have the same question,:enigma: it doesn’t make any sense, she didn’t have to put anymore effort on promoting it, just let it sell

maybe it was because she restructured Haus Labs, or she lost the rights for the bottle (but that’s just more suspicious, cause if a fragrance sells that good, you obviously renew the rights)

or maybe she didn’t want Fame to age badly as other celebrity perfumes cause after a few years they sell them for so cheap that it’s damaging for her image and the perfume that evoked a mysterious and expensive aura 

but those answers are still not satisfying for me :shrug:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giorno Giovanna
41 minutes ago, insight said:

I am a perfume addict for more than 10 years and cloud is another cheap gourmand in the ocean of sweet non descriptive perfumes. Her perfume company will launch whatever products that will sell in bulk, follow the trend and not offend anyone. They're just making money and nothing else.

I am a perfume addict for more than 10 years too, and you are basically agreeing to what I say anyway :huntyga:

BR540 is THE trend perfume, next to Aventus. Cloud is an affordable clone. It sells like hot cakes and makes them money. :ohwell:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

JLoveLamar
2 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

Those quantities are super weird, I guess they just count how much they make, not the percentage for Ariana 

as far as I know, the company making them is Elizabeth Arden same as Britney’s perfumes empire, and as a follower of the #FreeBritney movement, her brother said that it was a billion dollar deal just in the fragrances. So winning a percentage of this is already bigger than their other income 

Jennifer Lopez made COTY, same company that sold Fame, 2 billion and she only walked away with less than 5% of that. 

That being said, no way Fame grossed that much. It was out of stores in less than a year. Something continuously selling like that COTY would have given their left nut to her to keep her on.

JLoveLamar
1 hour ago, Giorno Giovanna said:

I am a perfume addict for more than 10 years too, and you are basically agreeing to what I say anyway :huntyga:

BR540 is THE trend perfume, next to Aventus. Cloud is an affordable clone. It sells like hot cakes and makes them money. :ohwell:

I'm a fragrance addict for 20+ years! Yay, my fragrance fanatics!

JLoveLamar
1 hour ago, Reject False Icons said:

or maybe she didn’t want Fame to age badly as other celebrity perfumes cause after a few years they sell them for so cheap that it’s damaging for her image and the perfume that evoked a mysterious and expensive aura 

Can't be that, because that ended up happening any way

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, joannesrats said:

Because Gaga hated selling it

Gaga had a three to five year deal with Coty which guaranteed her royalties. 

Coty probably bought her out of the contract because of poor sales. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

joannesrats
3 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

But why she would hate it? She did all the hard work, pefumes sell on their own. Its not like they have to promote it over and over again. They only promote new fragances and the perfume company do the rest. 

Do you not remember when she said she hated selling fragrances?

joannesrats
57 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Gaga had a three to five year deal with Coty which guaranteed her royalties. 

Coty probably bought her out of the contract because of poor sales. 

This could be it and it could also be that she bought out the contract - we know she hated doing it 

3 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

I have the same question,:enigma: it doesn’t make any sense, she didn’t have to put anymore effort on promoting it, just let it sell

maybe it was because she restructured Haus Labs, or she lost the rights for the bottle (but that’s just more suspicious, cause if a fragrance sells that good, you obviously renew the rights)

Maybe she was like "if I have to do it, imma do it right and my way"?

Its weird, for the FAME perfume she went all in, made a ton of promo, events, specific fashion, and aimed to make a unique product with supposedly unique features (black liquid), and even did that event where she "slept" in front of visitors.

And she hated doing it.

And now, for HL, everything seems lackluster, next to no innovation, small catalogue of products, palette shades that are as basic as you can get, the ads are nothing special.

And she loves it.

I know she is in control or most of the control of HL, but at least from our perspective, she is far from the same kind of involvement and creativity that she put into FAME.

vyniildisk
20 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

2 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Maybe she was like "if I have to do it, imma do it right and my way"?

Its weird, for the FAME perfume she went all in, made a ton of promo, events, specific fashion, and aimed to make a unique product with supposedly unique features (black liquid), and even did that event where she "slept" in front of visitors.

And she hated doing it.

And now, for HL, everything seems lackluster, next to no innovation, small catalogue of products, palette shades that are as basic as you can get, the ads are nothing special.

And she loves it.

I know she is in control or most of the control of HL, but at least from our perspective, she is far from the same kind of involvement and creativity that she put into FAME.

This. So weird because the ad for F A M E is one of the most iconic things i have witnessed ever. I love it! 

tylertremallose
6 hours ago, The Clown said:

Fame apparently sold 30M bottles for a revenue of $1.6B. I don't know how trustworthy these sources are, though.

https://www.idolator.com/7440253/lady-gaga-sells-30-million-bottles-of-fame-perfume?andro=1&chrome=1

https://www.spetteguless.it/2013/02/09/lady-gaga-boom-con-fame-nella-top10-dei-profumieri/

Can't find anything about Eau De Gaga, so I imagine the numbers aren't as impressive.

well the issue with EDG is it wasnt pushed at all. I didnt even know it was out until I saw a random article about it and it was in ross and marshalls almost 2 months after its release. 

tylertremallose
4 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

after about a year, it was in marshalls and ross for less than $25 lol now it pops up every now and then for less than $10..

JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

Why do people make up stories in their heads like this. She also sold Bad Romance toothbrushes at OfficeMax.  The fragrance just didn't sell well 

2 hours ago, joannesrats said:

In 2015 three years after The Fame Perfume flopped. If it were a cash cow she would have milked it. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Reject False Icons
7 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Why do people make up stories in their heads like this. She also sold Bad Romance toothbrushes at OfficeMax.  The fragrance just didn't sell well 

In 2015 three years after The Fame Perfume flopped. If it were a cash cow she would have milked it. 

Those were my guessings, and  I said I wasn’t completely satisfied with those options

also the fragrance sold massively

Maybe what you meant was that the sales dropped after a relatively short period in the industry standards 

FrederickSpears

The Fame perfume definitely flopped. There was so much left over that it was sent to cheaper stores for very cheap just to sell, etc. but personally I just didn't love the perfume either which is why I didn't buy it. I love Gaga tho (obvs)

Ariana's perfumes smell really good actually. Britney has my favorite perfume smells though. Curious is still amazing.

Archived