Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
37 minutes ago, brucee said:

there is a difference between what music and electronic music. 

Undoubtedly they are different to each other (electronic vs live recorded music) but that doesn't mean one is superior.

JazzGa
31 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I agree with that, and I think that's something Gaga would agree with too. Elton's just had a history of being blunt and straight to the point that sometimes he screws himself over by saying something so bluntly that it's just offensive. 

This is 100% off topic but your avatar loops so perfectly, it's enchanting me 😍

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

blankpaper

The hate toward electronic music is so dumb. A lot of those artists write/produce/mix/master everything on their own, play multiple instruments, do their own vocals, etc. One of my favorite edm artists literally builds their own instruments when they can’t find the exact sound they want. It’s always old people who don’t have a clue what goes into it that whine about electronic music just being kids pushing buttons on their computers 

reality’s tight if the music is right

JRCF29
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

There’s a boy called Conan Gray who has a song called Heather and he’s about 22, he’s from America and he’s the only person in the American Spotify Top 50 to actually write the song without anybody else,”

Yes, Elton is famous for writing his own music. Bernie Taupin is a weird Mandela Effect thing

Don't Call Me Gaga

brucee
18 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Undoubtedly they are different to each other (electronic vs live recorded music) but that doesn't mean one is superior.

omg i meant charts music and electronic music.... :'O

hello hello baby.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, brucee said:

omg i meant charts music and electronic music.... :'O

Oh.

But he is also talking about music made with computers and that is electronic music.

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

“A lot of them don’t get played on the radio because they’re too sophisticated and we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that.”

I agree. Music on the radio these days are TERRIBLE! So hard to find good new music, Ive given up a long time ago

Dear oh dear. Elton was never any great loss to the diplomatic corps, was he ?

If he doesn't like most of the music in the charts, that's perfectly valid. In fact, at any given time over the last 50 years the charts have probably been full of rubbish, and it's just the best that endures. It's all subjective anyway.

But dismissing music because it was generated by a computer or because there were several writers makes no sense in my opinion. Just listen to the music and you either like what you're hearing or you don't. Never mind where it came from.

2 hours ago, DaftFameMonster said:

"we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that." 

Its the future, learning and making music is now more accessible than ever to all kinds of people through new technologies, I think he's showing art police realness.  

No it's just terrible. I'm sorry but SOPHIE's production pots and pans style is terrible. I know a lot love it and she's successful but it's just so bad it gives me a headache. I'd rather listen to vintage music at this point until I die 

Dragging Kpop is very computer
Bots = computer
Fans = computer
Views = computer
Autotune = computer
Account & Twitter = computer
Everything is FAKE! since Lady Gaga should go back to joanne!
Thats All Folks Reaction GIF by Super Deluxe

2 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

He's always been a pretentious edge lord. 

Well maybe for a reason

Let's compare

Number 1 on the charts right now

Nothing wrong with it but which one is timeless with depth? 

Archived