Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Have Your Chromatica Thoughts Changed?

Enzo

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

911, Plastic Doll, Alice and Sour Candy all grown on me and are 9/10s for me.

Love Me Right is now top 3

Fun Tonight is now #5, but I still love it as much as I did first listen

I loved Enigma when I first heard it, but now, it feels empty to me, only the chorus though. Its enjoyable, but definitely my least favorite on the album.

Stupid Love is still THAT song

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

911 is STILL my favorite, I like Plastic Doll less now than I did on first listen :poot:

EuphoricVibez

I've gained more respect for Chromatica, and my top 5 songs have changed.

Old top 5: Stupid Love, Love Me Right, Alice, Babylon, 911

New top 5: Replay, Rain On Me, Sine From Above, Babylon, Free Woman

He/him/his

ARTGOD

I really didn’t like it on first listen. If y’all could see the face I had while listening to it :triggered:.

Now I like the album, it’s grown on me tremendously, though I still think it’s one of her weakest projects.

The things I liked and disliked about it remain the same, though the exact degree has changed.

On first listen I liked Alice, Sour Candy, Enigma and Babylon (and of course SL and ROM) and either didn’t care for or hated the rest.

Now those tracks have become some of my favorite Gaga  tracks, and the songs I didn’t like now I think are ok.

Right now there’s nothing on the album I truly dislike, I think it’s a pleasant listen and it definitely works as an album.

The elements I thought brought it down still remain though, like the subpar production, the short song lengths and the underwritten lyrics.

After the disappointment has worn off I have learned to like the album, but I don’t think I will ever love it like ARTPOP or BTW because I see too many things that could be improved.

- Replay, 911 and Alice are still my top 3. Although Replay is my number one favourite over 911, which was my initial favourite. 

- I've grown to like Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves but agree with most fans, they're two of the weaker tracks on a really strong album. 

- Enigma grew on me so inanely. I love it. 

- I still don't care for Plastic Doll, despite how much I try to like it. I just don't enjoy it. 

- Babylon may be a better album closer than Applause, which I didn't think was possible. 

- SFA doesn't hit like it used to. 

Reality

Things have somewhat changed for me:

— Replay has grown to be one of my favorite tracks (even though I still really liked it before)
— I loved Alice, then that changed to me thinking it was really overrated, and now I like it again :giveup: 
— Enigma did go down significantly (I still like the song, but in comparison to the rest of the album, I'd say it's one of the lower points)
— 911 grew on my after my initial listen
— Sometimes I get really into Sour Candy, and sometimes I don't listen to it at all. I guess it just depends on whatever I'm feeling that day.
— On my initial listen, I didn't really like FW, but now I enjoy it. I still think that the demo's better, but the final track isn't bad. It's more of a "put it in the background and do whatever you want" kind of song.
— SFA lost some of the sparkle and shine for me. I still think it's a masterpiece of a song, but compared to my first few listens, it just doesn't hit the same...IDK why...

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

God Control

I enjoyed the whole album at first with Alice and Babylon being the highlights but now I only listen to Alice and sometimes Babylon and 911.

Reality
1 hour ago, Majora said:

It’s amazing, but Born This Way is still better. But it’s her 2nd best album

BTW and Chromatica are like the Infinity War and Endgame of Gaga's discography :giveup: 

BTW, like Endgame, has higher highs and lower lows, while Chromatica, like Infinity War, is more consistent throughout (in my opinion). They're both great albums, and they're interchangable for me between what's my favorite and what's my second favorite. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Glamourpuss

I love the album as a whole more and more each time I listen to it. I went through a phase of shuffling most of the songs but I listened to it from start to end at the weekend and thought it was so perfectly put together and definitely so much better when you listen to it in this order. :flutter:

Monster7
11 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

BTW and Chromatica are like the Infinity War and Endgame of Gaga's discography :giveup: 

BTW, like Endgame, has higher highs and lower lows, while Chromatica, like Infinity War, is more consistent throughout (in my opinion). They're both great albums, and they're interchangable for me between what's my favorite and what's my second favorite. 

Never thought about that comparison but I actually agree. There's nothing in Chromatica that tops MTN, TEOG or Sheisse, but also nothing below Americano, BJAF or Highway Unicorn for me

Archived