Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Madonna on the Levitating remix

TwilightMonster

Featured Posts

vixdean

Club Future Nostalgia seems to be all about bringing a new identity and new take on the album, and not simply it about having pretty much the exact same songs with the guest artists singing a verse. This is exactly was she served with Levitating. Of course not everyone will like it, specially people that feel strongly about the original. But the goal with remix was brilliantly achieved.

If you actually listen to the song with attention it seems that it will be a continuous album, a la Confessions, like a DJ. The beginning and ending sound like they are connected to other tracks, and I'm totally here for it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
10 minutes ago, vixdean said:

What the hell does this even mean?

Her voice and Dua's blend harmoniously, and it flows just right. Her voice in the remix is reminiscent of CODF Madonna and fits beautifully.

This, I thought it was amazing. I'm not a massive fan of Future Nostalgia or Dua's music in general (not for a lack of trying), but that remix is great. Definitely looking forward to the whole album. It's such a great throwback to Confessions era Madonna. Sometimes I'm really wondering if I'm hearing the same thing as other people :triggered:

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, shoful said:

Madonna serves vocals in this... the only bad part is the remixer’s part. She did a mediocre job on this otherwise amazing song. Dua and Madonna sound great together!

Honestly think The Blessed Madonna did great, but Madonna Madonna sounds like she just wanted to remind us that she made COADF first lmao underwhelming vocal 

vixdean
2 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Let's not pretend that studio versions have raw vocals. Every artist have their vocals re-touched more or less in production. It's very normal nowadays. It's just very unnoticeable (usually). :haroon:

Of course everyone retouches vocals in albums, even Gaga. That's simply how it works. But this is Madonna vocals pre-2012, without vocoder and sound effects like in Madame X.

Implying it doesn't sound like her is can only come from a place where people are unfamiliar with her voice and work.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, vixdean said:

Club Future Nostalgia seems to be all about bringing a new identity and new take on the album, and not simply it about having pretty much the exact same songs with the guest artists singing a verse. This is exactly was she served with Levitating. Of course not everyone will like it, specially people that feel strongly about the original. But the goal with remix was brilliantly achieved.

These are the best kind of remixes, when it's actually a complete reworking of a song, and not just a new beat with a featuring artist's verse slapped on top. That's very promising.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, zebulonpyke said:

Honestly think The Blessed Madonna did great, but Madonna Madonna sounds like she just wanted to remind us that she made COADF first lmao underwhelming vocal 

Seems like many of you just want to hate on anything... Madonna has never been an outstanding vocalist. This is a disco bop, what did you expect? Mariah-level whistle notes? :triggered:

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, elijahfan said:

Seems like many of you just want to hate on anything... Madonna has never been an outstanding vocalist. This is a disco bop, what did you expect? Mariah-level whistle notes? :triggered:

Not true. Actually a pretty big Madonna fan. The vocal is dry and flavorless. Madonna’s vocals are at their best when they’re expressive and this is a very underwhelming vocal. It doesn’t have been broad in range to be dynamic in tone or expression.

vixdean

4 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

What does that mean? Madonna wanted to remind us she made COAF? 

She was invited to feature on a remix for Dua, she did her job, and did great at that. That kind of reading that you are making just shows you are coming from some kind of resentful place that just wants to hate it for the sake of it...

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

Not true. Actually a pretty big Madonna fan. The vocal is dry and flavorless. Madonna’s vocals are at their best when they’re expressive and this is a very underwhelming vocal. It doesn’t have been broad in range to be dynamic in tone or expression.

Well I'm not getting underwhelming :ohwell:

vixdean
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

These are the best kind of remixes, when it's actually a complete reworking of a song, and not just a new beat with a featuring artist's verse slapped on top. That's very promising.

Exactly... I completely agree. If I wanted to hear the same song just with a featured artist, I would just go and listen to the original.

This is a complete rework, which makes it much more artistically interesting.

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, vixdean said:

What does that mean? Madonna wanted to remind us she made COAF? 

She was invited to feature on a remix for Dua, she did her job, and did great at that. That kind of reading that you are making just shows you are coming from some kind of resentful place that just wants to hate it for the sake of it...

It just feels like a pander-y choice that’s meant to claim cultural territory. That’s what that means. And no, I’m actually a Madonna fan. I just don’t think her being on this song contributes anything to the song and don’t find her performance compelling.

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

Well I'm not getting underwhelming :ohwell:

And I am allowed to express my opinion lmao that’s terrific that you enjoy it.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, zebulonpyke said:

It just feels like a pander-y choice that’s meant to claim cultural territory. That’s what that means. And no, I’m actually a Madonna fan. I just don’t think her being on this song contributes anything to the song and don’t find her performance compelling.

Dua literally worked with Confessions' producer Stuart Price on FN - if anything, this is Dua giving credit where credit is due. I'm pretty sure Madonna didn't ask for anything, so I don't know what you're on about.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

And I am allowed to express my opinion

Guess what: we all are :huntyga:

Archived