Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Reddit: "Gaga does not owe us anything" (must-read)

Gagadonna

Featured Posts

Borislshere

Is it really a must read when we have this same conversation almost every other day? 
like I couldn’t care less what she does, that’s her album. She can do what she wants with it. I think we have to remember, no matter how disappointing it may be, that we don’t have to stay 🤷‍♂️ She’s not making us remain loyal to her and we’re free to “stan” anyone . 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

I get it. As fans, you want to protect Gaga to the fullest extent. Saying "she doesn't owe anyone content/promotion/anything" might be all nice and things. But how long are you really going to on and pretend that Gaga is perfect and that no one should have criticism? 

Because, while I agree with you that she is free to do what she wants, at the end of the day her job is to be an entertainer. Fans, as well as ordinary people who have an interest in Gaga, pay Gaga to entertain them. You buy an album for Gaga to entertain you through her music, you buy merch to support her because she entertains you, you buy concert tickets because you want to be entertained live etc etc. 

When the world is down and in silence, that is the time when artists should be doing things to make sure people still have a release of some kind during this world of chaos. Artists/entertainers should not be silent during this time, and Gaga has. And the thing with this period is that music alone isn't enough to satisfy people. You can't release an album and expect that to just satisfy people. Chromatica is coming up for 3 months old... but it feels so much longer than that because of the current situation and the fact Gaga has been so silent on the project. 

Fans have every right to complain or be critical of Gaga. She isn't doing her job, and I think we expected a lot more from Gaga. Especially when several other artists have no issues with giving their fans content to enjoy over this period. Had there been several live performances from home, some more interviews, Gaga Radio a lot earlier than now, and new singles with music videos, I don't think fans would be complaining. 

In the Chromatica era, we have a 6 month old lead single and video + a few interviews. Then nothing because of the One World concert. Era restarted in May. We have a 3 month old second single and video, and a 3 month old album. Sour Candy was used as a promo single and got a lyric video. And its only now, almost 3 months after Chromatica's release, we are starting to get more promo and Gaga Radio. While the content has been amazing, its not a lot of content at all. There should have been more, and it should have been sooner. 

Stop pretending that Gaga shouldn't get criticism or that the blame is on fans. Gaga hasn't done her job, and fans have a right to complain and be annoyed at her.

End Racism Now

Pennywise
2 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

How could you-

I guess you didn't choose this profile picture for no reason :ohwell:

ezgif-7-3140d453a8a5.thumb.gif.79d9b61f3 

I love to criticize her to some extent :poot:

not that I could ever hate her for anything :flop:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

SlaeUrAnus

Do I think she owes us anything? No.

Am I annoyed we haven't gotten that much? Kinda.

But am I going to whine? No, because I'm 25 and not about that life anymore - moaning about a singer who is not releasing promo or any content is not my gig anymore.

Just accept it that she is not going to be that active in promotion as she was a decade ago :spin:

In my messy era.

TimisaMonster

Posted every day on this site...nothing new...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Obobo

It also means that we don’t owe her anything too. she doesn’t know us and we really don’t know her. i’m tired of these celebrities and influencers trying to manipulate us.

sure she can halt promo all she wants but why does she have to post these lifeless paid posts for trudeau watch, clown labs or granny valentino scent? 

it really feels like she’s doesn’t care about her fanbase anymore. it’s like she sees us as wallets.

my attention has been moving on - there’s countless artists that have released multiple albums, music videos, live-streams, almost daily social posts, tiktoks, etc that i’ll spend my time on. not some hour long mix with a 10 minute phone call  sprinkled in, that tries to guilt trip her fans.

ill support her & i’ll feel sorry for her but i won’t feel guilty because she can’t keep up with the industry she signed up for. 

C1trus
2 hours ago, sickandtired said:

there's really no point in having these conversations with some of these people, it always goes one of these two ways:

1 - they play the victims, say you're trying to silence them despite the fact that you repeated x1000000 you have no issue with constructive criticism it's hate that you can't stand (they can't make the distinstion between the two)

or

2 - they start name calling, or try to be shady... like anyone with no argument does

those are the types of responses you are getting from them on this thread!!!

Yeah. I'm impressed with their talent of twisting everything into their favor. 

Remember the comments when Gaga announced the delay of Chromatica release?:interestinga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

HeavyMetalLover
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

I get it. As fans, you want to protect Gaga to the fullest extent. Saying "she doesn't owe anyone content/promotion/anything" might be all nice and things. But how long are you really going to on and pretend that Gaga is perfect and that no one should have criticism

Oh is that what people are saying? :confused: I thought it was more of “stop treating her and every decision she makes like she’s a complete failure of a person. Hmm, interesting. Let’s keep reading.

Because, while I agree with you that she is free to do what she wants, at the end of the day her job is to be an entertainer. Fans, as well as ordinary people who have an interest in Gaga, pay Gaga to entertain them. You buy an album for Gaga to entertain you through her music, you buy merch to support her because she entertains you, you buy concert tickets because you want to be entertained live etc etc.

Ok work. Define the definition of entertaintment to me hunty.

Ok so, you have paid for an album. That’s it. That’s what you’ve got. If you buy merch, fabulous. Be about that merch life. Those are personal investments one ghey chooses to make. Anything else is extra. And unless you are buying said concert ticket, she’s not personally entertaining you/doing her job for you. Period.

When the world is down and in silence, that is the time when artists should be doing things to make sure people still have a release of some kind during this world of chaos. Artists/entertainers should not be silent during this time, and Gaga has. And the thing with this period is that music alone isn't enough to satisfy people. You can't release an album and expect that to just satisfy people. Chromatica is coming up for 3 months old... but it feels so much longer than that because of the current situation and the fact Gaga has been so silent on the project. 

Okay so go off telling artists how to be artists. Let me ask, do you have a background/training/career/hobby in the arts? My guess is no, because you may not be stating such weighty demands as the Artists’ Manifesto In Times of COVID. If so, then I don’t really understand who you are to be stating this as fact. And that artists are failures if their creative process (this is important, trust me,) doesn’t align with your personal schedule.

Also, Gaga is not a failure after putting out an album she worked on for years, plus two singles and music videos. And you’re devastated because she hasn’t done more?

Hey, remember when she raised $95 million for COVID relief? Pretty awesome, no? Pretty the opposite of disappointing. Give me a break.

Fans have every right to complain or be critical of Gaga. She isn't her job, and I think we expected a lot more from Gaga. Especially when several other artists have no issues with giving their fans content to enjoy over this period. Had there been several live performances from home, some more interviews, Gaga Radio a lot earlier than now, and new singles with music videos, I don't think fans would be complaining.

Wait, I thought she was her job though? Didn’t we pay for an album, and isn’t she supposed to entertain us? Now I’m confused. So she’s an entertainer, but she’s not her job?? Or is she an entertainer, but not doing her job, but also isn’t her job?:blink:

Ah yes, the old “we expected X, and artist A is doing X, why can’t Gaga be more like her? :grr:“ I’m not really sure what to say except this isn’t fair. Not all artists operate in the same way and that’s pretty basic knowledge. Your expectations are not someone else’s burden. :coffee:

In the Chromatica era, we have a 6 month old lead single and video + a few interviews. Then nothing because of the One World concert. Era restarted in May. We have a 3 month old second single and video, and a 3 month old album. Sour Candy was used as a promo single and got a lyric video. And its only now, almost 3 months after Chromatica's release, we are starting to get more promo and Gaga Radio. While the content has been amazing, its not a lot of content at all. There should have been more, and it should have been sooner. 

Stop pretending that Gaga shouldn't get criticism or that the blame is on fans. Gaga hasn't done her job, and fans have a right to complain and be annoyed at her.

Ok but why do I not feel like this is genuine praise? I thought you were so disappointed. I guess you can think Gaga is failing at her job, but still be gagged at the seemingly meager scraps she’s throwing you. Ok.

Should have? That’s subjective. And what timeline are we going off of? Your personal one, based on...things? Or the one Gaga and her team most definitely have had to retool and maybe completely overhaul given the state of the world? I think I know which one I have more confidence in.

And again, no one is arguing that Gaga shouldn’t be criticized. It’s more that people are objectively terrible at criticism and turn it into bashing, or in this case, opinions stated as facts, with little respect or faith in the woman.

People have a right to feel what they feel. How they choose to express that is their choice, and the response from that should come as no surprise.

I hope I was able to respond to all of your points. Gaga doesn’t owe us anything.

i don't remember ARTPOP

blankpaper
6 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Your expectations are not someone else’s burden.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

reality’s tight if the music is right

River

Maybe just maybe stop dictating how people feels? 

@Gagadonna what do u want?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

nodandsmile
13 minutes ago, C1trus said:

Yeah. I'm impressed with their talent of twisting everything into their favor. 

Remember the comments when Gaga announced the delay of Chromatica release?:interestinga:

they think we stupid lmfao

oh how can I forget?

"She's money hungry"

*Gaga announces her project a few days later*

"omg we don't deserve her... I am so sorry  :giveup:"

1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

wipe your nose 

Careful luv I got a warm pancake for saying this a while back. :billie:

24 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I get it. As fans, you want to protect Gaga to the fullest extent. Saying "she doesn't owe anyone content/promotion/anything" might be all nice and things. But how long are you really going to on and pretend that Gaga is perfect and that no one should have criticism

Oh is that what people are saying? :confused: I thought it was more of “stop treating her and every decision she makes like she’s a complete failure of a person. Hmm, interesting. Let’s keep reading.

Ok work. Define the definition of entertaintment to me hunty.

Ok so, you have paid for an album. That’s it. That’s what you’ve got. If you buy merch, fabulous. Be about that merch life. Those are personal investments one ghey chooses to make. Anything else is extra. And unless you are buying said concert ticket, she’s not personally entertaining you/doing her job for you. Period.

Okay so go off telling artists how to be artists. Let me ask, do you have a background/training/career/hobby in the arts? My guess is no, because you may not be stating such weighty demands as the Artists’ Manifesto In Times of COVID. If so, then I don’t really understand who you are to be stating this as fact. And that artists are failures if their creative process (this is important, trust me,) doesn’t align with your personal schedule.

Also, Gaga is not a failure after putting out an album she worked on for years, plus two singles and music videos. And you’re devastated because she hasn’t done more?

Hey, remember when she raised $95 million for COVID relief? Pretty awesome, no? Pretty the opposite of disappointing. Give me a break.

Fans have every right to complain or be critical of Gaga. She isn't her job, and I think we expected a lot more from Gaga. Especially when several other artists have no issues with giving their fans content to enjoy over this period. Had there been several live performances from home, some more interviews, Gaga Radio a lot earlier than now, and new singles with music videos, I don't think fans would be complaining.

Wait, I thought she was her job though? Didn’t we pay for an album, and isn’t she supposed to entertain us? Now I’m confused. So she’s an entertainer, but she’s not her job?? Or is she an entertainer, but not doing her job, but also isn’t her job?:blink:

Ah yes, the old “we expected X, and artist A is doing X, why can’t Gaga be more like her? :grr:“ I’m not really sure what to say except this isn’t fair. Not all artists operate in the same way and that’s pretty basic knowledge. Your expectations are not someone else’s burden. :coffee:

Ok but why do I not feel like this is genuine praise? I thought you were so disappointed. I guess you can think Gaga is failing at her job, but still be gagged at the seemingly meager scraps she’s throwing you. Ok.

Should have? That’s subjective. And what timeline are we going off of? Your personal one, based on...things? Or the one Gaga and her team most definitely have had to retool and maybe completely overhaul given the state of the world? I think I know which one I have more confidence in.

And again, no one is arguing that Gaga shouldn’t be criticized. It’s more that people are objectively terrible at criticism and turn it into bashing, or in this case, opinions stated as facts, with little respect or faith in the woman.

People have a right to feel what they feel. How they choose to express that is their choice, and the response from that should come as no surprise.

I hope I was able to respond to all of your points. Gaga doesn’t owe us anything.

music video mic drop GIF by Lady Gaga

mic drop GIF

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Archived