music news

American Eurovision in 2021

Monsterish

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

Wait, so it is going to be states competing? It would have been cool to see the countries of the Americas. 

calmar

People hating and bashing the idea of our own song contest make me sad. :noparty: I saw the thread title and as a Eurovision fan from the states I got super excited and now I feel conflicted and disappointed at all the mud slung our way. We're not even in Eurovision, it's our own show with the spirit of the contest.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

TheSlash

Now they wanna ruin the only televised event where I can forget for some hours what kind of sh!tshow life can be? :neyde: 

Also, it's called EUROvision for a reason. Maybe call it YeeHawVision :neyde: 

Ew, David!

yes and
38 minutes ago, lost in limbo said:

Eurovision has been around for decades, and it has become legendary on it's own. the US is not special enough to make any sort of difference by not being there, and the show itself is much better without any sort of American influence lol

you are right, but I meant everything that happened with the show recently. It's all about politics now and never music. The main purpose of Eurovision is unity. The contestants had to present their culture with a performance, but now almost everyone sings in English emulating Beyonce's concerts lmao 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

lost in limbo
1 minute ago, Sour Candy said:

you are right, but I meant everything that happened with the show recently. It's all about politics now and never music. The main purpose of Eurovision is unity. The contestants had to present their culture with a performance, but now almost everyone sings in English emulating Beyonce's concerts lmao 

I think it's a very unfair generalization, there's plenty of entries that are nowhere near the type of enter preferred by the US. I do agree the lack of non-English songs in modern entries is a bit of an issue but I think that's an exaggeration. and the politics thing is....not very true, considering it's one of the few times in the year Europe isn't focused on politics :laughga: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Morphine Prince

Eurovision is meh but I’m interested in the concept of 50 states competing against each other! 

NCgaga

Y’all are really mad at the USA doing a Eurovisionish contest, WHEN EUROPE HAS LITERALLY “adopted” Pretty much every reality show concept from the USA for the past two decades? 

Gagaloo911

The show none of us asked for, including Americans.

TheSlash
1 hour ago, lost in limbo said:

and the politics thing is....not very true, considering it's one of the few times in the year Europe isn't focused on politics :laughga: 

mila kunis lol GIF

Have you ever looked carefully where certain countries get their 12 points from? It's politics through and through :ladyhaha:

Ew, David!

1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

Y’all are really mad at the USA doing a Eurovisionish contest, WHEN EUROPE HAS LITERALLY “adopted” Pretty much every reality show concept from the USA for the past two decades? 

What tho? Big Brother ia European, American Idol comes from Uk’s Pop Idol, Dancing With the Stars comes from Uk’s Strictly Come Dancing and the list goes on.

Archived