Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

‘Black Is King’ watched by 4% of Disney+ users

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Midnight Summer said:

Um, y'all sure about that? Because Black is King is currently at #1 in the United States. Whoops:billie:

Source: https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-trending-on-disney-black-is-king/

1. Black Is King (NEW)

2. The Simpsons (1)

3. Moana (5)

4. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (3)

5. Frozen 2 (4)

6. Incredibles 2 (NEW)

7. Hamilton (2)

8. Muppets Now (NEW)

9. Jessie (6)

10. Frozen (7)

11. Toy Story 4 (8)

12. Phineas & Ferb (10)

13. Onward (12)

14. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (9)

15. Puppy Dog Pals (18)

16. Zootopia (11)

17. Avengers: Endgame (14)

18. Star Wars: The Mandalorian (17)

19. Coco (22)

20. The Lion King (2019) (Re-Entry)

21. Tangled (16)

22. Toy Story (15)

23. Cars (20)

24. Lilo & Stitch (18)

25. The Incredibles (NEW)

That chart is based off of the Trending section on the Disney+ app - they set this manually for maximum visibility of certain projects, including Black Is King :billie:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
6 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

That chart is based off of the Trending section on the Disney+ app - they set this manually for maximum visibility of certain projects, including Black Is King :billie:

:billie:  

3 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Child... black is king isn’t for you. 😂

That’s basically exactly what I said, so thank you for the reiteration. 

Did they even advertise this? I didn't even know it was out. There was no hype or noise whatsoever. 

Gimme More

Imagine saying people are racist for not liking it :air: Beyonce stans, I can't.

I personally didn't watch it and do not care to.

Also people need to realise some of the people who don't like it are POC - so let's not jump on the 'if you don't like Beyonce, you're racist' train :saladga:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Goldfish

Beyoncé reaaaaally isn’t as popular as a lot of people think she is, I’ve noticed this for quite some time now. 
she is fast becoming very niche and the general public just isn’t interested anymore 

I invented post-its

Borislshere

Black is King is one of the most beautiful films i've ever seen. Truly a celebration of African Culture while retelling the Lion King. The visuals are top notch. I've rewatched it so many times already and still can't get enough. Film deserves all the praise it's getting + more. 

Borislshere
4 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Wait a second. I’m a person of color. I said it was great effort but the music was meh. We can still critique the music regardless of the sucesss. Don’t make this about race 

"All Skinfolk ain't kinfolk"

Queen of Pop

What do they expect from a movie called Black Is King?

It literally appeals to black people and no one else

zakariah
33 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

Beyoncé reaaaaally isn’t as popular as a lot of people think she is, I’ve noticed this for quite some time now. 
she is fast becoming very niche and the general public just isn’t interested anymore 

I couldn't agree more dude, like there's no question whatsoever that Beyonce IS ICONIC, but iconicism and worldwide relevancy are 2 different things.

Like Madonna is iconic but let's be real here, she's no longer relevant in today's pop culture.

Apart from the black & gay communities and other communities mainly in America, on international terms, I can't say that people care that much about what she's doing right now, because it wasn't 'made for them' as it doesn't have worldwide appeal.

Borislshere
15 minutes ago, Queen of Pop said:

What do they expect from a movie called Black Is King?

It literally appeals to black people and no one else

I'm pretty sure they knew that when going into this? A lot of non-black people wouldn't watch because of the title not realizing it's literally a retelling the lion king :billie: Their loss anyway. 

Queen of Pop
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I'm pretty sure they knew that when going into this? A lot of non-black people wouldn't watch because of the title not realizing it's literally a retelling the lion king :billie: Their loss anyway. 

We don't need Beyonce to ruin yet another retelling of The Lion King

Borislshere
6 minutes ago, Queen of Pop said:

We don't need Beyonce to ruin yet another retelling of The Lion King

It's not ruining it tho? It's a tribute to Africa and the lion King. Which is exactly what the Broadway version of The Lion King is and that hasn't ruined anything considering it's super successful. 

Archived