𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
Sign in to follow this  
society

New York is kicking COVID-19’s ass

Chic

“ALBANY — New York’s coronavirus infection rate fell below 1% Wednesday as the state continues to stave off a second wave of the deadly respiratory illness.

Gov. Cuomo said only 636, or 0.87%, of the more than 70,000 test results that came back Tuesday were positive as hospitalizations fell by four patients to 564 people statewide.

“Our progress is thanks to the hard work of New Yorkers - even after two and a half months of reopening, the numbers have continued to go down,” the governor said in a statement.

As other states see surging COVID-19 numbers, New York has reported steady declines since the state became the epicenter of the outbreak in the U.S. back in April.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-cuomo-new-york-numbers-daily-testing-20200805-v2x3ed2g5zcljktsijowse3jh4-story.html?outputType=amp

 

 

Imagine going from the epicenter of the illness (as expected given the population density of Manhattan) to showing coronavirus who’s boss and becoming a shining example of how to treat the pandemic in the states!

I stay indoors 99% of my daily life and wear my mask + socially distance during the 1% of time I go out. Most people here do the same and because of that, the state at large is doing wonderful!

Edited by Chic
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 13
  • Love 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick

And here I sit in Florida with the news that our state just hit its 500,000th case today

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 5
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chic
Just now, PartySick said:

And here I sit in Florida with the news that our state just hit its 500,000th case today

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

I don’t know...well, much of anything about Florida’s leadership but it seems like your governor hasn’t taken coronavirus all that seriously :/

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
3 minutes ago, Chic said:

I don’t know...well, much of anything about Florida’s leadership but it seems like your governor hasn’t taken coronavirus all that seriously :/

Well...this is him at a covid related conference :huntyga:

desantis-glove.jp

Ron-DeSantis-touches-face-e1586373201468

5e8ed67825000082086b775c.png?cache=rixer

evgwadbuuaa2cvn.jpe

✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 20
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikonik

Omg congrats to NY people :firega: I love how other parts in the world are really doing amazing against Covid :flutter:

My country isn't doing it, people don't care about this, don't wear a mask and in some parts they do parties, go to the beaches, and looks like there is not a pandemic happening, it makes me so angry bc thanks to these stupid people (Some call them "Covidiotas/Covidiots"), others are suffering in the hospital and losing family. This is the 3rd world sadly :saladga:

Sanity autorities said this Covid wave will last until March-April here, so :toofunny:

Pray_For_Me.mp3

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bt1

NY has 167 deaths per 100,000 people. Florida has 36, according to New York Times. 

And yet "New York is kicking covid ass", while Florida is the apocalypse zone on Gagadaily.  :selena:

 

Edited by Florin
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabeoz
1 hour ago, Chic said:

I don’t know...well, much of anything about Florida’s leadership but it seems like your governor hasn’t taken coronavirus all that seriously :/

I mean, Gov Desantis is the same one who decided to attack the media during an interview because of how skeptical people were of his lackluster COVID response, and just a few weeks later Florida cases started to climb.

  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JK Rowling

New York will soon be a Free Woman.
Stream Free Woman. 

Edited by JK Rowling
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
10 minutes ago, Florin said:

NY has 167 deaths per 100,000 people. Florida has 36, according to New York Times. 

And yet "New York is kicking covid ass", while Florida is the apocalypse zone on Gagadaily.  :selena:

 

It is :cryga: or at least it feels like it.

NY has 473k cases on the books with 32k of them resulting in deaths. They've steadily been declining in cases since May.

Florida has 503k cases on record. Only 7,300 deaths though so your point still stands, it's just more honest and clear to make it this way imo. We were better prepared to treat people, I guess.

However, NY reported 636 new cases today, FL reported 5,409 :selena: NY's highest peak was like 11k in one day I believe so...how long until FL hits that :poot: with schools opening up, no special guidelines in place, and us seemingly in the middle of our peak :poot:

The worst thing is Florida and other states hitting their peaks now didn't learn a thing from the states that've already been through it as far as prevention.

✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bt1
26 minutes ago, PartySick said:

It is :cryga: or at least it feels like it.

NY has 473k cases on the books with 32k of them resulting in deaths. They've steadily been declining in cases since May.

Florida has 503k cases on record. Only 7,300 deaths though so your point still stands, it's just more honest and clear to make it this way imo. We were better prepared to treat people, I guess.

However, NY reported 636 new cases today, FL reported 5,409 :selena: NY's highest peak was like 11k in one day I believe so...how long until FL hits that :poot: with schools opening up, no special guidelines in place, and us seemingly in the middle of our peak :poot:

The worst thing is Florida and other states hitting their peaks now didn't learn a thing from the states that've already been through it as far as prevention.

So the "success" of New York is that it had its first wave 2 / 3 months before Florida? 

In 2/ 3 months Florida will have the number that New York has now. If the death rate will remain so much smaller than NY, then they did better than NY. I guess we have to wait and see. Until then, NY is no 2 in US by the number of deaths per capita. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
danbekim

we currently have 534 people infected here. it doesn't seem like a lot of people, but it doesn't do down. it only goes up :fatcat:

  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knife

We love to see it. Now we need the entire f’ing country to follow our example.

If NYC can turn it around, there’s no excuse for these random rural states. :yennefer:

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SineFromHell
29 minutes ago, Florin said:

So the "success" of New York is that it had its first wave 2 / 3 months before Florida? 

In 2/ 3 months Florida will have the number that New York has now. If the death rate will remain so much smaller than NY, then they did better than NY. I guess we have to wait and see. Until then, NY is no 2 in US by the number of deaths per capita. 

You cannot compare NY/NJ deaths. We were hit first at an overwhelming high pace. NYC area is very densely populated. Hospitals were over capacity and people were dying just waiting for beds especially in the queens/brooklyn boroughs. I would only hope FL has less deaths I mean they had 3 months to “prepare“ for this. 

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
20 minutes ago, SineFromHell said:

I would only hope FL has less deaths I mean they had 3 months to “prepare“ for this. 

Yeah, this is the worst part. We sat here and watched all they went through but still managed to get more cases than them months later :rip:

The only reason the deaths are lower is because we understand the virus better than we did before. It doesn't change the fact that more infections means more people who need treatment. Multiple counties are reporting that they're at capacity, they'll eventually be overwhelmed and we'll see our death toll sky rocket.

✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LGMonster95

And this is what happens when everyone is adapting and respects the rules

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...