đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively apologize for wedding in a slave plantation

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Regina George said:

Nice of them but this kinda feels random and like they are just trying to join the movement in a totally random way. Idk. Feels like another white celebrity doing the most. 

That part!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH!  These celebraties need to stop apologizing for dumb things.   Have a back bone and stop bowing down to the crazy mob.

TRUMP 2020

NCgaga

Oh lord y’all are never happy. It doesn’t matter what people do, the “woke” people on this sight find a problem with it. 

myluis617
21 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

It kinda feels like them trying to save their asses before stan twitter cancels them. 

Well I mean they habe too, cancel culture is so blind and toxic now days they cancel anybody for any old reason even for not knowing certain information like the land you had your wedding in was a former slave plantation. 

Daylight Jokers
4 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Well I mean they habe too, cancel culture is so blind and toxic now days they cancel anybody for any old reason even for not knowing certain information like the land you had your wedding in was a former slave plantation. 

True. I agree.

Kapi09

Why people have problem with that? :triggered:
It is just a place for wedding, they didn't know about history of this place. Even if they knew, it is not official slavery museum or something like this, right? They shouldnt apologize.

My name isn't Alice

ThisGuyTony

I have mixed feelings on this.

Why would a known slave plantation be transformed into a wedding venue? I understand it won’t be torn down but why not leave that building alone or empty?

On the other hand, why does everything have to be twisted as racism? Why are people so obsessed with “cancelling” others for non important issues? The indigenous people who lived in America were brutally killed and mistreated to make way for colonies. Where is everyone’s apology for living on land where  many tribes were killed and mistreated? 

gagaisitalian

This just seems weird to me. I don't know. Like, it's a wedding venue. There are no slaves on it now. There haven't been slaves on it in decades. I doubt the owners of the land/venue have anything to do with what happened during slavery (I could be wrong).

We can tear down statues (I support this). We can replace old, WASP-y government leaders (I support this). But for a plot of land used for weddings and other events? Do they want them to burn all of the land and never use it again?

Ziggy
21 hours ago, Bat said:

Seriously people get cancelled over this nowadays? Jeez, u can’t do anything anymore then

Wanna go to the Colesseum? Nope can’t

Wanna do something cool at the Akropolis? bye

Better not watch the Fifa world cup in Qatar than, stadium built on slavery too, but guess that won't count once everyone is cheering for their nation.

Oh and also toss your iPhone in the trash can while ur at it and burn ur Ivy Park clothing.

Ok the phone one is complicated, though. Every phone is built on slave labor and they have become a necessary commodity.

As for the apology, it wasn't an apology for White people to accept so...if Black folx asked for it (which they have), I don't see the problem here. And fwiw yeah we *should* care about the FIFA world cup lmao. It sounds to me more like you're downplaying the specific racial components of racism against Black folx in the US. The Colosseum and Akropolis are not remotely comparable.

Ziggy
26 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Why would a known slave plantation be transformed into a wedding venue? I understand it won’t be torn down but why not leave that building alone or empty?

On the other hand, why does everything have to be twisted as racism? Why are people so obsessed with “cancelling” others for non important issues? The indigenous people who lived in America were brutally killed and mistreated to make way for colonies. Where is everyone’s apology for living on land where  many tribes were killed and mistreated? 

Well, it should be there but it's a bit different. You don't *have* to be married on a plantation, you have no choice if you were born and raised in the US or not.

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Ok the phone one is complicated, though. Every phone is built on slave labor and they have become a necessary commodity.

As for the apology, it wasn't an apology for White people to accept so...if Black folx asked for it (which they have), I don't see the problem here. And fwiw yeah we *should* care about the FIFA world cup lmao. It sounds to me more like you're downplaying the specific racial components of racism against Black folx in the US. The Colosseum and Akropolis are not remotely comparable.

Im not downplaying slave history of the US but it's interesting to see the double standard and people trying to act like a saint and preach how ''good/woke'' they are yet for example can't do without an iPhone or fastfashion clothes and don't give a f.ck about slave labour happening in Qatar for the World Cup. If only what you're gonna do is casting stones and cancelling one and other on the internet because they got married at a beautiful building that happend to be a plantation hundred of years ago, you're probably not gonna get that far.

myluis617
6 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I literally wanted to make that arguement but did t habe time to write it. So That Part. 

Archived