Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

while I definitely agree it's a really great album, I feel like 90+ is too high... maybe 85-87, that sounds more reasonable to me. I'm sure as more reviews filter in, it'll drop a bit and level out somewhere more realistic.

but 95? come on. 

........also still slightly annoyed Chromatica got 79 when it deserves higher.....

it was considered critical acclaim for a hot second before they added the pitchfork review. this is prob for another thread, but a lot of the reviews read like raves but factored out to be a lot lower numerically. which i don't understand.

Chromatica definitely deserves an 80. But I still think Gaga hasn't reached that upper level that I think she can reach. Taylor just reached it. Beyonce reached it. Now I need Gaga to do it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k
2 minutes ago, Mr S said:

Chromatica definitely deserves an 80. But I still think Gaga hasn't reached that upper level that I think she can reach. Taylor just reached it. Beyonce reached it. Now I need Gaga to do it.

That's fair! and I'm sure she will.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Daylight Jokers
30 minutes ago, Mr S said:

She's already reached that years ago with Born this Way and The Fame Monster. :triggered: Especially Born this Way.

My Name Isnt Alice
37 minutes ago, Mr S said:

What upper level are you talking about :triggered:

stateofgaga
3 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

I think people have over hyped this album... like... I didn’t even know she released it until a day later :rip: it’s by no means a ‘bad’ album it is nothing different or ‘special’ in the grand scale of ‘Taylor swift’ lol

It was released today :huntyga:

Miel
10 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Just because an album has a high metascore doesn't mean it will win the Grammy for Album of the Year. The Grammy's look at a lot more than that and I find they are tactfully selective on who wins what. Like they might award a mediocre album if the artist has had a great discography with no awards won previously. They might award the underdog. They might award the most popular or impactful album. They might award a mediocre album from a legendary artist who came back after a long hiatus. These are just some examples. 

The way I immediately thought of Melodrama, whew.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
11 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

She's already reached that years ago with Born this Way and The Fame Monster. :triggered: Especially Born this Way.

The way BTW deserves way more than its Metacritic score (especially that dreadful 0, holy lord).

In its fifth anniversary, there were quite a few retrospective reviews highlighting how it is an absolute beast of an album. I think time is showing how incredible it really is (well, to the people that didn't initially see as such).

zakariah

the lyrical content is perfection but sonically it's boring af, it's just too much of the same imo

HEARTSTOP
15 minutes ago, Miel said:

The way I immediately thought of Melodrama, whew.

Except Melodrama is actually a good album :billie:

IDGAF

Miel
1 hour ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Except Melodrama is actually a good album :billie:

I think this one is pretty excellent, too.

Granted, I grew up really loving For Emma, Forever Ago so this was kind of up my alley.

President Biden

Just reminding yall

Chromatica has a higher score than all of Adele’s albums

I got drunk

Pennywise
1 hour ago, Miel said:

The way BTW deserves way more than its Metacritic score (especially that dreadful 0, holy lord).

In its fifth anniversary, there were quite a few retrospective reviews highlighting how it is an absolute beast of an album. I think time is showing how incredible it really is (well, to the people that didn't initially see as such).

Born This Way is still better than any album - and I mean ANY album - that came out since. It is a masterpiece through and through. It is not, like ,"raw" like critics like, but it is an electro-pop-rock-disco perfection. It probably also is my favorite album by anyone ever. :tony:

Spoiler

Except Fashion of His Love but we won't talk about that :derpga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Chromatography

after listening, i love this album. it’s not novel, though, just sounds like a typical indie-ish record. i can’t believe you guys don’t seem to listen to stuff like that.

Archived