💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

hoeslay

Ok I don't wanna sound ~ different 🤪~ and maybe it's just because I'm typically not into folk music but I didn't like the album :( Like...not a single song stands out to me and I like Taylor so I was left tremendously underwhelmed. I know every artist only has to speak to their own truth and experiences and I honor that but...although some lyrics can be relatable something just feels off. Chromatica made me think. It made me feel and analyze myself and my relationship to me and the world. This album personally just doesn't resonate with me on any level :(

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
Just now, Suuus said:

This is why i hate critics

There are some great critics. it's the "grouping" system (Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic) which gives equal weight to contrarians, etc. that annoys me more.

Daylight Jokers

Good for her! I do wonder why critics are always hard on Gaga. She doesn't even have an album that's near this rating. :saladga:

Lorde Von Kok

95 on 8 reviews :saladga:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Lona Delery
19 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Ok I don't wanna sound ~ different 🤪~ and maybe it's just because I'm typically not into folk music but I didn't like the album :( Like...not a single song stands out to me and I like Taylor so I was left tremendously underwhelmed. I know every artist only has to speak to their own truth and experiences and I honor that but...although some lyrics can be relatable something just feels off. Chromatica made me think. It made me feel and analyze myself and my relationship to me and the world. This album personally just doesn't resonate with me on any level :(

its not even folk wyd, gays hear a guitar and either say its country or folk 😭

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

TheArcher
2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

ASIB and Joanne tea

DeanWinchester
14 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

96 (11 reviews) 💚

She's out for blood! I do think it will go down slightly because some mixed reviews are sure to come in

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

hoeslay
41 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

it's literally electro-folk. it's alt rock/pop with folk influence. she said herself that it's intentionally folk influenced 

Suuus

I know its a little of topic but i wanted to see what billie ellish her was so looked it up on metacritic and gues she doesnt have any all it says is metascore 87 and user score 7.5 but it doesnt say after x amount of in other words critics didnt even bother to review her album how snobbish is that

LilyLark
50 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

I'd say it has elements of folk-rock. It's more baroque pop meets country, though, imo.

LilyLark

Lord monsters on twitter are nuts..the saltiness over Folklore and acting like it's some competition between Gaga and Taylor.

MessyTop
45 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Lord monsters on twitter are nuts..the saltiness over Folklore and acting like it's some competition between Gaga and Taylor.

There’s no competition. Taylor is doing promo Gaga chose to take a break. 

Archived