💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Teletubby

User reviews are interesting:billie:
review-1.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hankhatesyouall

Sputnik - 66

The NYT - 60 

Pitchfork - 80. 

Yep, it's definitely not staying in the 90s. 

Teletubby
21 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Sputnik - 66

The NYT - 60 

Swifties looking for anything to expose them 
tenor.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Red Velvet
47 minutes ago, 776673564747836765 said:

User reviews are interesting:billie:
review-1.jpg

I didn't know @StrawberryBlond was spamming negative reviews. :billie:

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

OMonster
1 minute ago, jorja said:

Sputnik and NYT hasn't been added :poot:

Man, their reviews seem wildly unfair...  60?!

When so many other music reviewers have a different opinion, you've got to wonder if certain contributors are just being contrary, tbh. 

folklore won't be for everyone, but I think it's objectively a solid body of work, and deserving of a 70+ score. 

subtext / fantasy

joesuda

TBH the biggest kii is that pitchfork was added quite instantly to metacritic (score is 93 again) but NYT nor Sputnik has not been added yet, even though those review came out a lot earlier. Maybe Swifties won and they won't be added?

Knew you'd make fun of me

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, BLACKPINK said:

I didn't know @StrawberryBlond was spamming negative reviews. :billie:

Cool it with the snarkiness.

2 hours ago, OMonster said:

When so many other music reviewers have a different opinion, you've got to wonder if certain contributors are just being contrary, tbh. 

folklore won't be for everyone, but I think it's objectively a solid body of work, and deserving of a 70+ score. 

How is it wildly unfair when she has overwhelmingly positive reviews that more than put her into the critical acclaim category (which 81 is required to achieve) and is still in the 90's? If anything, a negative review helps balance it all out a bit more. When you see nothing but acclaim as far as the eye can see, it always makes me suspicious. An album should not appeal to everyone that much. Music is subjective and this style of album definitely isn't for everyone. I don't buy it that every critic reviews based on objective qualities as much as possible. On the contrary, if the majority of critics think one way, that actually points to paid-for reviews and sheep mentality, which music critics indulge in. It's just very well-hidden. It can also operate the same in reverse. We need more critics who know their own minds. When I see a negative/positive review in among so much negativity/positivity, it gives me hope that not all critics are fake.

TheArcher

metacritic - 89 (20 reviews) 

NY Times

Changes - 70

Folkrole - 60

Chromatica - 50

I HAVE TO LAUGH. Just say you hate successful women and go. 

Thomas P
6 hours ago, OMonster said:

He gave Changes by Bieber high praise too :air:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

How is it wildly unfair when she has overwhelmingly positive reviews that more than put her into the critical acclaim category (which 81 is required to achieve) and is still in the 90's? If anything, a negative review helps balance it all out a bit more. When you see nothing but acclaim as far as the eye can see, it always makes me suspicious. An album should not appeal to everyone that much. Music is subjective and this style of album definitely isn't for everyone. I don't buy it that every critic reviews based on objective qualities as much as possible. On the contrary, if the majority of critics think one way, that actually points to paid-for reviews and sheep mentality, which music critics indulge in. It's just very well-hidden. It can also operate the same in reverse. We need more critics who know their own minds. When I see a negative/positive review in among so much negativity/positivity, it gives me hope that not all critics are fake.

I actually 100% agree with all of this. 
Art that lasts in the public consciousness is the art that sparks conversation and countering opinions. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

robbiemalik

I just want Taylor to at least win one Grammy for Folklore, her best album she’s delivered.   

MessyTop
13 minutes ago, robbiemalik said:

I just want Taylor to at least win one Grammy for Folklore, her best album she’s delivered.   

She will. It’s a masterpiece!!

AModSquad

im not a taylor swift fan in general, maybe like 10 songs total prior to folklore.  Folklore is stunning.  Ive listened to folklore more in 4 days than any of her other albums (i think combined).

Archived