Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Rain On Me #28 on this week's Hot 100

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Guys any examples of singles taking off after an album being released in the era of streaming?

The power of the music video is so weak these days. Blinding Lights and Dua Lipa's views are so low. Compare that to to five years ago when vids would reach a billion views easily. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lorde Von Kok

We cannot let ROM fell out of the Top 100 until her next move :fatcat:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

QueenChromatix
38 minutes ago, Majora said:

1-5-10-9-11-12-16-28

So it started brilliantly, then it was good and now it's free-falling... it's sad honestly.

I hope next week ROM can at least go back into top20 :laughga:

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Alladin Sane

I'm the only one that think this is good? 
She released the video and started the promo, then just stopped everything. So I'm just glad that the song stayed in Hot 100.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Guys any examples of singles taking off after an album being released in the era of streaming?

The power of the music video is so weak these days. Blinding Lights and Dua Lipa's views are so low. Compare that to to five years ago when vids would reach a billion views easily. 

Don't start now? Break my heart? Watermelon Sugar? Adore You? Intentions? Tusa? Say So? Ariana and Billie had a lot of streaming success after album drops too..

It doesn't seem so important how many YT views it has.. Spotify and Radio makes a hit nowadays I guess. The videos are more consumed in bars and MTV and stuff? Latin world still watches a lot of YT. Usually the videos also have like annoying sound effects and things in it which break up the song... makes it annoying to watch, I find.

Besides Rain On Me falling down the charts, it's just really really sad that everything I usually love from Gaga (crazy good performances, the looks, the interviews, the cryptic descriptions of the album, a tour) is not here this era... it feels dead on arrival.

And yes, corona, but watch Adam Lambert, Kesha, Dua Lipa, all performing at some event or another (Can't Cancel Pride, virtual late night shows, animated music videos), and all we get is some footage of a make-up brand launch and a watch commercial...

:madge:

thehanyo

Look at the bright side. This means she'll want to release another single/video sooner. :billie:

steven

Looks like ROM had a decent impact but wasn't strong enough to give what the GP wants (lack of taste). I'm okay with it since they didn't promote the song at all.

JustTea
1 hour ago, Roland said:

New Gaga videos are doing better than most others atm. Sour Candy MV would push it a lot and would reach 100M with ease.

Personally I think that a good music video makes the song go viral and become a hit more or less. :legend:

OT. ROM is smashing elsewhere, US has no taste. :grr:

This may not be what "stans" want, but this isn't terrible. Most people would kill for this chart run. 

jacs vs looser

I understand and respect her decision to halt promo due to BLM, however she could've restarted it 1 or 2 weeks 7ago, and the song would still be in the top 20. 

The fact that instead she is promoting makeup + watches... 

Anyhow, the only logical step right now would be to move on to single no. 3 and perform/promote both, with the main focus on the new single but still allowing ROM to maintain longevity. 

GagaEnigma
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

I can only offer anecdotal mess but I haven't heard ROM a lot even when it was #1. It seems like radio stations play a LOT more Gaga now but it's older songs.

I think in the last few months I've heard Million Reasons and Applause more than ROM :toofunny:

It's criminal :toofunny:

Literally here in Europe they play Million Reasons, a couple of ASIB songs, and I heard Stupid Love several times, but ROM not even once :saladga:

Mirrion Rizzons
4 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

I understand and respect her decision to halt promo due to BLM, however she could've restarted it 1 or 2 weeks 7ago, and the song would still be in the top 20. 

The fact that instead she is promoting makeup + watches... 

Anyhow, the only logical step right now would be to move on to single no. 3 and perform/promote both, with the main focus on the new single but still allowing ROM to maintain longevity. 

it'll rise this week, juicie wrld had 8 songs debut above it 

Archived