celeb

Tory lanez allegedly shot megan thee stallion while she was leaving

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

Wait was it really him? I heard he was shooting at people who shot at them? 

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, Jose P said:

Way to stereotype a genre and subculture originated from the black community. It’s not a good look :poot:

1 hour ago, darkpaw said:

This has NOTHING to do with a genre of music.

Hip Hop IS misogynistic. It’s not stereotyping, it is a fact. Rap music is notoriously misogynistic & homophobic. Pick up a damn book ffs.

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

HIP HOP: Uses woman to perform as degrading extras in music videos, writes misogynistic lyrics about women, treats women in the industry with contempt and barely allows more than 3 female rappers at a time, literally shoots women with guns.

ALSO HIP HOP: Dominates the Billboard Hot 100

This Is Us What GIF by NBC

Just say you’re racist and leave 

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

HIP HOP: Uses woman to perform as degrading extras in music videos, writes misogynistic lyrics about women, treats women in the industry with contempt and barely allows more than 3 female rappers at a time, literally shoots women with guns.

ALSO HIP HOP: Dominates the Billboard Hot 100

This Is Us What GIF by NBC

you have a point but it's not relevent to this incident

this is just between two people, not the entire rap / hiphop industry.. :awkney: 

Lord Temptation
11 minutes ago, Tanner said:

Just say you’re racist and leave 

Just say you support a misogynistic and homophobic industry and leave, gurl 

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, darkpaw said:

This has NOTHING to do with a genre of music.

Hip hop is not a genre anymore but corporatized systemic abuse and repression of black women and gay culture. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Hip hop is not a genre anymore but corporatized systemic abuse and repression of black women and gay culture. 

Let’s not act like women in pop aren’t forced to sexualize themselves and are scrutinized more than male artists. Hip Hop is a genre whether you think so or not. The only thing repressing women in hip hop is stan culture just as it does in all genres of music.

Lord Temptation
15 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Let’s not act like women in pop aren’t forced to sexualize themselves and are scrutinized more than male artists. Hip Hop is a genre whether you think so or not. The only thing repressing women in hip hop is stan culture just as it does in all genres of music.

Hun, I can name dozens of female popstars. None of them are charting right now (except for Gaga). On the other hand, the charts are dominated by hip hop. And a grand total of NONE of them are female. 

Midnight Summer

A woman has been shot and all y'all can talk about is how much you hate hip hop? We get it. You're still mad that your favorite white pop girlies are struggling on the charts. This isn't the time. Besides, hip hop isn't the only genre out there demeaning women. Rock was a hyper-masculine cesspool back in the day, and pop is constantly finding new ways to demean female artists.

Anyway, I'm praying for Megan. I hope she recovers and tightens the security around her. Her life has been nothing but tragedy. She lost both of her parents and her grandmother, and now this. 2020 was supposed to be her year. Hopefully, she can recover and reach new heights.

1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Hun, I can name dozens of female popstars. None of them are charting right now (except for Gaga). On the other hand, the charts are dominated by hip hop. And a grand total of NONE of them are female. 

There’s way more than a dozen and you know it. There were three female hip hop artists at the top of the charts recently but I guess it doesn’t matter. There are plenty of female rappers by the way. But you probably don’t even listen to hip hop or care to support female rappers and they only matter when you’re trying to bash an entire genre. The reason the males are dominating the charts is because they have fan bases that support them and they’ve made a name for themselves just like females can so cut the b.s. 

Midnight Summer
6 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

There’s way more than a dozen and you know it. There were three female hip hop artists at the top of the charts recently but I guess it doesn’t matter. There are plenty of female rappers by the way. But you probably don’t even listen to hip hop or care to support female rappers and they only matter when you’re trying to bash an entire genre. The reason the males are dominating the charts is because they have fan bases that support them and they’ve made a name for themselves just like females can so cut the b.s. 

Exactly. Nicki, Cardi, Meg, Doja, Lizzo. Some of the biggest hits of the last 2-3 years have come from female rappers. I agree that women struggle in hip hop but like...come on. Let's not ignore progress.

Archived