💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

tiktok saved the music industry

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa
10 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Its promoting bad quality songs and taking away what music stands for at CORE.

Imagine by John Lennon is a prime example of what music should be. 

Tiktok is growing user base for music but most of the growth is negative. 

Earlier songs changed people's life, even the main stream ones. Now mainstream music is all bullshit. 

‘imagine’, a song by a racist, rich, abuser. a walking contradiction to the message of the song. ok.

besides, who are you to police what music should and shouldnt be? it’s a way for people to express themselves, however that may be. not every song has to be some huge, anthemic, life-changing experience. music can be whatever the artist wants it to be, because it’s their prerogative as an artist to create what they want to put out there and use their platform accordingly.

you’re allowed to make music just as much as anyone else, if you wanna put your message/ideology out there, and you can always support artists with that message. but you dont have to knock other people for doing something else with their canvases 

GaGaAst
9 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

‘imagine’, a song by a racist, rich, abuser. a walking contradiction to the message of the song. ok.

besides, who are you to police what music should and shouldnt be? it’s a way for people to express themselves, however that may be. not every song has to be some huge, anthemic, life-changing experience. music can be whatever the artist wants it to be, because it’s their prerogative as an artist to create what they want to put out there and use their platform accordingly.

you’re allowed to make music just as much as anyone else, if you wanna put your message/ideology out there, and you can always support artists with that message. but you dont have to knock other people for doing something else with their canvases 

i didn't know he was like that. 🙄. 

I am not objecting on others right to put music but as a whole music industry is affected due to bad music being popular on tiktok. Tiktok has made many songs hit on BB HOT 100. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Well it's banned here in India. Hope the rest of the world follows. Its a desease deadlier than corona aunty. 

President Biden

No. Sorry but I hate the Do Do Do song or the Cup of Coffee instrumental track. Both ****ing suck.

the only good thing of it is the acclaim that TFM/TF tracks get & the hot models

I got drunk

Blastertoyo
2 hours ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

Bold of you to assume that it can’t be controlled :ally: I remember an article saying that a certain girl could literally make a song a hit if she used it in her videos

Lil Nas X Basically cheated the system 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

FentyGa
7 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Never had the app lmao

same:laughga:

7 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

awkward uh oh GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

sweetheart, tiktok ruined music and society 

you must’ve missed my point:huntyga: feel free to re-read:bear:

TortureMeOnReplay
9 hours ago, Matt Amor said:

I agree with most of this, but I would like to add the emphasis on the artists themselves.

The benefits of this for Tiktok users is to find new music, the benefit of this for artists is to maybe get discovered. 

The negative aspects of this for artists is getting paid virtually nothing despite how many times their song is viewed, whereas there are no real negative aspects for Tiktok users. Tiktok users & fans should be fighting to support paying artists more if they've discovered so many new songs & artists through it. 

You really want Tik Tok to pay artists for the 15 seconds most users use the sound for? That's half of what iTunes previews songs for lol. Artists get paid in exposure, something they should be aware of when uploading their music onto the app. I've seen videos hit 15 million views, and I'm sure artists and labels would love getting that exposure for free. In fact, labels are even starting to manipulate Tik Tok and paying influencers on the platform to use their music. It's not like the entire 2 minutes and 30 seconds is up on the platform.

memomemome

while the song got big so fast from there (like if the song popular in tiktok = the song take off in charts) it kinda easy burner, you got sick of it... fast?

Idk if it's me...

And most of the song is good only for the 60 seconds part while the other is kinda forgettable...

But what I think is quite interesting, it can revive songs from years old... like you don't understand.

In my country they played a lot of Taylor Swift - Love Story, songs from 12 years ago, it played everywhere. because of tiktok? that's weirdly crazy

BABYL0N

TikTok ruined the music industry, I can’t even listen to certain songs anymore without thinking about some cringey TikTok videos tbh

mucinex
3 hours ago, justhislife said:

You really want Tik Tok to pay artists for the 15 seconds most users use the sound for? That's half of what iTunes previews songs for lol. Artists get paid in exposure, something they should be aware of when uploading their music onto the app. I've seen videos hit 15 million views, and I'm sure artists and labels would love getting that exposure for free. In fact, labels are even starting to manipulate Tik Tok and paying influencers on the platform to use their music. It's not like the entire 2 minutes and 30 seconds is up on the platform.

Yes, I do think artists should get paid, in fact, I think that the audio and video creator should be getting paid for their work. If you stream a song for about 30 seconds on Spotify that counts as a stream. If you use about 30 seconds of a song on YouTube you have to pay the label/artist a fraction of the monetization and I firmly believe that's the way it should work with Tiktok. A system where you get paid per amount of videos made is flawed because of how many people re-upload audio. If your song has been viewed a million times but only has 15 Tiktoks made using it, that would only count as 15 streams, that's not fair. Tiktok already has to pay revenues to artists, the problem is how much money artists are being paid and the system in which they get paid. We need to denormalize the starving artist mentality, that artists should settle for being paid in exposure for their intellectual property. These apps have the money to pay artists more substantially than they currently do. 

Archived