Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Simon Falk won’t do predictions anymore

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

I hate the streaming era personally. But that's my own personal problem :ladyhaha: the world is changing ig. I just hope people continue to release CDs and stuff.

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LePetitFlo said:

Streaming = fast food

Pop music is already fast food. Before streaming people knew about music through radio, a bunch of executives picking what you are gonna listen to based on how much money they got from the labels. Not so different from streaming.

Regina George
31 minutes ago, Admin said:

It's the opposite actually. Streaming gave new life to the music industry, and 2019 was its biggest year since 2004, thanks to streaming. "songs with most streams will be on top" is exactly how charts should be because streaming is how pretty much everyone consumes music in 2020.

27 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

I disagree. Streaming is a revolution in the technology and music industry. Music is more accessible than ever for everyone, just with the power of internet. You can organize what to listen to, you discover so much new music based on genres you like, genres similar to what you like. So many possibilites. Back in the day you'd only have the radio, CDs, mp3 players, iTunes. You'd only listen to what is given and served to you by labels and stuff. But now you have the power to choose what to listen to more freely than ever. I suppose your comment reffers to hip-hop music and mumble rappers storming the charts? Well, times change, and so is the music, the trends, what's hot, what's the sh*t. We can't change that. New jack swing was popular for some time, bubblegum pop was popular for some time, dubstep was popular for some time, etc.

6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

How? Why? I seriously don't understand this logic tbh.

What is so bad about the songs with ACTUAL DEMAND charting? Imo streams shows what people are ACTUALLY listening to. Buying a song doesn't mean you're listening to it. Radio shoves the same 5 songs down your throat.

Streaming captures what is actually trending and it is a legal, accessible way for people to consume music. Before streaming blew up in like 2014 most people would just illegally download music. 

Of course sales have gone down but that's just because the landscape is changing. 

I'm not sure people who think streaming is so awful would say the same if their fave was on top of the charts and a streaming monster. 

I see all of your points guys but music is just not as exciting in 2020. Just because everything is so accessible and everything is right there it's not an experience - at least for me. I'm a 2000s kid and I truly believe music experience was much better before. Is streaming much better for new artists who are struggling? OFC! I see every positive thing about streaming but when I said "death of music industry" I'm thinking about the whole experience in general and that experience is gone for me. I don't feel like people have real connection to music now a days and I know it seems old fashioned but yea.. 

Also for @Morphine Prince - My faves not being streaming forces have nothing to do with this actually :poot:

I tried to explain what I meant and I hope y'all understand.. Anyways I hope y'all are having a great day 

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I see all of your points guys but music is just not as exciting in 2020. Just because everything is so accessible and everything is right there it's not an experience - at least for me. I'm a 2000s kid and I truly believe music experience was much better before. Is streaming much better for new artists who are struggling? OFC! I see every positive thing about streaming but when I said "death of music industry" I'm thinking about the whole experience in general and that experience is gone for me. I don't feel like people have real connection to music now a days and I know it seems old fashioned but yea.. 

Also for @Morphine Prince - My faves not being streaming forces have nothing to do with this actually :poot:

I tried to explain what I meant and I hope y'all understand.. Anyways I hope y'all are having a great day 

I mentioned a fave being on top because I stan someone who has been on top of streaming and it was a great experience no different from other big artists in the past. 

Honestly, I just don't see the difference in experience. I still wait for midnight when a song comes out, I still wait for music videos, etc. 

If anything, streaming has introduced me to so many new artists and has expanded my music taste. Waiting for new releases from my favorite artists is actually easier because I'm always discovering new music on Spotify or relistening to playlists made fro me based on MY taste and not the record labels who want to shove the same  songs down my throat all day long :shrug:

holy scheisse
15 minutes ago, LePetitFlo said:

Streaming = fast food

Bc it's cost effective for the consumer? I'll take a number 10 meal :sis:

IAmNotHere1997
9 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Well, what do you exactly miss from the old-fashioned days? The hyped must-watch eventful award shows? The anticipation of a new release? What is this experience that it's laking nowadays?

pachinko
49 minutes ago, Admin said:

It's the opposite actually. Streaming gave new life to the music industry, and 2019 was its biggest year since 2004, thanks to streaming. "songs with most streams will be on top" is exactly how charts should be because streaming is how pretty much everyone consumes music in 2020.

Does this mean Gaga will switch to more Urban music?  

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

Does this mean Gaga will switch to more Urban music?  

No. And not only urban music is a streaming force. Rain On Me is currently #11 on Spotify globally. 

WildAmerican
31 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Is it that big of a deal? :poot:

no, some people just care about charts and music stats way too much :poot:

Seeka

While streaming is good in some respects there are still music you'll never find on Spotify. 

Square Enix hasn't put the full soundtrack of FF9 on streaming platforms, nor is the DMMd soundtrack on there. 

So there will always be alternatives to streaming as long as every song in the world isn't there. 

Although I guess there's YouTube music. But that seems like a bit of a chore. 

Idk. As someone who lives in a place with shoddy signal and with shitty bandwidth I think there will always be alternatives because not everyone in the world has great internet or wants to have to deal with ads when listening to music. And like I said, there's just stuff that isn't on Spotify. 

As much as streaming has changed music, I doubt it'll take over the whole to the point it will be the only way to listen. 

Regina George
35 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Well, what do you exactly miss from the old-fashioned days? The hyped must-watch eventful award shows? The anticipation of a new release? What is this experience that it's laking nowadays?

I just don't like how everything is so accessible nowadays.. It sounds silly and you can give me arguments against it but it kinda ruins the experience for me. I don't know why it's such a weird thing for me to think so. Pop culture in general lost it's purpose and it feels shallow.mp3 nowadays. Songs are interesting for 3 days and then people jump to another one.. There are no more classics and there are no more HUGE hits because everything is so accessible and everything gets old real fast. For example before you had to watch MTV to watch new Britney Spears music video and that was the only time you could see it in a day but now you can go to youtube, watch it 10 times and never see it again because you get bored of it. 

Economy
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Plus it's more accurate as I've said it a million times

Sales are extremely flawed in the sense that since people only buy it once (unless it's an obsessed fan buying multiple copies) all of the points from your purchase go into a single week

Once someone buys a copy you have absolutely no way of knowing how long someone continues to listen to that song for or how quickly they get tired of it.

Whether u bought a song and got tired after 2 weeks or keep jamming to it 6 months later either way ur impact on the chart was the same

Streams track actual activity week after week after week. So it's much more accurate

Economy
15 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I just don't like how everything is so accessible nowadays.. It sounds silly and you can give me arguments against it but it kinda ruins the experience for me. I don't know why it's such a weird thing for me to think so. Pop culture in general lost it's purpose and it feels shallow.mp3 nowadays. Songs are interesting for 3 days and then people jump to another one.. There are no more classics and there are no more HUGE hits because everything is so accessible and everything gets old real fast. For example before you had to watch MTV to watch new Britney Spears music video and that was the only time you could see it in a day but now you can go to youtube, watch it 10 times and never see it again because you get bored of it. 

The digital age and streaming definitely accelerated the cycle of songs rise and fall.

I don't think that's necessarily bad tho. It means more content coming out constantly :party:

ShtoopidLahv
37 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I think you have generational bias. People have said the EXACT same thing in every era of music before. Jazz era hated rock n roll, rock fans hated the 2000s when teen pop and rap reigned. Metal fans hated the glitz and glam of the 80s. 

raragaga

who?

xoxo

Archived