⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
society

New Zealand lifts all COVID restrictions, declared virus-free

Lion Heart

New Zealand has lifted almost all of its coronavirus restrictions after reporting no active cases in the country.

At midnight local time (12:00 GMT), all of New Zealand moved to level one, the lowest of a four-tier alert system.

Under new rules, social distancing is not required and there are no limits on public gatherings, but borders remain closed to foreigners.

New Zealand has reported no new Covid-19 cases for more than two weeks.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told reporters she did "a little dance" when she was told the country no longer had any active virus cases.

"While we're in a safer, stronger position, there's still no easy path back to pre-Covid life, but the determination and focus we have had on our health response will now be vested in our economic rebuild," Ms Ardern said.

"While the job is not done, there is no denying this is a milestone. So can I finish with a very simple, 'Thank you, New Zealand'."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52961539

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 14
  • Love 7

PlasticWeave

Yass Sauron is defeated

poordat
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

Lion Heart

• Like 1
  • LMAO 5

LaLuna

I suddenly want to move to New Zealand :bradley:

gagaisitalian

I saw very early on that female-led countries were handling the virus at a much higher success rate.

Once again, I'm embarrassed to be American.

• Like 21

SchwineLove
Posted (edited)

but...that is old news, June 8th 2020. click the link.

i dunno the recent news. but few weeks ago the virus-free status was broken from imported case iirc

Edited by SchwineLove
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Bonkers

meanwhile in florida

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • LMAO 20
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Lion Heart

Meanwhile America :madge: 

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Stellars

If only their neighbours in Australia could relate. Numbers just started rising here again out of nowhere :triggered:

No Jacinda, no COVID free country :applause:

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴘɪɴᴋ - ʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ - ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ - ɪᴛᴢʏ - ɪᴢ*ᴏɴᴇ - ʟᴏᴏɴᴀ
  • Like 1

SLAG

This is why they deserve to hear new music before everyone else:ohwell:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Modern Ecstasy2
11 minutes ago, gagaisitalian said:

I saw very early on that female-led countries were handling the virus at a much higher success rate.

Once again, I'm embarrassed to be American.

Dr Bonnie Henry (provincial health officer of BC) has been killing the game since day 1 :firega:

She/Her/Hers

SLAG
3 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Meanwhile America :madge: 

Why is it always VERY UNATTRACTIVE people that want to be idiots and draw attention to themselves:yennefer:

• YAAAS 1

Helxig
Posted (edited)

Huh??? I'm confused. We've been in level one for weeks (I think over a month) already :confused:  I literally went clubbing 2 weeks ago. and we just had multiple overseas travellers break out and escape from their quarantine and go out into public, at least one of which tested positive. I thought we were all collectively holding our breath right now that we don't have another outbreak? What am I missing here?

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Mer Boy
Posted (edited)

Didn't they do this a few weeks ago and then they had outbreaks again. It is way too soon for them to be so sure that they have eradicated this disease. You can never be sure unless you tested every single person over the course of at least a few months. I think a suppression strategy is more realistic. 

EDIT: The article is from a month ago. 

Edited by Mer Boy
  • Like 1