💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest album era of all time?

Lighter

Featured Posts

2School4Cool

Thriller 100%, zero competition.

I’d also suggest something by The Beatles but I don’t know what specific album era was most successful, there was just mass hysteria around them throughout the ‘60s.

See The Best In Everyone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2School4Cool

I’m seeing a lot of people mention COADF by Madonna. That’s completely fair if that’s your opinion and I’m in no way judging that or saying you are wrong, but I personally would suggest that her earlier albums were more iconic. Among Madonna fans, COADF is iconic, but in all honesty, I was unfamiliar with the album until I joined GGD. When people who aren’t hardcore fans think of Madonna, I think they tend to think more of the classic early Madonna music with Like A Prayer, Holiday, Vogue, Like A Virgin, Papa Don’t Preach, etc. I’m not very familiar with her albums, but if I were to choose a Madonna album that had the most impactful era, I would suggest one of her earlier albums personally.

See The Best In Everyone

QueenGaga
22 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

If you’re looking for album tracks and underrated singles try with these:

Bad Girl, Causing A Commotion, White Heat, till Death do us part, Oh Father, Pray For Spanish Eyes, Rain

For concerts, watch this

The Blonde Ambition tour is just :nooo:

1 minute ago, QueenGaga said:

The Blonde Ambition tour is just :nooo:

The way around 170 000 people came to the date in London:giveup:

Jose P
2 hours ago, QueenGaga said:

As much as I agree about Janet and especially Madonna, I don’t think they were as global as Gaga since she debuted in the age of the internet. 
I could be wrong :)

I think you are massively underestimating Madonna’s success. No female artist (maybe only Cher and Streisand) has gotten close to her level of popularity, especially in the 80s.

Jose P
27 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

I’m seeing a lot of people mention COADF by Madonna. That’s completely fair if that’s your opinion and I’m in no way judging that or saying you are wrong, but I personally would suggest that her earlier albums were more iconic. Among Madonna fans, COADF is iconic, but in all honesty, I was unfamiliar with the album until I joined GGD. When people who aren’t hardcore fans think of Madonna, I think they tend to think more of the classic early Madonna music with Like A Prayer, Holiday, Vogue, Like A Virgin, Papa Don’t Preach, etc. I’m not very familiar with her albums, but if I were to choose a Madonna album that had the most impactful era, I would suggest one of her earlier albums personally.

Confessions was actually a massive success. You didn’t know about it, but the era was big. It was a huge comeback, and Hung Up was one of the most successful dance songs of the decade. It’s one of her most popular eras, that’s not really subjective.

QueenGaga
2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

I think you are massively underestimating Madonna’s success. No female artist (maybe only Cher and Streisand) has gotten close to her level of popularity, especially in the 80s.

I wasn’t around the music scene till 2012-13 so I wouldn’t really know but I seem to be getting her success now 

2School4Cool
37 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Confessions was actually a massive success. You didn’t know about it, but the era was big. It was a huge comeback, and Hung Up was one of the most successful dance songs of the decade. It’s one of her most popular eras, that’s not really subjective.

I’m sure you’re right. Again, I’ve never been all that familiar with Madonna’s whole career. My thought was more so just coming from the fact that I’m far more familiar with her earlier music, I never actually heard Hung Up until I joined GGD :cryga:. I think I just assumed that as someone in the general public, those earlier songs were more “classic” and recognizable because when I think of Madonna I think of Express Yourself, Vogue, etc. That’s just me, though! I believe you, a Madonna fan would know much more than I would :happy:.

EDIT: I just looked at some of the accolades, I didn’t realize just how huge the album was!

See The Best In Everyone

2 hours ago, 2School4Cool said:

I’m sure you’re right. Again, I’ve never been all that familiar with Madonna’s whole career. My thought was more so just coming from the fact that I’m far more familiar with her earlier music, I never actually heard Hung Up until I joined GGD :cryga:. I think I just assumed that as someone in the general public, those earlier songs were more “classic” and recognizable because when I think of Madonna I think of Express Yourself, Vogue, etc. That’s just me, though! I believe you, a Madonna fan would know much more than I would :happy:.

EDIT: I just looked at some of the accolades, I didn’t realize just how huge the album was!

i would love to help u get into madonna! i’m feeling you would love her, but i’m gonna log off ggd for some weeks now but you have my Instagram ;) 

Chuckles

Interesting that nobody has said A Star is Born, that era gave everything worldwide.

2School4Cool
1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

i would love to help u get into madonna! i’m feeling you would love her, but i’m gonna log off ggd for some weeks now but you have my Instagram ;) 

That’s very kind of you! I have some family that has shared some of her music and performances with me before! I’ve never really gotten into her, but I definitely admire her and understand why she’s a legend! I’m not on Instagram but if you ever want to share a performance or song with me feel free to message me!

See The Best In Everyone

ToxicHot

Definitely the The Fame is one of them for sure. :legend: Aside from the hit singles, just look at the IMPACT it had on the music industry and pop culture. Gaga was nearly UNSTOPPABLE in 2009 and 2010. I mean the fact that The Fame era had merged so easily into The Fame Monster era which only catapulted her success even FURTHER in a short amount of time is amazing. What a f*cking MOMENT that was. :worship2:

The Born This Way era was also massive, in the way that it was really really piggybacking off the success of The Fame Monster era (since it was also very close to the EP era and also because Born This Way songs were performed on The Monster Ball).

Other than that.... I'd say only Teenage Dream and 1989 come close (at least - in recent years; I'm really just referring to eras that only I have experienced).

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

ArtpopAct2
5 hours ago, 2School4Cool said:

I feel like COADF was also way bigger in Europe than it was in the US no?

Archived