⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

56 Florida hospital ICUs have hit capacity

Webb7

CNN)The worsening coronavirus pandemic hit a series of somber peaks across the United States on Tuesday, renewing fears that more hospitals could be overloaded with Covid-19 patients.

At least 56 intensive care units in Florida hospitals reached capacity on Tuesday, state officials said. Another 35 hospitals show ICU bed availability of 10% or less, according to the Agency for Health Care Administration in that state. 

Georgia surpassed 100,000 reported coronavirus cases, becoming the ninth state to pass the mark. 

In California, the number of hospitalizations across the state were at an all-time high and the virus positivity rate jumped more than 2% in Los Angeles.

As nearly 3 million confirmed coronavirus cases were reported in the US, the need for testing has increased. That has led federal officials to set up new testing sites in Florida, Louisiana and Texas. But major diagnostic companies have said they are facing testing delays.

GOP governors in Florida and Texas split as coronavirus cases surge

Hospitals in Texas and Florida are flooded with critical Covid-19 patients and some local and state officials have made face coverings mandatory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

• Shook 1
  • Sad 3

Economy

This really is getting out of control. How are hospital capacity fairing in other hot spots like California and Texas?

On a not related to Covid-19 note, the hospital in my city is in code gridlock almost everyday (no capacity and ppl getting treatment in hallways) and has nothing to do with Covid, it's just the norm :saladga:

And no it's not the norm in Canada before someone comes bash Universal healthcare system but there were some back and fourth issues with planning with the province for my area and long story short my city of 630,000 only has 1 major hospital 

If I were to get covid or another health emergency I would go to another city cuz I don't wanna risk death :neyde:

sarahb
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kizurl said:

80254429_2640107896211269_87237256730002

Well that and believe the opposite :laughga:

Edited by sarahb
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Webb7
50 minutes ago, Economy said:

This really is getting out of control. How are hospital capacity fairing in other hot spots like California and Texas?

On a not related to Covid-19 note, the hospital in my city is in code gridlock almost everyday (no capacity and ppl getting treatment in hallways) and has nothing to do with Covid, it's just the norm :saladga:

And no it's not the norm in Canada before someone comes bash Universal healthcare system but there were some back and fourth issues with planning with the province for my area and long story short my city of 630,000 only has 1 major hospital 

If I were to get covid or another health emergency I would go to another city cuz I don't wanna risk death :neyde:

I know it’s so crazy :saladga:... my dad is a doctor he always call and make sure that I wear a mask when I go out. I went to square one mall today, NOT many ppl at a mall at all. I guess ppl still don’t want to take a risk 

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

Modern Ecstasy2
1 hour ago, Economy said:

my city of 630,000 only has 1 major hospital 

Oh my god, how?!?

The city of Vancouver (where I live) like the actual city, not lower mainland/greater Vancouver, is at around 675,000 I think, and we have 3 or 4 hospitals :saladga:

She/Her/Hers
  • Shook 1

Economy
Just now, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Oh my god, how?!?

The city of Vancouver (where I live) like the actual city, not lower mainland/greater Vancouver, is at around 675,000 I think, and we have 3 or 4 hospitals :saladga:

It was a mess

First we replaced and old hospital with a much bigger new one but my city was growing at the pace of weeds (we were and still are one of the very fastest growing cities in Canada) so that hospital wasn't enough. But they had already decided to turn the old one into a research centre

Then they changed their mind again and opened an ER room in the old one to help supplement the backlog but it's not a fully functioning hospital

A lot of people in my city (Brampton) go to other cities if they need to go to the hospital cuz ours is a slow nightmare

I always go either to George Town or Mississauga (2 cities nearby)

TimisaMonster

Yikes doesnt even describe how crazy this has all gotten...the only thing that can be blamed are people refusing to wear masks and social distance...they couldn't last a few months and self control and discipline have gone out the window 

Florin

56 out of how many hospitals?

I've read similar news about Texas, about how the ICUs are almost full and then I found out that last year the ICUs were also "almost full", because in general hospitals arent empty. 

Hopefully they will do a better job with nursing homes and similar places. 

TOSK
13 minutes ago, Florin said:

I've read similar news about Texas, about how the ICUs are almost full and then I found out that last year the ICUs were also "almost full", because in general hospitals arent empty. 

You'd feel different if you were on the front lines, you know a worker not a talker

• Like 2

Florin
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TOSK said:

You'd feel different if you were on the front lines, you know a worker not a talker

You d feel different if you were one of those people who got evicted or lost his job or didnt learn he she has cancer because of the restrictions. 

Maybe we should stay on topic and stop using our limited imagination. :huntyga:

Edited by Florin

Webb7
1 hour ago, Florin said:

That’s a very good question :kiss:... I wish they release it too but obviously GOV told all reporters yesterday go look online :billie:..

More than 2.9 million cases and 131,480 deaths have been reported across the country so far, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. And the United States saw a record number of 60,021 new cases Tuesday. Across the nation, 35 states are seeing growing numbers of new cases from last week. 

In Florida, where cases have surged, ICUs at 56 hospitals have reached capacity. And in Arizona, the state has been setting record high daily death counts about once a week, including Tuesday -- the same day the state reported its lowest-ever number of available ICU beds. 

"We need medical professionals, we need testing kits, we need supplies immediately," Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego told CNN's Chris Cuomo Tuesday. "Our hospital is already in dire straits and they tell us in the next two weeks it is going to get to an unbearable level of crisis."

• Like 1

Webb7
9 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Yikes doesnt even describe how crazy this has all gotten...the only thing that can be blamed are people refusing to wear masks and social distance...they couldn't last a few months and self control and discipline have gone out the window 

Trump's new push to open schools shows he's learned nothing from calamities sparked by his demands for premature state openings. Poor kids and teachers :saladga:...

• Thanks 1

Webb7
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Economy said:

It was a mess

First we replaced and old hospital with a much bigger new one but my city was growing at the pace of weeds (we were and still are one of the very fastest growing cities in Canada) so that hospital wasn't enough. But they had already decided to turn the old one into a research centre

Then they changed their mind again and opened an ER room in the old one to help supplement the backlog but it's not a fully functioning hospital

A lot of people in my city (Brampton) go to other cities if they need to go to the hospital cuz ours is a slow nightmare

I always go either to George Town or Mississauga (2 cities nearby)

The province reported 118 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, holding steady from Tuesday’s count and staying below the average of the past week.

“Locally, 30 of Ontario’s 34 (public health units) are reporting five or fewer cases, with 18 of them reporting no new cases at all as much of the province continues to avoid outbreaks or spikes in cases well into Stage 2,” Health Minister Christine Elliott wrote on Twitter.:pray:

Ontario reported 112 new cases on Tuesday, 154 on Monday, 138 on Sunday and 121 on Saturday.:vegas:

I hope we can keep it up with a good work... pls pretty pls wear a mask :kiss:

Edited by Webb7
  • Love 1

Webb7

Florida reports nearly 10K new cases as pandemic worsen :messga: