💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna, Gaga, Lana, Britney | Who had the most wannabes?

vyniildisk

Most wannabes?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Most wannabes of these icons...

Featured Posts

brucee

btw the disrespect towards Cindy Lauper... I can't :saladga::ladyhaha::huntyga:

(same for Xtina but Cindy effen Lauper... Kinda like saying Prince was a copycat of Mickael Jackson...) 

hello hello baby.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brucee
23 minutes ago, swooning said:

This thread is ridiculous

the term wannabe is completely pejorative, but some major artist had a lot of impact. Bowie for example inspired a loot of people, aesthetically and sonically... 

hello hello baby.

Reject False Icons

I’m sorry to piss off entitled fans but Britney isn’t even the original one:oops:. Robyn is, but she stopped agreeing to what her abusive label wanted, so they got Britney instead. The sound the producers and the years, everything fits factually

Who said Jennifer Lopez was a BeyoncĂ© wannabe? :ladyhaha: Noooo J.lo it’s a Mariah Carey wannabe, after Mimi divorced Tommy Mottola, he tried to emulate her, In her early years jlo’s career was made to put down Mariah’s success

bluemonkey
8 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

This ones? They just seem like blonde attractive popstars but i can see where that comes from. Specially the 2nd one

Also. Is JLo a Beyoncé wannabe? 

They all have said that the labels pressured them to be more like Britney. Even Pink has the line “tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears...”

bluemonkey
6 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

Who said Jennifer Lopez was a BeyoncĂ© wannabe? :ladyhaha: Noooo J.lo it’s a Mariah Carey wannabe, in this thread this is the most factual wannabe of all

after Mimi divorced Tommy Mottola, he wanted revenge and tried to emulate her, so that’s when Jlo appears in her early years her career was made to put down Mariah’s success

Also I’m sorry to piss off entitled fans but Britney isn’t even the original one:oops:. Robyn is, but she stopped agreeing to what her abusive label wanted, so they got Britney instead. The sound the producers and the years, everything fits factually

Very true about Jlo...

but with Britney, the label showed her Robyn’s music and videos and said this is the direction they are going to which she said “I like it, it makes me want to dance. why is she not dancing in her videos?” Don’t downplay what’s she has done. She pretty much took that and made it her own by adding her own touches. What makes it work with her is she’s able to have the right balance naughty and nice. Something labels couldn’t get exactly right. 

When you talk Madonna and wannabe's, I think about this, legions of girls dressed as her. 

Regina George

Britney - Every single label wanted to have a Britney kind of superstar and it was really OBVIOUS. 

Every single one of those mentioned had wannabes but not in a way that all labels literally tried to mimic everything they do. 

sethrb101

I will never understand the comparison of Lorde to Lana. While both being alternative, they couldn't be more different :shadow:

#Gaga2020

vyniildisk
4 hours ago, Riri said:

This just screams Britney

shocked love and hip hop GIF

SERIOUSLY wtf, if that video didnt have a title i could finish thinking it was Britney the entire time, how they got away with that, such shameless and dumb move

vyniildisk
4 hours ago, bluemonkey said:

Very true about Jlo...

but with Britney, the label showed her Robyn’s music and videos and said this is the direction they are going to which she said “I like it, it makes me want to dance. why is she not dancing in her videos?” Don’t downplay what’s she has done. She pretty much took that and made it her own by adding her own touches. What makes it work with her is she’s able to have the right balance naughty and nice. Something labels couldn’t get exactly right. 

Is this the Robyn that Britneys was based on?

vyniildisk
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Britney - Every single label wanted to have a Britney kind of superstar and it was really OBVIOUS. 

Every single one of those mentioned had wannabes but not in a way that all labels literally tried to mimic everything they do. 

So why you did not vote for Britney girl? i am checking and your vote is nowhere to be found

Regina George
1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

So why you did not vote for Britney girl? i am checking and your vote is nowhere to be found

I did girl.. :laughga:

Archived