⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Scotland to be the 1st country to add LGBTQ+ history to school curriculum

Werk

"Scotland is set to become the first country in the world to introduce LGBTQ+ inclusive lessons to their school curriculum.⁠

In 2021, all public schools will receive lessons in issues faced by the LGBTQ+ community such as same-sex marriage, same-sex parenting, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and the HIV and AIDS epidemic."

John Swinney, Deputy First Minister and Education Secretary, praised the historic news.

“Scotland is already considered one of the most progressive countries in Europe for LGBTI [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex] equality,” he said in a statement.

“I am delighted to announce we will be the first country in the world to have LGBTI inclusive education embedded within the curriculum.”

 

 

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/138273/scotland-will-become-the-first-country-in-the-world-to-add-lgbtq-history-to-school-curriculum/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-gaytimes&utm_content=later-8341973&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 17
  • Love 25
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gracious Gaga

yay! hopefully more will do this!

there should also be classes about racism

♥ Kindness Police.
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter

They should do this worldwide. 

American news and social networking service.
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rj Barker

Amazing. The sooner Scotland get their independence the better. They have proven time and time again that they are miles ahead of England. Also Nicola sturgeon is a fantastic leader. :heart:

  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gracious Gaga
50 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

yay! hopefully more will do this!

there should also be classes about racism

@Twitter wait why did you laugh??:wtf:

♥ Kindness Police.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter
34 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

@Twitter wait why did you laugh??:wtf:

LMAO to the part about having a class on racism. That will never work. 

American news and social networking service.
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

LMAO to the part about having a class on racism. That will never work. 

I guess (im from America) American history classes shouldn't be sugar coated and white washed. I've learned a lot of distributing and racist things about the history of my country over the last couple months that I was never taught in school yet I was taught to be proud of America and taught about all its great accomplishments.  schools shouldn't hide the uncomfortable facts about the things this country has done wrong while teaching us about the history of it. :shrug: idk what do u think :huh: lol im white so idk lol :heart:

♥ Kindness Police.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modern Ecstasy2
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

LMAO to the part about having a class on racism. That will never work. 

If it can work with other forms of oppression (such as homophobia, transphobia etc in this case), why couldn’t it work for racism?

She/Her/Hers

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter
8 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I guess (im from America) American history classes shouldn't be sugar coated and white washed. I've learned a lot of distributing and racist things about the history of my country over the last couple months that I was never taught in school yet I was taught to be proud of America and taught about all its great accomplishments.  schools shouldn't hide the uncomfortable facts about the things this country has done wrong while teaching us about the history of it. :shrug: idk what do u think :huh: lol im white so idk lol :heart:

I’m from NY just like you and I think a class teaching racism will never be a thing and if that ever happens it needs to be taught the correct way. The closest non black people will learn about racism in history class is if you take an African American studies course in high school or college. 

8 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

If it can work with other forms of oppression (such as homophobia, transphobia etc in this case), why couldn’t it work for racism?

It could work, but I don’t think will be successful teaching a racism class.

American news and social networking service.
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gagaschickens

This should happen at my school as well, to piss of my homophobic teachers 

Where goin'?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
xoxo Craig

Told you :ally:   I'm always more than proud to say I'm Scottish. I wish I had this when I was in school, but will help other kids growing up for sure

End Racism Now
  • Love 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
xoxo Craig
17 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I’m from NY just like you and I think a class teaching racism will never be a thing and if that ever happens it needs to be taught the correct way. The closest non black people will learn about racism in history class is if you take an African American studies course in high school or college. 

It could work, but I don’t think will be successful teaching a racism class.

I think that racism is a taught thing. We have been taught to hate. Anything that is taught and be unlearned... especially when at that level. It might not work in the US, but here (which is already a more open and welcoming country) if we teach kids the history of oppression and build it from there, I think it will help

End Racism Now
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HEARTSTOP

I stan that country :diane:

Just get back to the EU already so I can easily move there.

"Human stupidity knows no bounds." - Some Old Crazy Guy, Probably

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter
8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I think that racism is a taught thing. We have been taught to hate. Anything that is taught and be unlearned... especially when at that level. It might not work in the US, but here

That’s exactly what I’m saying. In the US that will be very difficult to teach. On top of that you need the correct instructor. It would also be offensive to have a white teacher teach the class. 

Similar to what I said to @Economy in another thread. Americans are more big on labelling race than other nations. So a class like this might be taught better in other areas than the US. 

American news and social networking service.
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NFRockwell
8 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I guess (im from America) American history classes shouldn't be sugar coated and white washed. I've learned a lot of distributing and racist things about the history of my country over the last couple months that I was never taught in school yet I was taught to be proud of America and taught about all its great accomplishments.  schools shouldn't hide the uncomfortable facts about the things this country has done wrong while teaching us about the history of it. :shrug: idk what do u think :huh: lol im white so idk lol :heart:

I took AP coursed history in high school (in Texas of all states) and nothing ever seemed sugar coated :bear: our lessons always included “touchy” subject matter regarding racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc. Maybe it’s possible I learned this stuff because I was in AP? Idk. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...