💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K.Rowling Liked A Tweet Comparing Hormone Prescription To Antidepressants

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Sassy McSass

I’ll talk about what I know. Medication should be used as a last resort in psychiatry depending on the case. Sometimes you can treat a patient with therapy only, but sometimes you can’t. It’s physiologic. I don’t think these people (JK and the other person) should be talking about it unless they have the actual academic knowledge to. But then again it’s twitter, so what can we expect?

TL;DR: you can have your opinion and it’s fine, but don’t try to present it as a fact just because you think you’re right. That’s a common problem these days.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bjaf

Where are the people who said they “understood her point of view” now?

She literally needs for her platform to be taken away from her. This rhetoric is extremely dangerous — trans people are dying because of transphobia, there is absolutely no excuse to be rehashing this dated perspective and sharing it with such a huge audience.

flyaway
2 hours ago, JK Rowling said:

I get where she’s coming from but she’s not in the position to be making such tweets. :triggered:

Why is she so obsessed with proving people wrong?

Confused Over It GIF

On Twitter of all places.. :laughga:

What are u doin' m'am? 

Stop posting on twitter JK Rowling :billie:

MANiCURE 6

Maybe she really wants to be cancelled :bear:

Even her fans aren't supporting her anymore (and I was one of them...) :nooo:

Regina George
9 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

The fact I haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books lmao

This is the REAL Harry Potter imo

340?cb=20120630181907

I think we should separate art from it’s artist. It’s actually a pretty good book and it holds some beautiful memories I had as a child. Movies are pretty good also. Even tho she herself seems to be ignorant, she truly created something beautiful and I personally can’t stop loving Harry Potter and it’s world. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I think we should separate art from it’s artist. It’s actually a pretty good book and it holds some beautiful memories I had as a child. Movies are pretty good also. Even tho she herself seems to be ignorant, she truly created something beautiful and I personally can’t stop loving Harry Potter and it’s world. 

I was joking, sorry if that came out as rude. To be honest, I don’t really want to read them. I’m more interest in books that deal with social issues and I don’t really enjoy book series besides The Hunger Games. Sorry

ShayCristoforo

Freedom of speech is fine, until you become this obsessive and problematic. It's just disappointing and gross. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Regina George
12 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I was joking, sorry if that came out as rude. To be honest, I don’t really want to read them. I’m more interest in books that deal with social issues and I don’t really enjoy book series besides The Hunger Games. Sorry

No I didn’t mean it like that.. I was mostly talking about people being like “I will burn my HP collection.” I mean she already got that money and you burning it won’t change that.

Seeka
6 hours ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

can we please focus on the real threats towards the transgender community rather than a woman with verbal diarrhoea?? 

this isn’t constructive, isn’t helping anyone and is blinding trans and trans allies from actual transphobia that is harming our community:madge:

While you are right, there is much more harmful people and more transphobia going on entirely unrelated to J.K. Rowling, let us not pretend she won't start a butterfly effect. She is a person of power and influence. There's already been a politician who has quoted her while working on laws that would further harm the community. 

While yes, attacking J.K. Rowling is just lip service, acting like some people won't see her and decide to be openly more hateful and just butterfly effects in general, is also something we shouldn't ignore. 

Plus people can do both. Fight the good fight and cancel J.K. Rowling. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes with everyone. 

TSUNAMI

Can we ban topics about her? 

Do we really want to give her even more relevance by bringing this negativity here? There is nothing to discuss, she is wrong and is justifying hate and we shouldn't help her with that because this negativity really sticks to us. 

Imagine being a trans and a diehard HP fan. 

So tragic and sad that one of my childhood heroes is so closed minded. 

I am disappointed and disqusted. 

FrederickSpears
8 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I recommend The Land Of Stories, written by Chris Colfer, a gay man that was on Glee! 

imageService?profileId=12026540&itemId=1

One of the BEST book series' I've EVER read and it can get you hooked on Fairy Tales! :firega:

They are making these into a movie I heard as well! He is a fantastic author and I hope more people check these books out. He's very successful but he deserves JK's HP success with these books.

FrederickSpears

I don't know what happened to the author that use to be so loving and accepting but it's very sad. Maybe she never was. I will continue to love and cherish the Harry Potter books and movies, but anything new by JK will not be supported by me. The Fantastic Beasts movies suck anyway, and so do these new books she's done. I'm over her completely.

Xoxo Adriana
32 minutes ago, Seeka said:

While you are right, there is much more harmful people and more transphobia going on entirely unrelated to J.K. Rowling, let us not pretend she won't start a butterfly effect. She is a person of power and influence. There's already been a politician who has quoted her while working on laws that would further harm the community. 

While yes, attacking J.K. Rowling is just lip service, acting like some people won't see her and decide to be openly more hateful and just butterfly effects in general, is also something we shouldn't ignore. 

Plus people can do both. Fight the good fight and cancel J.K. Rowling. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes with everyone. 

i agree with this entirely, but there are people out there that can do a greater deal of damage than this woman. think of anti-LGBTQ companies, transphobes who go out looking to find the next trans victim to destroy or possibly kill (there’s actual mentally ill sickos like this freely out there) and politicians who could get/are in office making anti-trans laws. 

i do get where you’re coming from, but focusing on her directly isn’t constructive at all. if we wanna kill two or more birds with one stone, we must aim at bigger threats/targets first. once we make progress and the bigger piles of trash are taken out, of course we can help educate people who aren’t woke of trans rights/issues. imo she shouldn’t be talking about it/repetitively returning to trans issues on twitter, it’s only making herself look worse and comes across as confused in some of her tweets.

also no offence to her but she’s a 50 something year old woman, at that age you’d think she’d be mature. she doesn’t need us telling her right from wrong. there’s google and there’s books, better still she could educate herself further by speaking to trans people. if she doesn’t see the big picture by now it’s clear she doesn’t wanna learn, what else can we do really? :/ 

38 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

They are making these into a movie I heard as well! He is a fantastic author and I hope more people check these books out. He's very successful but he deserves JK's HP success with these books.

Oh agree completely! :firega:

I can’t WAIT for the film! It’s gonna be awesome! :firega:

Pennywise
7 hours ago, Dramatica said:

If anything, people being rude to her has led her to believe that she's right even more. We should've given her less attention when she talked about trans people in the first place, maybe she would have moved on, and not made a total focus on her transphobia

Inaction never, ever helps. The blame is solely on the transphobes themselves, not on any of us. To say otherwise is akin to gaslighting, and I won't stand for it. We don't owe transphobes/homophobes civility. We do not owe them humanity. We do not owe them anything as long as they "disagree" with our fundamental human rights. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived