đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alice vs. Free Woman: Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Jase

Which do you think would be the bigger hit?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Featured Posts

On 7/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Although it took me a while to put Alice up there as one of the tracks I like on Chromatica, I chose it over FW.

Here's why:

My reasoning is simply because it did better than FW in every market past day 2 on streaming, and nearly every country sans America streaming is more important

if Alice was put on local playlists, it would bring in more streams. Free Woman is kind of gay and appeals to women, so it's marginalising a big percentage of potential streamers.

Although Alice would do better on radio perhaps, that wouldn't mean anything as far as streaming is concerned, as we've seen time and time again and with SL. Big airplay </> Big streaming. 

So Alice WW, FW CAN/USA

But they'd both do bad ngl :selena:

It has better streams because the fans are streaming it. Nobody else is. If it's released as a single, that won't change. It's streaming numbers would remain the same. Free Woman has the potential to connect with the GP. Alice won't.

All Gaga songs are gay. Gaga's main target are the gays but she should also be targeting women. Free Woman does that.

But yes, both would flop. Free Woman would peak at like #19 on radio, Alice at #24.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtpopAct2

Both are great choices honestly. I can’t pick one. Have great choruses I could see people belting. 

I guess Alice is more risky due to the robot second verse. It’s way more deep house I feel like too. Free Woman has great feel-good lyrics that are easy to relate to

Franch Toast

Free Woman will resonate with the GP more. It's much more radio-friendly than Alice, plus it's a feel good, feminist anthem. 

She/Her/Hers

Franch Toast

Also, y'all realize Alice charted because it's the first track on the album, not including Chromatica I. :huntyga:

(I like Alice more than Free Woman, but fan faves do not equal what the GP eats up.) 

She/Her/Hers

KillerMonster

Free Woman for me. Its super fun to dance too! 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

If you waterboarded me into naming a skip on Chromatica, neither of these two songs would be on my mind, but I do prefer Free Woman, and from a hitmaking point of view I don't think Alice helps itself with an intro that many people won't get past.

SCHEISSEMONTRE

who ever said Alice is delulu. Free Woman would probably be a good Radio Hit 

Mychal

Levine

Nobody from the GP I know liked Free Woman better than Alice, like literally nobody. Nobody in the fandom like FW over Alice too. 

Since I'm tired thinking about what would work on radio (because if US radio didn't play ROM, they won't play any other song from Chromatica so **** them), my choice is Alice.

Levine
7 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

who ever said Alice is delulu. Free Woman would probably be a good Radio Hit 

Oh WE are delulu? European radio will play Alice more, we're stanning more darkish songs now (see Kings and Queens by Ava) and US radio well, I don't think I need to bring them up right? Or you are one of those who think that after NOT playing Stupid Love and Rain On Me they will play a third single instead?

SCHEISSEMONTRE
Just now, Levine said:

Oh WE are delulu? European radio will play Alice more, we're stanning more darkish songs now (see Kings and Queens by Ava) and US radio well, I don't think I need to bring them up right? Or you are one of those who think that after NOT playing Stupid Love and Rain On Me they will play a third single instead?

omg its a joke...I don't actually mean that y'all are delulu

Mychal

Archived