Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

UMG Stores Support responds to the Signed CDs

Lighter

Featured Posts

HorusRa2

I find it fascinating that people will go to the most crazy lengths to defend Gaga to the point of being unreasonable. I don't blame Gaga in this instance (at least not entirely) but I think it's a lot more complicated than the really simple takes in the thread here.  

Like, she may not be the person who called the shots with the merchandise (okay). She may be trying her best to sign everything (okay) but I think most real fans would be happy to wait a few more weeks to have an excellent signature. 

I'm also just speculating but I'm sure Gaga at some level wanted to give an autograph out of love and compassion for her fans and thought this would be a great way to say thank you to her fans. It's just that everyone wants her signature so the demand is very high and there's only 1 person to sign all those albums. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jase
14 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Interflop probably had some intern sign thousands of copies with a Z/L :billie:

nope

Shaney

Who cares if they're fake, Gaga sent out hundreds of cards like that, I got mine and it's a f*ckin check mark.

FlopSlurper
6 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

I'm also just speculating but I'm sure Gaga at some level wanted to give an autograph out of love and compassion for her fans and thought this would be a great way to say thank you to her fans. It's just that everyone wants her signature so the demand is very high and there's only 1 person to sign all those albums. 

she didn't have to do this if it was too much, or could've been very limited like previous eras. They obviously wanted to boost sales by doing this even if they knew they couldn't deliver what was promised.

PrinceOfTheStorm
1 hour ago, AMURER said:

You all complaining to UMG makes me feel embarrased... Sure, it's a half assed signature and she should have signed a smaller number, but for gods sake, Gaga touched your f***ing card and you didn't pay thousands for that!

did she though?

i mean there's the possibility she didn't sign most of these and they were handled by different people. so at that point you get a half assed signature and it wasn't by gaga

wouldn't that be something

signing out

Mocchi
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

what is this logic? she put out a bad signature, and people are allowed to be upset about it. gaga does not have to exist in a bubble where no criticism can reach her. that’s just not real life. i feel bad for her in the sense that it doesn’t seem like it was something she wanted to do, either at all or to the extent she did it. but if you get a product that isn’t as advertised (an L is not an autograph no matter how you spin it, sorry) you are allowed to complain about it. idk why everyone wants to treat gaga like a child who can’t take criticisms, that’s really insulting.

Sure, complain all you want, but then don't act surprised if she doesn't interact with her fanbase like she used to

FrederickSpears

I still haven't gotten mine and it hasn't shipped. I'm in the US. Am I the only one? :madge:

FATCAT
6 minutes ago, AMURER said:

don't act surprised if she doesn't interact with her fanbase like she used to

She already barely interacts with fans, I doubt anyone could tell if she changed that even less.

Purr more, hiss less.

TimisaMonster
On 6/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, AMURER said:

You all complaining to UMG makes me feel embarrased... Sure, it's a half assed signature and she should have signed a smaller number, but for gods sake, Gaga touched your f***ing card and you didn't pay thousands for that! I think it's so selfish to complain cause it doesn't look good in your frame. This will reach Gaga, so just for a second forget about your beautiful frame and put yourself in her shoes once she knows about all the complains :madge:

Are you kidding me? I should feel embarassed? You literally admit it's a AND I QUOTE "half assed signature"

So I paid for a card touched by Gaga not a signature? :oprah: I'm complaining because it's not even anything...it's literally a zig zag...and some got clearly full names from her so the quality is not the same all around. I hope it does reach Gaga, because I still want to imagine she didn't sit there and think that was gonna pass by hardcore fans and we would just "put up with it".

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Clarity

I love Gaga but a lot of other artist give decent signatures... and the fact that there is huge delay + the fact they sold it as « signed booklet » but it’s a card + the fact u can get an L, it feels a lot. I know it’s kinda free but we paid the CD for the signature let’s be honest. And I don’t like that there is so much differences between signatures. We pay the same thing but you can get a L, LG, LGaga, Lady Gaga and so on. That is not really fair in a way. I don’t blame Gaga I blame them to have sold too many cards. We all know how busy she has been lately with her involvement in covid and BLM, so idk if that was such a good idea...:icega:

gypsy101
14 hours ago, blankpaper said:

It was the same price as the unsigned cd. So the signature itself was basically free because you still got the cd 

i still haven't gotten it and i already have 2 copies from when i got chromatica ball tickets...

so it wasn't free in any way for me tbh

KeepItCool
18 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

i still haven't gotten it and i already have 2 copies from when i got chromatica ball tickets...

so it wasn't free in any way for me tbh

Wasn’t free for me either...I have Apple Music and I bought the Target edition for the extra tracks.  I paid for the autograph.

River

tbh she's been lazy with her fans since the Joanne era when the M&G were 10 seconds of interaction.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived