💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

From Russia with Love - The Russian music thread

Cherry Blues

Featured Posts

Cherry Blues

The-Russian-Unity-day-728x430.png

When people think of Russia the thoughts are mostly balalaika, onion domes, matryoshkas, vodka, putin, cossacks, corruption, beautiful girls, bears, bad streets...and so on. 

The thread about gay acceptance by country inspired me to made this thread. Altough in Russia there is a large conservative society the music and its scence is interesting - also from gay-perspective. There are not only many good musicians, but also gay culture.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cherry Blues

Klava Koka celebrates in her video gay culture. The guy in blue is a gay icon in Russia. This song is a hit in Russia right now

Cherry Blues

He is one of my favourite Russian singers. The muscovite Feduk. This is his new track. Its about stay yourself. The video is so cool 😎 

Ororo Munroe

Omg, thank you for this thread! 

I want to share an old music video by Vintage! This song is a bop and about lesbian love 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Cherry Blues

Nobody Talks that. But Sergey Lazarev is gay. He already made many hints about that on his songs. His new Song Labyrinth. I like the artful video...

I'm from Russia but ironically I almost don't listen to any Russian songs at all :messga:

there's one relatively new singer I've come to enjoy lately (Monetochka)

her last album was amazing :vegas:

she's like a Russian version of Billie Eilish a bit, but I kinda like her a lot more than Billie. her songs seem to be more ironic and have funny tongue-in-cheek references. 

I also really enjoyed this song last year too

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

I need to ask, why is Scandinavia and Finland on that map:selena:

Anyways, i like some Eurovision performance from there :) 

Ororo Munroe
4 minutes ago, Rino said:

I'm from Russia but ironically I almost don't listen to any Russian songs at all :messga:

there's one relatively new singer I've come to enjoy lately (Monetochka)

her last album was amazing :vegas:

she's like a Russian version of Billie Eilish a bit, but I kinda like her a lot more than Billie. her songs seem to be more ironic and have funny tongue-in-cheek references. 

I also really enjoyed this song last year too

This song is also a bop

1 minute ago, ororo munroe said:

This song is also a bop

it's nice but not really my cup of tea :selena:

but it did go viral in Russia in March / April, when COVID hysteria was at its peak in the country. people were filming themselves dancing on their balconies to this song :gaycat:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

16 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

Omg, thank you for this thread! 

I want to share an old music video by Vintage! This song is a bop and about lesbian love 

omg this song is one of my faves :giveup:

reminds me so much of my school years. I used to listen to it like crazy :giveup:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Ororo Munroe
Just now, Rino said:

omg this song is one of my faves :giveup:

reminds me so much of my school years. I used to listen to it like crazy :giveup:

It was a huge radio hit! :bradley: This album by Vintage is amazing 

3 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

It was a huge radio hit! :bradley: This album by Vintage is amazing 

I also used to be really into Glyukoza in middle school, even though she did shamelessly rip off Gorillaz with her cartoonish MVs :huntyga:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Ororo Munroe
9 minutes ago, Rino said:

I also used to be really into Glyukoza in middle school, even though she did shamelessly rip off Gorillaz with her cartoonish MVs :huntyga:

I was obsessed with her :messga: I didn't know about Gorillaz at that time, so these cartoons were huge deal for me :giveup: Also her songs were so addictive, she was the moment :whitney:

1 minute ago, ororo munroe said:

I was obsessed with her :messga: I didn't know about Gorillaz at that time, so these cartoons were huge deal for me :giveup: Also her songs were so addictive, she was the moment :whitney:

I'm starting to suspect that you might be from Russia. are you from Russia too sis? :green:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Archived