Billie Eilish unfollows Justin Bieber, XXTENTACION, and Chris Brown on IG

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quartz

21 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

How would her unfollowing abusers make you feel compelled to say this? :saladga:

2 hours ago, Quartz said:

Not exactly just this. Just her whole persona.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Xoxo Adriana
1 hour ago, Cello said:

Why does it matter whether she follows them or not? :huh:

in reality it doesn’t, but morally that just isn’t it. especially for all those artists following her who’ve promoted her, given her inspiration and supported her all to just unfollow them all. do you not see something wrong with this?:huh:

sashunya

Why do people seem to never do stuff like this by their own timing and decisions? I find it weird that something has to be trending in order for this to happen. When XXXTentacion was getting popular, his main controversy generally involved him being abusive (I'm not clear on the details). And Chris Brown being an abuser was also talked about for several years. I'm not coming for Billie, but I notice a lot of people doing this now. I feel like this sort of attitude comes from cancel culture.

Musicisfreedom

This feels so performative. Wasn't she close with XXXTENTACION? Why didn't she speak out then?

Bitch I'm Madonna

monketsharona
3 hours ago, March34th said:

unfortunately a lot of celebrities are predators and they're being exposed for it as they should.

True but it's not because there's some predators that everyone is. Let's not diminish victims voices but let's not blindly believe anyone too.

If I create a Twitter account tomorrow saying I'm a 14 year old girl and Barack Obama raped me. Would you believe it ?

There a lot of mess about fake accusations lately (is this a new trend ?), let's being precautious about what we read on social medias. 

As far as I know Bieber said he has some evidences proving he is fakely accused and he will take some legal procedures. Let's wait and see what happens. 

edengowon

you all forget that social media is the biggest platform in modern society. unfollowing somebody contributes to taking away their platform, and if you do that for someone who is hateful or allegedly a criminal, you're helping to deplatform them and prevent them from sharing potentially harmful views. virtue signalling would be unliking a tweet, or taking down a video, but unfollowing somebody DOES actually have an impact.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Thomas P
31 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

in reality it doesn’t, but morally that just isn’t it. especially for all those artists following her who’ve promoted her, given her inspiration and supported her all to just unfollow them all. do you not see something wrong with this?:huh:

No tbh. A lot of artists unfollow everyone, because their Instagram is no longer meant to be used for fun, but for business. It’s not that big. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

March34th
5 hours ago, Debithius said:

Investigate before trying to expose somebody. I understand that a lot of the cases with male celebrities are true BUT when they arent, their lives are still tarnished and nobody cares cause they are men. That’s sick.

if someone has receipts or is exhibiting trauma then that's enough evidence, and if you were assaulted you should come forward if you are comfortable, saying we should investigate before exposing a rapist is not helpful for the victim. i do not feel bad for abusive people having their lives ruined.

i haven't seen evidence out of the JB stuff but the Ansel elgort stuff for example has shown a lot of proof without a proper investigation. don't forget also that the judicial system makes it extremely difficult to prosecute people who have assaulted someone else. We can't just focus so much on waiting for due process. if a survivor is legit traumatized then something happened, and if they have text receipts or their story lines up with the abuser being near them on x date for example, then we need to take that into account.

i think in general celebrities aren't great people and i would not be surprised if people like JB (who has a criminal record and has been a sh*t disturber ever since he was a teenager) has sexually assaulted someone. I'm not saying he is guilty but I'm also not going to take his side automatically. I hope the people who came forward about him get the assistance they need and the support they need if they are telling the truth.

I give survivors the benefit of the doubt because i was raped as a teenager and i understand how difficult it is to get anyone to listen to you. our culture acts as if everyone is recording their surroundings 24/7 or something with many people demanding "concrete evidence" besides a testimony or screenshots or stuff.

Leoj305
6 hours ago, Quartz said:

I think Billie is talented. I also think she takes herself too seriously-- like she's untouchable or something.

Famous at 17 does that. 

In 2009 Gaga was asked about her 4 straight top 40 #1s and was compared to MJ and she said she was a year younger and aiming for his records. 

not to say she wasn’t capable, but it shows u if you put your mind to it and that w fame u believe you can do anything especially at a young age sometimes. 

March34th
4 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Justin Bieber is an abuser? Since when? I hate Justin Bieber but people are annoying. False allegations on Twitter by a trolling Bieber obsessed stan have been exposed as being fake and Bieber even posted receipts. But now he's branded as an "abuser". So "woke" 

iron man eye roll GIF

imagine hearing a rape allegation and automatically assuming they're lying and not showing an ounce of compassion. it has nothing to do with being "woke". 

papergangster

Why is everyone so hot and bothered by what she does with her Instagram as if it affects their lives directly? 

Archived