LOL For the gays she is definately going to flop gay music is not mainstream

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ICouldntThinkOfOne
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

yeah, because gaga invented dance-crying:huntyga:

but of course, katy’s copying gags:billie:

No one claimed Gaga invented dancing with tears. However, Katy has a history of doing exactly what Gaga does and claiming it as her own, in fact, her entire image is based on what other women in music are doing successfully and turning it into a Macdonald's mash-up.

Claiming you have a song about dancing through pain and dancing with tears, called teary eyed, as Gaga is riding on the success of a number one song is copying. Its calculated and planned to create associations.

HEARTSTOP
44 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Yeah, but Katy always says it right after Gaga.

It's not the first time tbh :billie:

I mean, it's obvious she follows what Gaga does closely, you know she puts too much importance on the numbers she gets (insert clip of her crying for not getting #1 on an uber successful song).

It's just that usually, she follows Gaga's lead on the next album, which makes her sound late to the party... I thought this album was going the same way, following Joanne/ASIB's lead with the songs she's put out so far (Daisies, Never Worn White...), but it seems she is regretting her decision and wants to go more in the Chromatica/Future Nostalgia direction. I'm sure she had those similar types of songs laying around to edit them into the album.

The reason I think she even postponed the album is to distance herself a bit from Gaga, but also to analyze the numbers she does with what type of songs.

I really hope/wish that she proves me wrong and breaks from the mold, because she always works hard enough to get a Grammy but she will never get it by being a follower...unless she turns to rap music, where everyone seems to win Grammys randomly.

IDGAF

FentyGa
2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

No one claimed Gaga invented dancing with tears. However, Katy has a history of doing exactly what Gaga does and claiming it as her own, in fact, her entire image is based on what other women in music are doing successfully and turning it into a Macdonald's mash-up.

Claiming you have a song about dancing through pain and dancing with tears, called teary eyed, as Gaga is riding on the success of a number one song is copying. Its calculated and planned to create associations.

I'd love to see some receipts:oprah:

ICouldntThinkOfOne
21 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

I'd love to see some receipts:oprah:

Im currently on my phone so I cant post links but I'll be as descriptive as possible and will update it.

Lets take the Primastic Tour.

The Opening section of the Tour is rave inspired. Everyone from light up wigs, and the styling, to the stage effects. The opening song? ROAR.

Gaga was promoting ARTPOP, an EDM record, and her tour was Rave inspired. We could talk about Green Wigs, and Mechanical Horses but that's been done already. Theres also the green puke scene. The costuming for opening, and the props is very similar to Chers opening section of her Vegas show also.

There's backdrops for the egyptian section that could be taken directly from Britney's previous Femme Fatale Tour. The giant inflatables and Random characters on stage for the same section was literally what Miley was doing with Bangerz. 

The neon section towards the end was done in Britneys Vegas show, also.

These are off the top of my head. My point? Katy's prismatic tour came after all of these, and were all within a two year time frame, so very recent in pop memory, but all recognisable features of each tour, mashed together in Katys.

maryloo
51 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I thought BTW was for attractive people that are into occultism and soft pop dance metal  rock :triggered:

Sounds reasonable too. 

Just A Holy Fool

Inb4 she announces a collab with Boy George next... titled... Rumble from Below :stalkga:

SchwineLove

Thank God Gaga gives her huge inspiration because when Katy references, it actually could be a polished and commercial-ready production. When Gaga references, she let whatever artistic Angels requested her to make.

vyniildisk
3 hours ago, HighRoad said:

Katy really gonna join Gaga to save pop music. We love a true queen :firega:

Yeah... join :bon:

SchwineLove
34 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Im currently on my phone so I cant post links but I'll be as descriptive as possible and will update it.

Lets take the Primastic Tour.

The Opening section of the Tour is rave inspired. Everyone from light up wigs, and the styling, to the stage effects. The opening song? ROAR.

Gaga was promoting ARTPOP, an EDM record, and her tour was Rave inspired. We could talk about Green Wigs, and Mechanical Horses but that's been done already. Theres also the green puke scene. The costuming for opening, and the props is very similar to Chers opening section of her Vegas show also.

There's backdrops for the egyptian section that could be taken directly from Britney's previous Femme Fatale Tour. The giant inflatables and Random characters on stage for the same section was literally what Miley was doing with Bangerz. 

The neon section towards the end was done in Britneys Vegas show, also.

These are off the top of my head. My point? Katy's prismatic tour came after all of these, and were all within a two year time frame, so very recent in pop memory, but all recognisable features of each tour, mashed together in Katys.

Yeah Katy stole ideas, but her team is more professional and commercial-minded. It's almost shameless for Katy at this point. But actually I'm interested to see how it turns out.

SchwineLove
1 hour ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I mean, it's obvious she follows what Gaga does closely, you know she puts too much importance on the numbers she gets (insert clip of her crying for not getting #1 on an uber successful song).

It's just that usually, she follows Gaga's lead on the next album, which makes her sound late to the party... I thought this album was going the same way, following Joanne/ASIB's lead with the songs she's put out so far (Daisies, Never Worn White...), but it seems she is regretting her decision and wants to go more in the Chromatica/Future Nostalgia direction. I'm sure she had those similar types of songs laying around to edit them into the album.

The reason I think she even postponed the album is to distance herself a bit from Gaga, but also to analyze the numbers she does with what type of songs.

I really hope/wish that she proves me wrong and breaks from the mold, because she always works hard enough to get a Grammy but she will never get it by being a follower...unless she turns to rap music, where everyone seems to win Grammys randomly.

I just wish she goes back to pop rock sound like in One Of The Boys (especially the title track)

Archived