Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lady Antebellum Change Band Name: “We Are Deeply Sorry”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

littlepotter

Why is EVERYBODY so triggered over them changing their name? :air: if it feels right to them let them do it. The funniest thing to me will always be the anti"political correctness" activists who end up always being more offended than the politically correct.

chaeri pls

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madam Margolyes
35 minutes ago, Gagi said:

When will Gaga finally change her name to Lady G because Gaga offends mentally challenged people? :flutter:

Unfortunately that name is taken :bradley:

1 minute ago, mauvais said:

The type of houses in question...

whitney-plantation-louisiana.jpg

the-whitney-map-1.jpg?auto=compress,form

Yeah I mean it's awful what happened hundreds of years ago, but neither a slave owner nor a slave were harmed in the naming of this band, and it doesnt encourage a sudden upturn in slavery popularity.

Is Britney Spears editing her back catalogue?

These changes people are making dont seem to bare any impact on the cause but are instead a way to distract from the REAL things that need changing.

TimisaMonster

Extra...:smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Allan
12 minutes ago, KORG said:

Yeah I mean it's awful what happened hundreds of years ago, but neither a slave owner nor a slave were harmed in the naming of this band, and it doesnt encourage a sudden upturn in slavery popularity.

Is Britney Spears editing her back catalogue?

These changes people are making dont seem to bare any impact on the cause but are instead a way to distract from the REAL things that need changing.

It brings awareness, makes people question themselves and their culture. How many words and expressions do we know have a racist or slavery-related background? How much of the slavery culture is still present in our day-to-day life and goes unnoticed? The change of name has a long lasting impact because from now on every new fan will question what the A stands for and will learn about the story behind it. We won't progress as a society if we don't ackowledge our past of racism and prejudice. There are a multitude of things that need to change and also a multitude of ways to help, in a smaller or larger scale, but I honestly can't see what they did as a distraction.

March34th
1 hour ago, Slovakialop said:

This political correctness is too much

its not "political correctness"

Antebellum is a name associated with the American civil war.

Yall need to stop getting fake outraged about people doing the right thing and ridding themselves and society of systematic racism and this romanticism that everyone seems to have about the Confederacy/Dixie. It's gross.

FrederickSpears

Most fans knew that it was always named after the house where they did their very first photoshoot. However, I don't have a problem with the name change. They are very liberal so I'm not surprised they want to change this and good for them.

FrederickSpears
3 minutes ago, March34th said:

its not "political correctness"

Antebellum is a name associated with the American civil war.

Yall need to stop getting fake outraged about people doing the right thing and ridding themselves and society of systematic racism and this romanticism that everyone seems to have about the Confederacy/Dixie. It's gross.

It's named after a housing style, where they did the very first photoshoot for the group.

ToxicHot

Congratulations. They ended racism. :neyde:

On a serious note, I’m glad they finally recognized the significance of the term. But the fact that it was called that in the first place is almost unsettling. It’s amazing how things have resorted to this...

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

alsemanche

I mean the name isn't worst thing ever but if they don't feel comfortable keeping it then let them change it. Why is everyone so triggered lmao. Y'all love to jump on a 'political correctness' hate train whenever something similar happens :huntyga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Reginald

:ladyhaha:

Lots of people in this thread are pressed about a name change from a band I'm sure most of us have never heard of, and wouldn't enjoy, if we listened to.

Celebrate the fact that they're being supportive, don't mock them for at least trying to inspire change, even if it is a little off the mark. 

pachinko
2 hours ago, Slovakialop said:

This political correctness is too much

When will you? :ally:

Morphine Prince

Good for them. It’s pathetic that people are criticizing them for this. It’s their name and they can do whatever they want with it. 

Antebellum is basically a style, an aesthetic based on their post. But if they also don’t want to be associated with other things from the time it is well within their right to change it. 

Archived