Celebs are at it again (BLM)

Babel

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
8 hours ago, justhislife said:

So are they supposed to show solidarity or not?

It would be much more powerful if they talked about concrete things they're doing instead of saying the same old **** all over again. What the heck does "I take responsibility" even mean. Tell us how. Tell us what you're doing.

It does and will look disingenuous because people are over celebs singing or talking about things they don't embody.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

buzzkill

i saw it on instagram and was like WTF

and felt so relieve gaga wasn't involve in this... i dont even know how to label...

NFRatwell

This is why I’m luck we stan someone who knows how to be a philanthropist without making a fool of herself 

Kimblue

How is it different than this? This got nothing but praise. Is it because the actors were being overly dramatic?

buzzkill
3 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

How is it different than this? This got nothing but praise. Is it because the actors were being overly dramatic?

maybe because the majority of people on this video are black? :sis:

Kimblue
Just now, jesse g said:

maybe because the people on this video are black artists? :sis:

Yeah I was wondering if it was because there were some black athletes in it. 

TortureMeOnReplay
8 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It would be much more powerful if they talked about concrete things they're doing instead of saying the same old **** all over again. What the heck does "I take responsibility" even mean. Tell us how. Tell us what you're doing.

It does and will look disingenuous because people are over celebs singing or talking about things they don't embody.

The thing everyone is looking past is how different this is than even 60 years ago. Showing this type of solidarity was the exception back then, and few would have spoken up. Sure they can individually do their own things, but that's not the point of that particular video. And no matter what they contribute or how much, people will say it's not real. So how are people supposed to speak up and inform people how much they contribute if they will be criticised either way? 

buzzkill
Just now, Kimblue said:

sorry i got the artist wrong. but probably its because of this yeah. 

derpmonster
1 minute ago, justhislife said:

The thing everyone is looking past is how different this is than even 60 years ago. Showing this type of solidarity was the exception back then, and few would have spoken up. Sure they can individually do their own things, but that's not the point of that particular video. And no matter what they contribute or how much, people will say it's not real. So how are people supposed to speak up and inform people how much they contribute if they will be criticised either way? 

I can see your point but the truth is in the age of social media, we do not need celebs' word to spread a message. It's common people's voices that need to be heard. Celebs can contribute from the sidelines instead of making videos that look like PR campaigns.

Moonlight on Water
8 hours ago, Runway said:

Whites making it about themselves. C r i n g e

racist

she/her

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

also, athletes are celebs but they're not nearly as rich as movie stars and popstars most of the time.

TortureMeOnReplay
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I can see your point but the truth is in the age of social media, we do not need celebs' word to spread a message. It's common people's voices that need to be heard. Celebs can contribute from the sidelines instead of making videos that look like PR campaigns.

Celebrities at times can have a large influence over political matters. I wouldn't say they have no role now. Also they can further energize people. Though in a way I can get what you're saying. I don't necessarily think people should be happy with what they get and not ask for more, but demanding more and invalidating any effort doesn't sound right. 

Just now, derpmonster said:

also, athletes are celebs but they're not nearly as rich as movie stars and popstars most of the time.

Not trying to make it seem like I'm coming and you being malicious by quoting you so often, and you say "most of the time" but Michael Jordan's crazy net worth (and contribution to BLM) :cryga:

ArtpopAct2

Me praying the whole time watching this hoping that Gaga wasn’t gonna be in it :billie:

Archived