💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Chromatica experimental or commercial?

Woohoo

POLL  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Experimental
    • Commercial

Featured Posts

Bobina

I think its experimental for a Gaga album, we didn't expect such commercial sound from her. At least I didn't.

"back to you, f*cker"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

Idk if I'd call it either of those. It's not hopping on any trends but it's not groundbreaking either.

It's just a great album :oops:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

TheSlash

I think it's both. In Act I ( Alice -> Fun Tonight ) you find more commercial and "radio-friendly" songs, while in Act II (911 -> Replay) there are more experimental and over-the-top productions. And Act III has smth of both worlds imo :huntyga: .

Ew, David!

River

It's experimercial

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bradley

Often the very best albums situate between the two.

After Hours and Chromatica both have that same quality. These artists are able to honor the commercial quality of their music whilst being innovative at the same time. It makes their music digestible but also fresh and unique.

2NE1LG

I'd say half and half. The first act is probably the most commercial of her entire discog (with The Cure)

TimisaMonster

I'd say it's more commercial than experimental because the sound is trending with the resurgence of retro house 80s/90s vibes 

Also continuous transitions and interludes are nothing new for albums but new for Gaga

Also the songs are all structured in a way any of them could be released as singles and are shorter for streaming numbers to increase 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

It’s a bit of both, some songs are quite commercial while others are more experimental 

Taylucifer

I got trying to be experimental while still staying commercial vibes and they didn't mix:wtfga:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

panosmonster

It's def commercial with some Gagaisms. Really enjoyable body of work.

LePythagore

People who think this is experimental are literally delusional. Chromatica is extremely safe and generic sound-wise, which makes much of its appeal. 

I think the only experimental part of Chromatica is Gaga mixing orchestral interludes with pop music. 

Still waiting for ARTPOP Act II, Original LG5, Babylon Haus Labs version, etc.

Archived