Kanye West donates $2M to families and legal teams of victims

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Ricky
2 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Good for him. At least he’s putting his money where his mouth is instead of posting a black square or performative activity. 

People can put a black square and still have donated. It's kind of invalid on how you are saying this right now, as if the ones who put black squares also had to point out that they donated. :triggered: 

Crossfit

Varys
16 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Is he still a Trump supporter?

I think that depends on if he is on his meds or not. (Im not trying to be mean I think he said it himself)

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Cookie Tookie
3 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

People can put a black square and still have donated. It's kind of invalid on how you are saying this right now, as if the ones who put black squares also had to point out that they donated. :triggered: 

There’s a difference between being performative and actually presenting money which is actually valuable and necessary in this situation. You should know that most of the people who posted a black square posted nothing else for the past week. I’m not saying everyone has to announce their donation, but donations are tangibly bailing out innocent people, keeping black businesses alive and rebuilding them, and going to organizations that actually help LGBT black people. Many black activists themselves have even said a black square is useless and diverts from the actual cause.

skaxboy
7 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Good for him. At least he’s putting his money where his mouth is instead of posting a black square or performative activity. 

I have donated money and then donated more thru my employer since they are matching contributions, protested peacefully, encouraged others to donate, and also posted a black square. Did I put my money where my mouth is? :flutter:

If people can’t donate due to high unemployment rates then I don’t think I would be upset with them just posting a little black square showing support. 

SCHEISSEMONTRE

LEGO donated $4Mil and took all of their police and other things.

Mychal

Mr Ricky
1 minute ago, Cookie Tookie said:

There’s a difference between being performative and actually presenting money which is actually valuable and necessary in this situation. You should know that most of the people who posted a black square posted nothing else for the past week.* I’m not saying everyone has to announce their donation, but donations are tangibly bailing out innocent people, keeping black businesses alive and rebuilding them, and going to organizations that actually help LGBT black people. Many black activists themselves have even said a black square is useless and diverts from the actual cause.**

* Are we talking about wealthy people or just citizens? Because normal citizens probably can't just donate because they don't have the money for it. Especially at times like now where most don't have a job anymore. But there's no way to measure it to even judge people for having done nothing. We literally can't know, neither do you though. 

** Those were meant for people who were using the wrong hashtags on their posts. 

Crossfit

Cookie Tookie
2 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

I have donated money and then donated more thru my employer since they are matching contributions, protested peacefully, encouraged others to donate, and also posted a black square. Did I put my money where my mouth is? :flutter:

If people can’t donate due to high unemployment rates then I don’t think I would be upset with them just posting a little black square showing support. 

I don’t know why y’all are personalizing it as if I’m attacking you. If you couldn’t pick up that I was referring to people like him that have a lot of wealth and have more power to make an economic impact than we do, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m saying that he didn’t simply just post BLM, and he actually did something impactful as a celebrity by donating. Y’all would have crucified him regardless if he had donated or not.

Regina George
13 minutes ago, Chic said:

Just realized this makes every voter in America awful this November :billie:

Very problematic statement from you once again but I will say this.. Kanye showed his support towards Trump personally and said MANY times that he believes in him as individual. Americans who vote for Biden aka democrats in November will vote for better party, party which is fighting for lgbt rights, black people, and overall better America. So, no.. I disagree with your statement. Voting for Biden is voting for democrats which are objectively better for America's future and this statement is proven every day. Also this is not on topic and I'd gladly continue but let's not ask for WPs. 

9 minutes ago, Regina George said:

What?.. Supporting a bad man makes you a bad man by all means :oprah:

The biggest problem with Trump is that he's a flaming racist, Kanye has decades of activism and charity under his belt for disadvantaged people that will not be erased by bitter gays. Kanye never said "I support Trump's racism." Because he doesn't. We know that when he met Trump he pushed his wife's political agenda and also pushed the issue of what's become of Chicago's slums and the people living there. Going to people in power and using your platform for what's right is the kind of activism that made me love Gaga in the first place.

However first and foremost what we won't do is erase a black man's voice on these issues, in a thread about $2m in donations toward it no less. You should feel bad for calling Kanye a bad man in this context. Very shameful. :enigma:

Chic
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Very problematic statement from you once again but I will say this.. Kanye showed his support towards Trump personally and said MANY times that he believes in him as individual. Americans who vote for Biden aka democrats in November will vote for better party, party which is fighting for lgbt rights, black people, and overall better America. So, no.. I disagree with your statement. Voting for Biden is voting for democrats which are objectively better for America's future and this statement is proven every day. Also this is not on topic and I'd gladly continue but let's not ask for WPs. 

Is Biden a good man or a bad man?

Mr Ricky
5 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I don’t know why y’all are personalizing it as if I’m attacking you. If you couldn’t pick up that I was referring to people like him that have a lot of wealth and have more power to make an economic impact than we do, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m saying that he didn’t simply just post BLM, and he actually did something impactful as a celebrity by donating. Y’all would have crucified him regardless if he had donated or not.*

It's not personal though. It's just that it doesn't make sense for people to be loud on their donations, it can be a big amount and they can be silent about it. The effect is just as much to be impactful. 

* I do crucify him for supporting Trump all these years. :vegas:

-

And please, I thanked him for donating. So I'm not ungrateful. :oprah:

Crossfit

Regina George
1 minute ago, Chic said:

Is Biden a good man or a bad man?

I think he's a good man for America. Take it as you want and don't quote me again not being on topic. 

Chic
Just now, Regina George said:

I think he's a good man for America. Take it as you want and don't quote me again not being on topic. 

I don't really know why you called my statement problematic. I personally think Trump and Biden are both bad men. Biden would be far better for America, but I was merely making a lighthearted joke within the context of their logic.

Good for America =/= good man. Voting for him is for the greater good, but the country is just proving its willingness to vote pedophiles and rapists into power even further. Why is it such a bad thing to critique the status quo?

Archived