💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga want to heal her father with Joanne

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

I’m heartbroken knowing Gaga put all those effort into healing her family just for her father to absorb nothing from it. And it caused her further depression. Let’s say Gaga is musically inclined and she probably thought the way music heals her is the way music can heal her father. Did she assume that hearing a song will send her father to cloud 9. I’m also thinking, didn’t Gaga think all throughout that maybe she could be unpacking alot of trauma to her family by releasing the album. It’s sad cause her intentions were so pure and so beautiful but I think she undermined the level of trauma that comes into losing a family member and witnessing it. Healing is more than soundtrack and melodies, at least for her father probably :( 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hybrid AT

She wrote Joanne, the song, to help her father heal from the trauma. But it probably reminded him of her (Joanne) every time he heard it and his suffering refused to wane and probably had the opposite effect than what she intended

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Blastertoyo

The song maybe 

the album? 

Dancin’ In Circles? 

Surely not 

:awkney:

please enlighten me to death

Interlude

She's probably connected with music on a much deeper level that most of us can unterstand, she's channeling experiences, thoughts, feelings, pain when listening and creating music.

For the typical Joe (:ally:) it may not be so simple and it doesn't translate the same way as a track such as Speechless. It's a wound that will never heal.

It may also be the fact that it was such an open thing. Grief and loss is often dealt with privately. If she wrote the song and gave it to him, rather than naming an album and defining an era around it, it may have provided more comfort perhaps :sure:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Well you can see in 5 feet 2 that her father and her grandmother, even though touched by the song, are completely uncomfortable with that story shared to the world. 

I think she was trying to help him come to peace with everything in his life, not just Joanne specifically, but with any regrets that have held him back. She was trying to absolve him of his fears.

It seems like that’s the way she’s always gotten through to him - remember when she wrote “Speechless” to express how his stubbornness made her feel, and it strengthened their relationship? Maybe it just didn’t work as well this time around.

What she’s realized in Chromatica is that even though music is what heals her, it can’t always work for others, including family members. I feel like we’ve all tried to fix our parents’ problems at some point, but really they have to work it out themselves. I’m glad Gaga recognises that now and can continue to make the music she wants to make. For herself and for the rest of us. 

:vegas:

Benji

She had good intentions but she was a little off base with the entire era and especially the song.  The scene in five foot two where she plays the song to her grandmother and her father, she was warned to not be getting caught up in it.

We don’t know how traumatised her father  or grandmother are and I think trying to express someone else’s feelings in a song for them when you don’t actually know the person they’re mourning is near impossible.  You can understand what it means to lose someone but you can’t understand what it feels like to lose a particular someone for another being.

Her intentions were good but it sounds like she realised she couldn’t do what she wanted to do with the song / album.

Killa
Just now, Brecht said:

Well you can see in 5 feet 2 that her father and her grandmother, even though touched by the song, are completely uncomfortable with that story shared to the world. 

The grandma thing is one most uncomfort things ive saw in gagas big list of somehow cringy appearances. Good lord

Lighter
9 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Yeah she should’ve consulted them beforehand i think she was a bit utopian tbh. But it was good for her career’s direction

Lighter
11 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Her grandma literally was like please stop obsessing over this:triggered:

NY, 2016: 

GAGA: “Dad I made this song about masturbation with Beck on guitar, pls stop voting for trump and being sad”

JOE: “nah fam, just donated half of the trattoria’s rat profits to trump’s campaign” 

GAGA: :saladga::saladga::saladga:

SchwineLove

she was innocently clueless, and thought that approach can be healing. well if I were Joe I will be slightly pissed that she makes an entire album and a song with her dead sister's name. I mean, sorry Gaga, but I don't even think that's a really smooth and appropriate approach to recover her family's trauma.

Whtvrman

I think the truth is, no one needed healing in any form but when Gaga commits, she COMMITS. There's no stopping her :billie:

Archived