⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
tech

Google Sued For Tracking Users in Incognito Mode

Cody James

I could finally be able to afford a personal Gaga concert with that cash! :vegas:

lestyoufall
Posted (edited)

VPN’s coming for that top spot. If you plan on using a VPN though, make sure to look into their logging policies. Free VPN’s almost always log your activity so they can sell it & stay free. Paid VPN’s don’t log so go for those!

Edited by lovedillon

lestyoufall
17 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

from the way I read it, it doesn't mention google chrome, just browsers so I don't see Firefox being immune

Oh? I thought it did... I switched to Firefox though because it stops off-site Facebook tracking but either way I use a paid VPN so I’m not worried.

SLAG

I'm in incognito mode right now:diane:

Hi Google!:huntyga:

River
18 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Google Analytics are part of 99% of companies' marketing strategies and is found in the source code of a website. Using private mode on a different browser is not going to stop the company from learning about your session. Incognito mode doesn't hide anything other than not saving things to your browser history, items to your cache, cookies being stored after the session, etc.

In fact, I have a presentation tomorrow to go over the analytics for the month for my company's website.

25 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

from the way I read it, it doesn't mention google chrome, just browsers so I don't see Firefox being immune

I'm using noscript and blocking google + FF has a new anti-tracking feature and google analytics can be blocked

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 2

Agunimon
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, River said:

I'm using noscript and blocking google + FF has a new anti-tracking feature and google analytics can be blocked

Do you think an average consumer is going to be installing addons like noscript, especially in this day and age where JS is so prominent in website functionality? That being said, there is workarounds that are used for addons like noscript to get whatever information can be got from a session.

Edited by Agunimon

River
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

Do you think an average consumer is going to be installing addons like noscript, especially in this day and age where JS is so prominent in website functionality?

This is why FF did the anti-tracking feature, it's on automatically, it's still messy though, for a while Twitter was blocked here lol

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Agunimon
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, River said:

This is why FF did the anti-tracking feature, it's on automatically, it's still messy though, for a while Twitter was blocked here lol

I understand. I'm definitely not arguing whether or not tracking can and should be disabled. I am just trying to point out that it's within Chrome's documentation about Incognito mode that these things are still being tracked, which is accessible from clicking the link when you open a new Incognito session, so I don't really see this is a logical case. I think people just assume private means everything is private, when that's not what incognito mode does.

Edited by Agunimon

Interlude
31 minutes ago, Zeth said:

Ditch Chrome. Microsoft released a whole rebuild of their Edge browser, built off of Chromium (which is the same thing Chrome uses). All of your Chrome plugins/extensions are fully compatible, the UI is the same, and there is a greater focus on privacy control. I found it to be even faster than Chrome as well. I’ve been using it for about 6 months-ish, and I haven’t looked back once. Otherwise, there’s Firefox which is great, too.

And, as for Mac, you can’t go wrong with Safari at all. 

Omg I've been having issues with Chrome lately and Edge is so speedy, thank you!

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴍᴇ.

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, CyanLights said:

I thought this said Gaga not Google :air:

SAME I broke my hip :enigma:

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me
  • LMAO 1