opinion

Is Babylon shade to Madonna?

David Ward

Featured Posts

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, Runway said:

20th century ended 20 years ago. Babylon >>>>>

Yet 2020 music can't touch it.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

I really think they've squashed their beef and I don't think Gaga is childish enough to dedicate an entire spot in her album to a song that only serves to diss someone else... It might allude to their situation, because the song is about gossip, but if so then I definitely see it more as irony than shade, like she's laughing at the critics.

Memento
7 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I really think they've squashed their beef and I don't think Gaga is childish enough to dedicate an entire spot in her album to a song that only serves to diss someone else... It might allude to their situation, because the song is about gossip, but if so then I definitely see it more as irony than shade, like she's laughing at the critics.

This

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face

ToxicHot

Well, objectively, no. But I can see how it looks that way.

Not with the sound, but definitely with the lyrics.

Ā 

1. Song about gossip

2. "Money don't talk, rip that song" - on Genius the description for this line says: "This line seems to call to the numerous leaks Gagaā€™s music has suffered recently and over the years, dating back toĀ the leak ofĀ ApplauseĀ in 2013. She states that people can ā€œripā€ or steal/leak her songs, and even if it effects the sales or she makes from the song, it still remains special. /Ā Along with probably being about her feelings on leaks, the song is reminiscent of Vogue by Madonna. Sheā€™s referencing that itā€™s intentional in this line and how Madonna was unsupportive of her when she was upcoming."

Ā 

I don't know how true or accurate that is, but it's interesting to note.

Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

River

"serve it ancient singer style" :air:

yeah lol

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

Hybrid AT

I don't think it's a shade to Madonna, but more like a middle finger to the whole gossip and media culture. They seem to have buried their hatchet now (when their pictures emerged of the two partying at Madonna's house after Gaga won her Oscar for Shallow). But it does feel like she made it sound like it has those Vogue vibes because she knew the press would quickly pick up on that but then in the end, she's the one having the fun with the gossip, not them. It's her way to reclaim and control the narrative and if that's what she was trying to do, she's nothing short of genius tbh.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

radioactive

ā€œrip that songā€ itā€™s supposed to be meta in a way i believe...

27 minutes ago, Brecht said:

The only people who think Babylon sounds like Vogue are people who have no knowledge of house music and 90s dance music overall.

That includes Madonna fans too tbh. Their hypocrisy fails me sometimes.

They like to forget "Sugar Don't Bite" by Sam Harris too. You should check that + tel me what song it sounds like. Her team lost that hush-hush lawsuit miserably back in the 1980s.Ā 

I mean I see the Vogue similarities, but the lack of house music knowledgeĀ :saladga:

Skabi

i think its some sort of ironi or subtle shade to their entire feud and to the media and the people who bashed her during that time. u know the whole idea of gaga being a rip off, hence the rip that song (in my opinion always)

22 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Gaga's neverĀ everĀ been that petty towards Madonna anyways. It's always been very much a one-sided feud, that was also overhyped by the media. Gaga ignored it mostly until Five Foot Two where she finally addressed some ****.Ā Madonna was the one who sang ridiculing mash-ups on her tour, she called BTW reductive, etc. Gaga would never do that. It's definitely just about general bullshit gossip she experiences, you're right xo

Archived