💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spotify might temporarily shut down tomorrow

Levitating

Featured Posts

Mr Ricky

The fact that people are worrying about streams and actually thinking on how this is not helping at all. It worries me sometimes. :triggered:

Crossfit

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon
Just now, Girrr said:

I’m aware that there are other problems in the world. It’s important to not be tunnel-visioned. There are plenty of other ways to consume music for a mere day. 

not to mention the fact that people are paying customers. by all means, make statements. but don't make empty statements like this that are in fact detrimental to black artists. no black artists are going to be earning money from spotify on that day, no black artists are going to be able to promote their music that empowers black youth. no matter what angle you take, it's an issue.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

AndiGaga

This is just stupid

SO stupid, just... make playlists of black artists, do ads before songs that show support for the black community

Use big pictures and highlight the support, but shut it down? Stupid

alice911
Just now, Sneaky said:

Nobody cares right now, wtf

Gurl GGD has members from Outside US as well. And u cant force all Non-US members to care about something thats happening in America. I never saw Americans tweet about miserable conditions of migrants due to corona virus in India in Last 2 months. Every country has its problems but this is a global forum. Im not saying im not hurt by what happens to black people but u cant force the rest of the world to not talk about other things they enjoy. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
7 minutes ago, Autumn said:

music is the only thing helping me keep my calm at the moment. this is an incredibly stupid move that won't help at all. maybe if they actually donated or did something instead 

Music is the only thing that keeps you calm yet you rely on a streamin platform to listen to music. Ok then.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

IcePrincess
Just now, Girrr said:

It shows solidarity. It’s disrupting the peace. The status quo cannot afford to be upheld. If this finally wakes up some people, then this is a fairly low-cost way of spreading awareness. 

It will only piss off millions of people and some of them will start blaming black people. Should they blame them? Of course not, but they will.

vedetegomes
Just now, AndiGaga said:

This is just stupid

SO stupid, just... make playlists of black artists, do ads before songs that show support for the black community

Use big pictures and highlight the support, but shut it down? Stupid

This + they can donate for protest

Helix

This seems so performative like just donate the millions that we know you have and keep it pushing. Plus shutting down just silences black artists? I really struggle to see what this is meant to do. 

edengowon
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Music is the only thing that keeps you calm yet you rely on a streamin platform to listen to music. Ok then.

yes i do. a streaming platform that i pay for. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
7 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

How is shutting down a streaming service going to help anything? 

I wanna stay in and listen to music, not go out and see all this looting and rioting. 

You staying in doesn't mean nothing's happening. There's a real world problem right out of the door.

edengowon
Just now, Helix said:

This seems so performative like just donate the millions that we know you have and keep it pushing. Plus shutting down just silences black artists? I really struggle to see what this is meant to do. 

millions? you mean hundreds of billions.

DiskoBaby
Just now, Girrr said:

It shows solidarity. It’s disrupting the peace. The status quo cannot afford to be upheld. If this finally wakes up some people, then this is a fairly low-cost way of spreading awareness. 

Idk how it shows solidarity. It seems like a publicity stunt to make them seem 'woke' 

Keeping it up or shutting it down will make no difference except piss people off who want to listen to music.

smitherz

I think this is a great move by Spotify.

Also, if you came into this thread to complain about the impact on a ****ing pop album, I highly suggest you reconsider where your morals lie. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Autumn said:

yes i do. a streaming platform that i pay for. 

A music lover would never rely on streaming lmao that's quite basic. A music lover OWNS music, not services.

If this is true, I do expect it to be US-only. Otherwise, it would be pretty ridiculous.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived