29 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

Its “before there was love there was silence” 

I read and heard so many different versions of that line

"Before there was us there was silence"

"Before there was hope there was silence"

"Before there was love there was silence"

tell the truth GIF

Ew, David!

I think there’s a really good chance that she was inspired by the ending of crystalline. I feel like Gaga and Bloodpop referenced a lot of the art direction from this Bjork album in specific. It’s also one of my favorite Bjork albums, so I was excited to hear some similarities. 

Ariana Grindr
32 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

Its “before there was love there was silence” 

It’s not henny 

eyes ear GIF by Tony Babel

Seeka
6 minutes ago, BlueHoneymoon said:

Can you explain this please? I feel like I watched a video about this years and years ago so maybe I know what you mean but idk.

The drum beat. I don't remember exactly when it starts. But it was a 5 second thing created by a band and is one of the most pleasing sounds to the human ear. Or rhythms or something. 

But it's so sampled to the point I'm pretty sure if people were charged for using it, the people who made it could be richer than Bill Gates. 

brucee

I see something so organic opposed to the robotic in the album... Caves with echo : Gaga talked about the cavemen discovering their echo once. Underlying cohesiveness. 

hello hello baby.

Kahzandra
1 hour ago, BlueHoneymoon said:

Can you explain this please? I feel like I watched a video about this years and years ago so maybe I know what you mean but idk.

As someone posted in the other thread about SFA, The original drum loop is called "Amen Break" and was created by Gregory Coleman in the 60s.

In the 90s, an entire genre of music grew from that sound in the UK, called Jungle/Drum n Bass.  The ending of SFA sounds familiar because these types of drum loops became so popular at one point, where it started to be used in more mainstream music by the late 90s (Madonna's 1998 Ray of Light album is laced with these influences and related genres out of the UK)

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Ariana Grindr said:

It’s not henny 

eyes ear GIF by Tony Babel

she literally said so in the Zane Lowe interview didn't she? lol

Archived