💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Plastic Doll could’ve been the lead, here’s why.

DC

Featured Posts

EdgeofGlory1604

I completely agree. I feel like a lot of people on here don’t really realize what the radio actually plays. Alice would never make it as a hit. Plastic Doll has that perfect radio sound and catchy metaphors that radio loves. I think Free Woman also has that hit song sound that radio would love. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LibraLove
3 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Actually a LOT of people are hating on The Fame nowadays :billie:

I mean, I don't particularly care for The Fame, just the singles and Boys Boys Boys. But this song is such a pure pop bop and a throw back to the beginning sound of her career. So fun and dancey, but somber and dark.

3 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

The worst song on the album about a cliched metaphor and has been panned by in every review? Good thing y’all don’t call the shots. 

Except it hasn't been... Billboard even ranked it mid tier on the album and other reviews were pretty okay.

LibraLove
2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Cute song but I feel like this would've been like picking Manicure, Donatella or Bad Kids as the lead single.

Manicure would've served though... Also, the lyrics aren't as obscure as anything on ARTPOP

1 hour ago, Rio said:

Yeah? I’m giving my opinion? Plastic Doll will never be a hit. It’s one of the most generic songs on the album, but the lyrics are good enough. The GP will not eat a song like this up, even if it’s adhered to the #1 position on the Today’s Top Hits playlists.

If I remember correctly, it didn't do so well on the poll on GGD either. It was at the bottom xo

GGD literally has horrendous taste. lmao. Nothing they've ever supported has become a single or been remotely successful. Don't base your opinion on this site. :fail:

Juan Ibarra
10 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

The more I listen to the song the more and more I keep thinking how well it would do on the radio, on social media like Tik Tok, just streams in general. The more I listen to Stupid Love the more I feel like it was made to be the lead, and all the other songs feel like they have a lot more substance to them now that we have all the songs against it. For me Plastic Doll is just SO catchy and could’ve had one of the most awesome music videos EVER and more people would relate to it, and stream it like crazy. I’m not trying to downplay Stupid Love, I love it, but Plastic Doll in my opinion would’ve shows what the album is like more AND has a much more powerful impression on people, I mean the first few times I heard Stupid Love I actually didn’t really know what it means, still sometimes get confused with the lyrics, but I clung onto the whole idea of Plastic Doll right away and it gave me a much better impression than when I first heard Stupid Love. Just my opinion, don’t bash me or anyone on here, just stream Plastic Doll and make the world a better place :heart:

Plastic doll is the only song I didnt like at all (I personally find it so basic and forgettable). I think the best songs on the album are the collabs, but I get why they dont work as first single. Maybe Alice would have been a better choice. 

TropicOfCANCER
6 minutes ago, LibraLove said:

I mean, I don't particularly care for The Fame, just the singles and Boys Boys Boys. But this song is such a pure pop bop and a throw back to the beginning sound of her career. So fun and dancey, but somber and dark.

Except it hasn't been... Billboard even ranked it mid tier on the album and other reviews were pretty okay.

one review said it was like a katy perry reject, so no.

LibraLove
4 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

one review said it was like a katy perry reject, so no.

One review. Yet a lot don't and haven't given it the low score you're thinking it deserves.

TimisaMonster

It's a cute song but not lead single worthy...Alice or ROM should have been the lead 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

10 hours ago, Venus Rose said:

I have to disagree, Plastic Doll is perfect as an album track. But if we talk about miss Alice now...:bon:

miss Alice isnt a single material either 

yes and

SL wasn't the worst choice either. Plastic Doll is just not it lyrically. How can GP relate to the lyrics of PD? They can't, the song as a single would've flopped af. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Bradley

Chromatica is about celebrating differences whilst being together. Y'all with your differing opinions need to chill and stop insisting it's the only valid opinion.

Skylight

It’s the only song that feels complete (alongside ROM). It’s good some people just lack taste.

7 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I'm just saying, because it's your opinion it does not make it at the bottom of THE Chromatica best songs list :vegas:

Again. That was my opinion.:trollga:

6 hours ago, LibraLove said:

Manicure would've served though... Also, the lyrics aren't as obscure as anything on ARTPOP

GGD literally has horrendous taste. lmao. Nothing they've ever supported has become a single or been remotely successful. Don't base your opinion on this site. :fail:

Wasn't basing my opinion on that - I'm mostly basing it on my own ears. I don't think the song is good enough to be a single or resonate with the GP 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm gonna stop airing my opinion now, clearly it's not allowed 😩😞

Archived